Club statement

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Club statement

Postby Davie Hogg » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:21 pm

AlMac wrote:
Davie Hogg wrote:
Willie Wastle wrote:Surprised anyone is using this news to have a pop at the Board. We're not the first football club to be defrauded and we won't be the last.

We run on a very tight budget: if the amount bandied around by BT Sport is remotely accurate, and can't be recovered, then we will be in grave difficulties. Ye Olde Hamiltonian seems to be the only one with a sense of the proportion of this. It's potentially disastrous.

Because it's the board who have been stupid enough to get conned? We need to find out what they did. Nobody is under any illusions that the club could go under. We need to know how and why our club has got into this situation.

None of us know what's happened, but you've decided that someone's been stupid!? There's a criminal investigation underway, so it's unlikely there will be any details released anytime soon. Survival of our club should be the main concern....

Either a human being has actually transferred money or there's a problem with security and either way its someone's fault so yes, STUPID.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alty accie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:47 pm

If ever a win was needed, then it is tomorrow.
Good luck to everyone. 8-)
Alty accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:49 pm

According to Clyde1, Hearts have also been duped, but not to the extreme we have.
If you tell ANYONE involved in any form of business, that HAFC takes CASH ONLY for season tickets/sales, they'd right away suspect something suspicious is going on.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:49 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Rumoured to be £900,00 ffs.

It's fine the Stephen Hendrie, Tony Aundreu, Alex Neil transfer money plus stadium rights, tv money, prize money and celtic champions league money will see us good as In the last 2/3 years We've spent absolutely Fuck all of that money apart from wages and digs to the Eurotrash superstars. By my calculations We've lost the stadium rights money plus t.v. money so should still have at least the 3m from transfers, celtic money and prize cash. What's everyone worrying about?
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:36 pm

Alty accie wrote:HAMILTON ACCIES
1874 - 2017
RIP :( :(

Quite frankly FUCK OFF with that pish
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:40 pm

I'm as shattered as anyone by this but no way will we let this club die because of a scam suffered by hearts , Annan and us (to a much greater extent admittedly). Time to stand up and fight - end of story!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Davie Hogg » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:44 pm

Bluesy wrote:I'm as shattered as anyone by this but no way will we let this club die because of a scam suffered by hearts , Annan and us (to a much greater extent admittedly). Time to stand up and fight - end of story!

Agree with the sentiment but how on earth can the fans raise 900 grand?
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:53 pm

We can get early payments from the league. I (and I'm sure many others would pay for next years season tickets now (all 9 of them) - anyone with a company (or say in a company) could do some small sponsorship- costs can be cut; 2 companies can be merged; people can drink in the stand club; we could sell players; we could get the money back via the police or insurance; the council could come up with an upfront staggered rental agreement for the offices they rent; we can collect more net in the streets. Anything we can do.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby AlMac » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:12 am

Davie Hogg wrote:
AlMac wrote:
Davie Hogg wrote:
Because it's the board who have been stupid enough to get conned? We need to find out what they did. Nobody is under any illusions that the club could go under. We need to know how and why our club has got into this situation.

None of us know what's happened, but you've decided that someone's been stupid!? There's a criminal investigation underway, so it's unlikely there will be any details released anytime soon. Survival of our club should be the main concern....

Either a human being has actually transferred money or there's a problem with security and either way its someone's fault so yes, STUPID.

It would appear that you believe that every victim of fraud has acted in a stupid manner?! Interesting perspective......
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:25 am

Bluesy wrote:We can get early payments from the league. I (and I'm sure many others would pay for next years season tickets now (all 9 of them) - anyone with a company (or say in a company) could do some small sponsorship- costs can be cut; 2 companies can be merged; people can drink in the stand club; we could sell players; we could get the money back via the police or insurance; the council could come up with an upfront staggered rental agreement for the offices they rent; we can collect more net in the streets. Anything we can do.

Jesus weep what part of my reply don't you understand? In 3 seasons we have sold players in excess of 3m quid, 3 seasons prize money, 2 seasons stadium rights, champions league money, tv money, shirt sponsorship ect ect We've lost the equivalent of the naming rights and t.v. money ffs. Why are we in trouble with the change left over? Wake up you lot. Instead of the doom & gloom start asking where the hidden millions from 4 seasons top flight football is.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:31 am

You going to be in the stand club tomorrow before the game. Love to discuss this with you
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:32 am

I only want to help in any way I can
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:37 am

But bomber don't assume I'm thick - I really don't like your reply but happy to talk tomorrow
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:45 am

I'll be the miserable guy in the accies scarf
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:54 am

To be fair the articles banded about say it has been a vishing scam, which is when someone phones you pretending to be from the bank, tries to get you to panic I.e. “your account has been compromised we need to move the funds to this other account”

If you can still fall for a scam like that in this day and age you deserve to lose your money, everyone knows they should just hang up the phone and call the bank themselves
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:11 am

So Scotty and Bomber - great that you're correct about the problems pre scam and that we "deserve it" but don't you want to do what you can to save the club?
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:26 am

Bluesy wrote:So Scotty and Bomber - great that you're correct about the problems pre scam and that we "deserve it" but don't you want to do what you can to save the club?

I’d be happy to help the club, but why should I bother when certain board members are more interested in helping charities/junkies, trying to intimidate fans and making statements that men shouldn’t swear at the football rather than running a football club
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:55 am

Has Rojano signed yet?
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:47 am

Bluesy wrote:But bomber don't assume I'm thick - I really don't like your reply but happy to talk tomorrow

I know who you are and don't think your thick for one minute and if it makes you happy doing your little bit then good for you. I've been through far worse situations being an Accies fan in the 90's and early 2000's than this situation. I did my part then but as for now I wouldn't give those cunts in charge a small of my shite. Hope this helps.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:53 am

We've all been through the bad times and surely that's the point - we don't want to hit the lows you referred to. This seems to me to be a bit different- a scam that anyone could be subjected to.
Each to their own right enough.
Bluesy
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies