Club statement

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Club statement

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:13 am

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:To be fair the articles banded about say it has been a vishing scam, which is when someone phones you pretending to be from the bank, tries to get you to panic I.e. “your account has been compromised we need to move the funds to this other account”

If you can still fall for a scam like that in this day and age you deserve to lose your money, everyone knows they should just hang up the phone and call the bank themselves

You obviously know nothing about how sophisticated these scams can be.

Pretending to be known contacts in your bank, stealing confidential information and using it to establish credibility, hacking into your phone system so that you think you're "hanging up the phone and calling the bank" but you're still on the line to the fraudsters, etc, etc.

Plenty of reputable businesses fall for this stuff all the time. It's possible someone at Accies has been stupid, but much more likely an ingenious deception has been executed. I've heard ~£850k over 9 transactions, but it's just a rumour. We don't know all the facts, and may never know, or at least not for a long time, but pointing the finger at Board members or employees of the club is frankly childish.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:13 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
Scotty Tunbridge wrote:To be fair the articles banded about say it has been a vishing scam, which is when someone phones you pretending to be from the bank, tries to get you to panic I.e. “your account has been compromised we need to move the funds to this other account”

If you can still fall for a scam like that in this day and age you deserve to lose your money, everyone knows they should just hang up the phone and call the bank themselves

You obviously know nothing about how sophisticated these scams can be.

Pretending to be known contacts in your bank, stealing confidential information and using it to establish credibility, hacking into your phone system so that you think you're "hanging up the phone and calling the bank" but you're still on the line to the fraudsters, etc, etc.

Plenty of reputable businesses fall for this stuff all the time. It's possible someone at Accies has been stupid, but much more likely an ingenious deception has been executed. I've heard ~£850k over 9 transactions, but it's just a rumour. We don't know all the facts, and may never know, or at least not for a long time, but pointing the finger at Board members or employees of the club is frankly childish.

It been reported as a vishing scam which means someone definetly gave our details to someone pretending to be from the bank, the ins and outs of the conversations I don’t know but the fraudster could have made several calls to seem legitimate, I’d say it’s a 75% chance it would be a board member considering the amount of money involved and I’d hope that is the case if the girl that works in the club shop/office could make the transfer I’d be worried.

I’d know that if anyone phoned me from the bank that if they were legitimate they wouldn’t take offence to me saying I’ll phone in not that there’s much for a fraudster to steal from me.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:46 pm

It's strange the way things work out.
If the Club had invested the "£1m" on new talent then we'd be up the league,pushing for a top6 place.
The "£1m" wouldn't be in the bank,it would be spent, so it couldn't be nicked.
And we'd all be happy.
Harsh but true.

Old Chinese Proverb_. "Ye cannae take it wae ye.
Spend it"
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:20 am

I have word from a VERY good source that it is believed to be an IBC case, whilst still under review this afternoon, transferred out of the country also
He tells me he was also dealing with Hearts and he believes the investigation for them is around 10K.
He also tells me in these sort of situations, if the story adds up and the company has been the victim of fraud *Despite the amount* , the money is usually paid back within a 72 hour period from their account/s
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:59 pm

judgeflash wrote:I have word from a VERY good source that it is believed to be an IBC case, whilst still under review this afternoon, transferred out of the country also
He tells me he was also dealing with Hearts and he believes the investigation for them is around 10K.
He also tells me in these sort of situations, if the story adds up and the company has been the victim of fraud *Despite the amount* , the money is usually paid back within a 72 hour period from their account/s

What is an IBC case?
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:34 pm

Internet banking
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby BRAN » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:41 pm

judgeflash wrote:Internet banking

Has anyone seen Gilbaldo since the news broke?
BRAN
Pub League

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:41 pm

Gilbaldos lawyers are already on your case.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Davie Hogg » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:16 pm

judgeflash wrote:He also tells me in these sort of situations, if the story adds up and the company has been the victim of fraud *Despite the amount* , the money is usually paid back within a 72 hour period from their account/s

Most reassuring, thanks. Feel a lot more hopeful that we wont go into administration.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:04 am

Just wonder how the small print in the Club's bank account will go re: a disclaimer.
Like the disclaimer in Cannings contract which clearly states he can't be sacked.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:49 am

So superseal are jumping from a sinking ship now according to there own website and pulling our the sponsorship
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:11 am

Bomber Harris wrote:So superseal are jumping from a sinking ship now according to there own website and pulling our the sponsorship

You had me worried there Bomber however are they not saying that they are prepared to allow other sponsership to be associated with Accies (in addition to their money).

They maybe had exclusive sponsorship with the amount of money they put in.

Here is the link..

http://www.supersealltd.co.uk/superseal ... ball-club/

I hope that is the case anyway.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:30 pm

Raman on STV said that Accies will get the £370,000 Celtic CL money TOMORROW!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:08 pm

And 365k is earmarked for junkies,alkies and Men Shed projects.
5 grand should go far
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:08 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Raman on STV said that Accies will get the £370,000 Celtic CL money TOMORROW!

To clarify, this seems to be the money for last season's qualification. However, the report says the £4m to all eleven clubs from last season's Premiership is more than double the pay out received last season but Celtic didn't qualify for the CL the season before. The report also says the total pay out was only £400,000 in 2015 when they failed again to reach the CL. Presumably that was Europa League bonus money. I assume this means we have this season's qualification payment to look forward to this time next season.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:54 pm

It's always paid in lieu.
Like wages.
So that'll be another wad in the bank for the 'Vishers' to plunder next season.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:20 am

Spoke to a guy at the game who works in Business Banking who stated a lot of companies Accies size check their accounts TWICE daily and usually have a limit set of £25k in transactions.In addition,they have a key pass to add and subtract these sums...so the fact we lost so much could perhaps be indicative of shoddy banking practices at the club as per the aforementioned?
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:54 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Spoke to a guy at the game who works in Business Banking who stated a lot of companies Accies size check their accounts TWICE daily and usually have a limit set of £25k in transactions.In addition,they have a key pass to add and subtract these sums...so the fact we lost so much could perhaps be indicative of shoddy banking practices at the club as per the aforementioned?

Also heard last night from a friend of a friend that allegedly it was £935K in one transaction. Accies systems hacked, both computers and telephones. Funds ended up in China in under an hour and no chance of any recovery through B of S. Difficult to believe that one person had authority at that level of funds transfer.

However, that might all be bollocks and we will never know the full story; only effect will be how the loss affects our future investment in better players etc. One wonders why, if the Club had that sort of "free" funds, we did not spend even a little of it on a couple of decent players. :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:05 pm

If it's a Triad gang why don't we round a few of the boys up from the Vaults and ACF and jump on a plane over there sharpish?
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:16 pm

Think you will find Amoutahere1874 that quite a sizeable proportion of our fan base are now boycotting The Vaults due to being made to feel like second class citizens when The Old Filth visited town.

Better pubs nearby with reasonably priced beer: Colonel Mustards with their own house beer at £2.50 is popular I hear as is the wide variety of beers on tap in The ML3.

Now,The Vaults are filling the pub with away fans,it is even less an Accies pub as it is a self defeating prophecy;less home fans mean more away fans to make up for the lost income;Catch 22 situation.

Add in The Stadium Bar where you have to leave at 2:30(very few folk leave at 2:30 to go into a ground,when still time for another beer)and it is another lost opportunity to cash in.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies