Accies .V. Aberdeen - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Aberdeen - MATCH THREAD

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:20 am

Gav wrote:Why would I lie about it you fucking roaster.
Gav wrote:Why would I lie about it you fucking roaster.

I win :lol: :lol:
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:43 pm

Bluesy wrote:Her and the 6 kids or so that she brings make up a fair % of our away support some weeks. Accies should have characters to replace Fergie - good on her!

Crowd more like 3558 in my opinion

1-0 Accies again (Imrie)

We all know that the Pride of East Kilbride is Fergie’s heir.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:29 pm

Great game, exciting stuff, with a shockingly bad referee. Well done Accies on getting it back to 2-2 and could have won it. 3 games undefeated :)
Euan
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:41 pm

Real shame about Mothersmell though.........
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Amoutahere1874 wrote:Guest appearance from John LAMBie.
Ewe can't afford to miss that.
Should be woolly good.
Bar Prices which arguably fleece the ordinary working man.
Hope Accies performance against 'The Dons' isn't pure tripe or Mutton dressed as lamb.
I'm hoping for a common theme here and going for Accies 1 Aberdeen 0.
Skondras,23 mins.
Rakish to miss at least one sitter.
Crowd 3,998.

Crowd 3,099
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Euan wrote:Great game, exciting stuff, with a shockingly bad referee. Well done Accies on getting it back to 2-2 and could have won it. 3 games undefeated :)

I said that without moving my lips!

As good a game as I've seen at NDP for a while. A below-strength Accies going toe-to-toe with the second-best team in the country. With a bit of luck and better finishing, we could have won it, but I'd have taken a draw beforehand, and I was pleased with the result in the end. A great performance and two great Accies goals.

The referee certainly seemed to give them some big decisions: their first goal looked offside to me; we were denied what all our guys seemed convinced was a penalty for handball; a couple of times he waved play on when we had no clear advantage and would have preferred the free kick; and there were several mystifying decisions of less importance. I like to give refs the benefit of doubt, but overall I think that was a poor one.

How good was it to see us able to refresh both our strikers while chasing the win? With players still to come back, we appear to have real strength in depth. Ross County apart, good results elsewhere mean we look a little safer tonight - on-course to stay up.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:56 pm

Really enjoyed that. A point was fair too.
I want to see that striking partnership from now on as it could cause some real problems, although they won’t stay fit, I’d imagine.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:35 pm

Much more like the Accies of old.Good fighting spirit when we went behind-we would have folded three weeks ago.

Disappointed not to have won;could have been all over before the equaliser but we now have a strikeforce in Rojano and Templeton who will cause any team problems.

Let's take this into Ibrox:none of the usual defeatism and timidity please when we play The Old Firm.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:48 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Much more like the Accies of old.Good fighting spirit when we went behind-we would have folded three weeks ago.

Disappointed not to have won;could have been all over before the equaliser but we now have a strikeforce in Rojano and Templeton who will cause any team problems.

Let's take this into Ibrox; none of the usual defeatism and timidity please when we play The Old Firm.

This says it all perfectly, especially about a visit to Ibrox. MC should be talking the team UP as a unit capable of challenging the rest of the league on this performance, and not even thinking about Rangers as a "big team". Aberdeen are a far better team of players than the blue half of the OF.

We should not fear anyone, on this performance, even with the usual intimidating supporters with their high expectations. Just look at what Killy did there a couple of weeks ago!!

A very good point today and so near to be a coupon buster for three points to Accies. :D
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:15 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:
Let's take this into Ibrox:none of the usual timidity.

Ibrox and Timidity...not words you often hear them in the same sentence.
Euan
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:22 am

The mad rosey cheek woman was quiet today, eh?
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:46 am

Maybe somebody humped her.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:53 am

That was a very enjoyable game for a change. Draw was a fair result, Rojano & Temps where superb, Doc top class and Gav is probably making up more nonsense about songs sung about canning, Bingham and women with colourful cheeks.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:56 am

Amoutahere1874 wrote:Maybe somebody humped her.

You seem to know too much...
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:39 am

The rosey bum cheeks are a dead giveaway.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:26 pm

Just watched the TV highlights. Was Stewart offside? Our view was better than what you see on TV, but it does give some insight into the pundits' claims that he'd "beaten the offside trap", when to me, at the time, he looked off. The telling thing is the first thing Stewart did when the ball hit the net was look to the linesman - clearly he thought it might have been off. And what a game-changer it was.

