Accies V St Johnston~ Match Thead

Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies V St Johnston~ Match Thead

Postby HAFC_14 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:34 pm

What you think the score will be and Post what you want!
HAFC_14
Pub League

Re: Accies V St Johnston~ Match Thead

Postby accies1874 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:08 am

Always a tough game there. I'd have Gogic in for Imrie with McMann pushing out to wing-back and Temps may be out for a while. I'd probably rather see Longridge replace him instead of Boyd.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:41 am

I'd play Rojano up top in a 4/5/1
Stifle them in midfield with no particular attention to OHalloran as he's well overrated.
Actually forget Rojano.Rakish instead as at this stage of this century,sorry week,it doesn't look as if the fax machine is working yet in Bolivia.
Crowd 2,379
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:09 pm

Amoutahere1874 wrote:Crowd 2,379

Can you PM me the winning Euro Millions lottery numbers for Friday and when, not if, I win, I promise to split the jackpot with you on a 50/50 basis?

I know that you could pick all the winning numbers and keep them for yourself, but I see that you like to share your predictions with others. :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:41 pm

McDiarmid is a ground I quite like to visit, and we've had some good results there over the years. After a decent start, their form has dropped - home draw with Hibs, loss at Dundee - so they'll be looking to make amends and will fancy their chances of beating us. I travel in hope rather than expectation - we could do with rediscovering how to win a game, but I'd take a draw. Temps is a loss, but not a 90-minute loss, and we have the squad to cope. Rojano to feature from the bench?
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:22 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:McDiarmid is a ground I quite like to visit, and we've had some good results there over the years. After a decent start, their form has dropped - home draw with Hibs, loss at Dundee - so they'll be looking to make amends and will fancy their chances of beating us. I travel in hope rather than expectation - we could do with rediscovering how to win a game, but I'd take a draw. Temps is a loss, but not a 90-minute loss, and we have the squad to cope. Rojano to feature from the bench?

Only a couple of weeks ago it was revealed he's not even match fit, whereas we have a young english forward on the bench with pace who isn't even getting a sniff at a substitute appearance yet to show his worth.

I agree with the earlier post that Gogic deserves a chance at some regular game time. Boyd whilst potential for the future, gets stifled by any form of physicality at the back.
I'd hope we could go for a flat 4 with a holding midfield *perhaps the return of donati?* Unless we are going to put the correct players in a wingback position *not imrie with his current passing ability* then we can't afford to play so wide. Lets hope O'Halloran has a bad day.

ACCIES 2-1 Rakish and Ali ;)
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:58 pm

2nil Accies.
Rojano and Chammoro.
Rakish to miss at least one sitter.
Cheers.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:16 pm

Admission info for anyone who isn't aware is listed below.

Accies fans will be housed in the north end of the Main Stand on Saturday with the following admission prices:

Adult : £23
Over 65 : £13
Age 13-18 : £12
Accompanied U12 (Max 2 per paying adult) £16 (Family gate is turnstile 5) e.g 1 x adult and up to 2 x U12 for £16

Saints match day bar (The Muirton Bar) is located in the south end of the Main Stand and is open from 12 noon to both home and away support, refreshments and hot snacks will be available and children are welcome.

Bus parking is free of charge in the car park, Cars can park for £5. We have a limited number of accessible parking bays for blue badge holders which can be booked in advance by calling 01738 459090 with the person’s name and vehicle reg and these bays are also charged at £5.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:30 pm

Some things never change
Muirton Park is always a rip off and wouldn't give Geoff Brown an empty ginger bottle.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:58 pm

Amoutahere1874 wrote:2nil Accies.
Rojano and Chammoro.
Rakish to miss at least one sitter.
Cheers.

Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:16 pm

Amoutahere1874 wrote:Some things never change
Muirton Park is always a rip off and wouldn't give Geoff Brown an empty ginger bottle.

I'll have my son with me, and he's primary school age.

Family gate admission is £16 for him and me both. Not £16 each, £16 total. (That's £7 less than if I went on my own, or with anyone over 12.)

Seems odd that I'm getting a discount for having a young son, but it's great value!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
Amoutahere1874 wrote:Some things never change

I'll have my son with me, and he's primary school age.

Family gate admission is £16 for him and me both. Not £16 each, £16 total. (That's £7 less than if I went on my own, or with anyone over 12.)

Seems odd that I'm getting a discount for having a young son, but it's great value!

Great value for those with kids, not so much for the likes of me though!
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:43 pm

What a spineless bunch we are.
Unable to hold a lead YET AGAIN!
CANNING OUT!
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Sept was always gonna be difficult and no matter how bad Rangers are we are like ly to be worse. September will read played 4 lost 4

Its a good job there are other teams equally rank in the division
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Starting every game with 3 passengers every week is killing us. Crawford, imrie and bingham are just a non event. Actually fed up now spending money to witness that collapse once again. It's like groundhog season again
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:41 pm

Pretty gutted. Thought we were good in the first half with a dodgy defence but there was certainly a collapse in the second, although we still had 2 good chances and hit the bar. Two defensive shambles cost us.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:18 pm

St.Johnstone never won the game-we threw it away.Game should have been over by half-time but our Achilles heel struck again.

At 1-0 up,Tomas hits the bar and they score in their next attack.Ditto Bingham missing with keeper to beat when we looked the likely winner.

Not one but THREE points dropped;gutted like most of our fans leaving that game.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Re: Accies V St Johnstone ~ Match Thead

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:35 pm

Disappointing after we were the better side in the first half and deservedly ahead. Brilliant goal by Docherty. I really enjoyed the first half, two teams trying to play football, and we were better.

Second half we were second best throughout, and over the piece probably deserved to lose. Credit to St Johnstone for their tactical changes, gritty comeback, and better conversion of chances.

I don't hold with criticism of Bingham. He's no poacher, but he's excellent at receiving all sorts of difficult balls, killing them stone dead, and holding possession while the midfield rushes forward. Reminds me of George McCluskey in his pomp, but with added pace. He's like an old fashioned inside forward who needs to play with a strong, goal-scoring centre forward, but we just don't have that type of player. There's no point criticising Bingham for not being something he's never claimed to be.

It's a hard shift on the road. We need to start to salvage the odd point from games like that. But today reminded me why I don't go to many away games - extra effort for less return. Still, good value at the family gate, good view (unlike all the grounds where we're behind the goal), decent food, some good football to watch, and almost a good result. Almost.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:03 pm

Difficult to add anything to Mr Wastle's post, particularly about critisim about Bingham from others. Did a thankless task throughout the game.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:56 pm

CANNING OUT
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives