Accies .V. Dundee - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Dundee - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Thu May 18, 2017 3:15 am

Following from the must-win thread, your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Dundee - MATCH THREAD

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu May 18, 2017 5:58 am

Accies to be relegated
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:29 am

Bomber Harris wrote:Accies to be relegated

A prediction or a wish ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Thu May 18, 2017 8:58 am

A nervy start then a gift of a goal for Dundee and they'll sit in and soak up our feeble attacks.

I hope I'm wrong
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:17 am

The injury and illness situation may impact on us but hopefully we can continue the decent play from Tuesday and repeat the defeat over Dundee from what now seems like an age ago.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu May 18, 2017 11:21 am

I'm led to believe that Devlin has kicked his last ball for us. Leaving us with a super slow CB combo of Sarris/Donati. I expect Dundee to press and use long balls to try and test the legs.
We NEED Dougie on the left, he looked like his old self actually being played in his natural position, whipped in many crosses. Hard to deny Bingham the start over D'Acol, considering he got a poachers goal and came VERY close twice thereafter.
Templeton as the impact sub might work again, I'll guess Dundee have scouted this and will try and close him down.
This time 3 years ago we had just beaten falkirk, morale was high, the team were playing great football and winning games, we need this spark for at least 3 more games.

PS
If everyone could just stop arguing amongst each other, yes most don't think Canning is fit to be in the position he is, but we can ALL hopefully agree that we do not want the pain of relegation again.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:19 pm

Probably the same team as Tuesday. Donati's rotten, but we don't have anyone else who can play the sweeper role. Longridge was ineffective as well, although as has been said, Templeton is probably at his best coming on from the bench.
I don't disagree with voicing unhappiness at the final whistle. All I'll say is that we can't automatically turn on them if we go a goal down. Don't let the heads drop, don't scream at Canning to get to fuck after 5 minutes, and try and get behind them. We need to give them all the support they can get - even if they don't deserve it.
Tuesday night showed there's still a bit of fight left in this team; let's hope it's not too little, too late.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:43 pm

Can I hold back until around the 15/20 mark before I tell Cun ,sorry Cantzo where to go?
Down with the Clown
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu May 18, 2017 8:34 pm

accies1874 wrote:Probably the same team as Tuesday. Donati's rotten, but we don't have anyone else who can play the sweeper role. Longridge was ineffective as well, although as has been said, Templeton is probably at his best coming on from the bench.
I don't disagree with voicing unhappiness at the final whistle. All I'll say is that we can't automatically turn on them if we go a goal down. Don't let the heads drop, don't scream at Canning to get to fuck after 5 minutes, and try and get behind them. We need to give them all the support they can get - even if they don't deserve it.
Tuesday night showed there's still a bit of fight left in this team; let's hope it's not too little, too late.

I don't know how we have managed to accumulate so many left footed players. Louis was ineffective on the wing, but I'd much prefer him on the right instead of Dougie! I cannot think of anyone else who could start on the right wing, Templeton isn't match fit apparently.
Minus individual errors, if we put in a performance like that again, we should pummel Dundee.

A good gesture from the club would have been to fill our empty seats with some form of super cheap PATG deal. I'm sure even casuals would fancy a cheap game possibly seeing a team being relegated.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri May 19, 2017 11:00 am

Is Devlin suspended for this one? The Sun online yesterday had Devlin trying to get fit in time for the game! Probably serves me right for reading that crap.

Really worried now however we should make it to the play offs and I can see us winning that.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:41 pm

Don't think any info has come out about player availability ?

Would like to see Woods and our regular back 4 and again we need Daz Dougie and Ali to step up. Some more forward intent from Docherty would be good as well.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri May 19, 2017 5:56 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Don't think any info has come out about player availability ?

Would like to see Woods and our regular back 4 and again we need Daz Dougie and Ali to step up. Some more forward intent from Docherty would be good as well.

obviously to be taken with a pinch of salt, but I did hear from a reliable source that Devlin is done with the current setup.
I seen Tierney in the Gym in Hamilton earlier, so I'll presume with him doing a weight workout he's maybe not going to be featured in the game tomorrow.

I have been a big fan of Woods all season, thought he should have kept his place tbh. Brave, good shot stopper and commands his box.

I think it will probably be another 3-5-2 effort. Let's hope they leave their pace at home with Donati/Sarris the possible duo again.
Dougie on the left with bingham playing centre, he deserves that after a good performance.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:58 pm

Bbc reporting Devlin fit and DAcol has re covered.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri May 19, 2017 9:48 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Bbc reporting Devlin fit and DAcol has re covered.

D'Acol should not start over Bingham IMO. Bingham looked dangerous in the first half getting to play as a centre forward.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri May 19, 2017 11:59 pm

Great news that Templeton has signed an extention till the end of next season. He has got to start against Dundee as he's a better goal scoring option than both Bingham & D'Acol. We have to gamble in this game and Temps is the ace card imo. let him rip the piss and score goals for 60 mins than use him as a impact sub.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:24 am

Agreed
What's the point of an impact sub when your 3 goals down?
The first goal on Saturday is all important.
Just hope we get it.
Get right in about them from the 1st minute Accies coz we ain't getting any favours from no Cu#+s
At least we know it's in our own hands and if we don't beat them we probably don't deserve a crack at Utd.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:47 am

The potential balance is that an unfit player as well as being limited In terms of time is also perhaps better suited to the second half when the game opens up and opponents are not as fresh.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:57 am

With the way things have gone over past few weeks we have lost the momentum we had going into play offs. I thought with 3 home games and 2 away we should do just enough to get out of trouble

With Inverness win midweek they will be buoyant and believe they can complete the great escape. Dundee and McCann will be hurting and will no doubt raise their game for today

The Well are safe and their forward line wont be playing today. I would expect a win for Inverness

Means we have to win. WE struggle scoring goals have a defence with more holes than Rab C Nesbitt's vest, a captain who may not be 100 fit and whose heart may not be fully in it after last weeks abuse. Sorry guys at best a draw and down we go

With that we will have a clear out of players which may be no bad thing. Problem is many teams who drop down struggle to get back up, St Mirren, Falkirk,Hibs

Canning may be a decent bloke, a good player but as a manager it just has not worked. He has to go

Whilst I admire Les idea to promote from within, having maybe Dougie and Donnati as a management team will potentially drop us down even further

On all these positive notes, I hope we do it but as with all things Accies fear the worst
smc4761
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:12 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:The potential balance is that an unfit player as well as being limited In terms of time is also perhaps better suited to the second half when the game opens up and opponents are not as fresh.

Exactly this.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat May 20, 2017 12:46 pm

Our mindset today has to be that this is a must-win. We have to assume ICT will win.

That said, it's entirely possible that ICT will revert to type, and a toothless Motherwell will still have enough about them to take at least a draw. Remember, ICT have to win, or they go down; we only have to win if they win, and otherwise our result is irrelevant.

However, as the best we can now hope for is the play off, it would be good to find some form and confidence to give us a chance in that. If we end up in the play off despite losing again today, I'd expect us to lose that play off and go down anyway. What we need to do us win today, get at least a draw at Tannadice on Thursday night, and then win it as United hopefully tire next Sunday, with all their play offs catching up on them.

Of course, we haven't secured the play off place yet. This is all just a roundabout way of saying today is a must-win if ever we had one. Fight for every ball, get in about them, press them back, grab an early goal, and keep pressing to convert the lead into a clear winning margin.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives