Accies v Ross County

Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies v Ross County

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:49 pm

Another big game to look forward to and a result here would change everything for us at the bottom of the table. Home form better than away so this is maybe the best chance of a win before the split. Hopefully we recover from last night and are a bit more dynamic in this game.

Daz's stupidity probably means it time for Donati to actually step up to the mark and live up to his reputation and early promise.

We need to fill the left wing chasm currently being filled by the underwhelming Bingham; and Ali and Greg need to shake off the injury cobwebs as we know they can.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Re: Accies v Ross County

Postby accies1874 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:24 pm

D'Acol and Docherty were looking a bit jaded towards the end - they'd both be big misses. Imrie also apparently had stitches on his leg, and if he continues to play like he did last night, he'd also be a miss. We all know he won't play that well again though. I agree about dropping Bingham, and the only other logical step would be to bring in Templeton. He'll be able to play as an inside forward and cut in like Bingham. He probably won't be fit, and who knows if he'll be good enough? I'd probably line up like:
Matthews
Skondras Sarris Devlin McMann
Docherty Donati Crawford
Redmond D'Acol Templeton
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:07 pm

I assume we're not appealing the red? Scobbie screams abuse at a linesman on Saturday and gets nothing, Daz, was it a fan he was responding to, shouldn't have done it but surely it's only a booking? I believe he also misses Dundee as does Crawford so Saturday is really a game we could do with winning but I'll say it'll be 1-1. Crowd could be desperate. They might have to include all STs again to make it respectable.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:49 pm

16+: £10
Under 16s: Free
Absolutely fantastic deal. We all know what happens when we get these deals and bigger crowds though :lol:
accies1874
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:56 pm

accies1874 wrote:16+: £10
Absolutely fantastic deal. We all know what happens when we get these deals and bigger crowds though :lol:

Delighted club agreed this afternoon let's tell all and sundry about this deal.

Hoping to announce something for Dundee away next week shortly.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby WAC » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:58 pm

AcciesFCSLO wrote:

Good deal but surely it would have been benefictical to all to have had this deal in the advertiser today ??
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:03 pm

The Advertiser rarely seems to have Accies on the back page these days-same again this week I see.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:32 pm

WAC wrote:
AcciesFCSLO wrote:

Good deal but surely it would have been benefictical to all to have had this deal in the advertiser today ??

Only agreed this afternoon spur of the moment you could say.

We will work with all press to push it out sadly time constraints mean can't get flyers etc for this weekend.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:58 pm

Hopefully crowd won't be so desperate now. Fair enough if it was spur of the moment, could see sub-1000 in home end without it.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:49 am

The red card will not be challenged according to accies twitter.
I've argued for years that more under 16s free days should be encouraged, they're still going to be buying drinks/hot food/snacks etc? It's arses on seats that wouldn't be there. I'll be hoping to convince more friends to come along at a tenner, can't really argue with that pricing!

Keen to see Templeton make an appearance. I'll presume maybe redmond or gillespie will step into the centre for Daz. I'd like to see bingham play a more central role, D'Acol proved his worth this season so far, he's made 3 goal line clearances/that would have lost us a game/ as well as his important goals.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:48 pm

judgeflash wrote:The red card will not be challenged according to accies twitter.
I've argued for years that more under 16s free days should be encouraged, they're still going to be buying drinks/hot food/snacks etc? It's arses on seats that wouldn't be there. I'll be hoping to convince more friends to come along at a tenner, can't really argue with that pricing!

Keen to see Templeton make an appearance. I'll presume maybe redmond or gillespie will step into the centre for Daz. I'd like to see bingham play a more central role, D'Acol proved his worth this season so far, he's made 3 goal line clearances/that would have lost us a game/ as well as his important goals.

Gillespie has damaged ankle ligaments apparently so I don't think we'll be seeing him for a few weeks. We'll be missing a fair few at Dundee but gives Redmond, Adams, Boyd maybe even Cunningham a chance to impress. Lyon and Longridge seem to nearing full fitness too.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Donati will obviously be in for MacKinnon only other change id make is Templeton/Redmond for Bingham
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:41 pm

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:Donati will obviously be in for MacKinnon only other change id make is Templeton/Redmond for Bingham

Agree
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:21 pm

I was actually really impressed with us in the forst half. This narrow front 3 is clearly our best formation and has seen the best of Imrie. Bingham's been horrendous in it, though, and Crawford's dropped way off. The ref was poor today, but if we show the fight that we have in the last 3, then we have a great chance of doing it. D'Acol makes a massive difference up top as well. One of our most underrated players since Trent McClenehan ;)
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:29 pm

We will take it with other results going for us but the ref made what looked like a terrible decision that shocked everyone. We can play better with only Imrie in the midfield doing well for me and Donati totally missing apart from a wonderful goal; and Greg and Ali well below par. The defence played really well and again the fans that ignored McMann for half of the season will eat their words. He has gone from tidy to absolutely reliable.

We fight on but we can't play with 2 strikers.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:36 pm

R&W, McMann is good - we've all appreciated that (I even heard someone compare him to Sheena today). He is often left exposed by Ali not going out wide to help him, and his ability going forward is brilliant. He should've passed to Brophy though.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:29 pm

We started really well, amazing finish from Donati. D'Acol then had a stunning effort from 25 yard superbly saved. But we then fell away and didn't do a great deal until nearer half time. Skondras was late and I felt it was maybe the severity of the foul that meant a red card but given the prolonged nature of the protests I have a feeling the ref has said to them that it was denying a CGO, which is very doubtful. We had players running back and they may have caught him.

A little surprised by Crawford getting hooked so early in the second half, I felt he was doing ok. Gogic has something, I'm not quite sure what yet. Great late chance for him after Imrie's lung bursting run. Would have been an amazing feeling had that gone in. McMann was outstanding. I don't blame him for taking that on after such a great run, would have our goal of the season. Devlin and Imrie next best. Much more like it from Dougie the last two games.

A good day overall. Next week will be interesting with Gillespie, Skondras, *Daz and Ali all out and a Dundee team with zero confidence. Hopefully we'll see no managerial movement this week, either at Dens or Inverness!

*Just seen on Accies twitter that Mackinnon can play next week but misses first game post-split. Hopefully Donati drops out as he was pretty poor despite his great strike.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:16 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:We started really well, amazing finish from Donati. D'Acol then had a stunning effort from 25 yard superbly saved. But we then fell away and didn't do a great deal until nearer half time. Skondras was late and I felt it was maybe the severity of the foul that meant a red card but given the prolonged nature of the protests I have a feeling the ref has said to them that it was denying a CGO, which is very doubtful. We had players running back and they may have caught him.

A little surprised by Crawford getting hooked so early in the second half, I felt he was doing ok. Gogic has something, I'm not quite sure what yet. Great late chance for him after Imrie's lung bursting run. Would have been an amazing feeling had that gone in. McMann was outstanding. I don't blame him for taking that on after such a great run, would have our goal of the season. Devlin and Imrie next best. Much more like it from Dougie the last two games.

A good day overall. Next week will be interesting with Gillespie, Skondras, *Daz and Ali all out and a Dundee team with zero confidence. Hopefully we'll see no managerial movement this week, either at Dens or Inverness!

*Just seen on Accies twitter that Mackinnon can play next week but misses first game post-split. Hopefully Donati drops out as he was pretty poor despite his great strike.

Ali was atrocious today even Canning shouted on him to get the finger out
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Twitter said the club also plan to appeal Skondras' red. Which means he'll probably be eligible for Dens regardless.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Return to Match Day Archives