Templeton's goal wasn't as good a goal as I thought at the time, however crucial it turned out to be. Dougie's free kick was a better goal. Any of the three gilt-edged chances Temps missed would have been a better goal, if they'd gone in. Trying to lob the giant keeper was certainly the wrong decision.

Overall, the TV highlights favoured us. I know they can be misleading, but it's unusual to see an editor's pick lean towards Accies. At the time, I just enjoyed the game and was happy with the result. But the highlights make me think maybe Martin Canning was right, and we deserved all three points.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:55 pm

One of our best performances this season. Apart from forever conceding from set pieces I think we had the better chances than Aberdeen. We made them look very bog standard at times.
It looked offside from my view live, however the way the camera pans it looks like Skondras wasn't watching the line and played him on.
If only templeton hadn't went for glory in the first half we could've had 3 up. His contribution to the team when fit is undeniable.
Rojano IS A PLAYER. A striker who is actually physical and will throw himself into defenders, whereas I feel Rakish tends to end up on his arse more often than not, I call it 'Brophying' :D . He did well to hold up the ball and assist Temps goal too.
Darian Mackinnon for me was MOTM. Tirelessly influencing play at both ends. How this guy has went from someone I wanted gone from the club to captain like performances is amazing.
I do remember a time..perhaps a few weeks ago when few people said Dougie's absolutely done? Well in young Douglas of Imrie, surely that's the first left footed free kick goal scored since Jesus?
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:03 pm

judgeflash wrote:One of our best performances this season. Apart from forever conceding from set pieces I think we had the better chances than Aberdeen. We made them look very bog standard at times.
It looked offside from my view live, however the way the camera pans it looks like Skondras wasn't watching the line and played him on.
If only templeton hadn't went for glory in the first half we could've had 3 up. His contribution to the team when fit is undeniable.
Rojano IS A PLAYER. A striker who is actually physical and will throw himself into defenders, whereas I feel Rakish tends to end up on his arse more often than not, I call it 'Brophying' :D . He did well to hold up the ball and assist Temps goal too.
Darian Mackinnon for me was MOTM. Tirelessly influencing play at both ends. How this guy has went from someone I wanted gone from the club to captain like performances is amazing.
I do remember a time..perhaps a few weeks ago when few people said Dougie's absolutely done? Well in young Douglas of Imrie, surely that's the first left footed free kick goal scored since Jesus?

I enjoy (and usually agree with) your reviews.

Wasn't it McMann who played Stewart on? (if he was on, watching it again, I'm less sure he was).

As for Temps going for glory, I think I'd prefer to see him try for the spectacular, if he can get as many chances in a game, and convert at that rate (4 great chances, 1 goal).

Rojano's great. Constantly held and fouled on Saturday, and kept coming back for more. With a stronger ref, we'd have had multiple free kicks, and they'd have had multiple yellow cards.

Altogether very encouraging.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:44 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
judgeflash wrote:One of our best performances this season. Apart from forever conceding from set pieces I think we had the better chances than Aberdeen. We made them look very bog standard at times.

I enjoy (and usually agree with) your reviews.

Wasn't it McMann who played Stewart on? (if he was on, watching it again, I'm less sure he was).

As for Temps going for glory, I think I'd prefer to see him try for the spectacular, if he can get as many chances in a game, and convert at that rate (4 great chances, 1 goal).

Rojano's great. Constantly held and fouled on Saturday, and kept coming back for more. With a stronger ref, we'd have had multiple free kicks, and they'd have had multiple yellow cards.

Altogether very encouraging.

It may have been Mcmann, we need to reduce the beards in our defensive line :lol: Big Tomas was never going to catch him though on a one on one.
One on one with the goalkeeper, I felt he shouldve either tried to slot it low, or take a touch past the goalkeeper. The fact our team are able to get such clear cut chances against scotlands number two team is certainly something that should be applauded. If i recall, the corner for Aberdeens goal was also quite a controversial decision by the useless ref.

PS glad we have similar minds!
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Gilbaldo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:46 pm

On Stewart's goal, I wasn't sure about it at the time but it seems to be clearly Scott McMann who played him onside. At the time, Dougie spoke to the assistant ref and then immediately had a go at Scott, so that must have been the reason for the goal to stand.
This is a far stronger Accies team that just a month ago and, if we can replicate what we saw at the weekend, we should be able to take something from a lot of the teams in the division.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives