Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. St. Johnstone - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:44 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. St. Johnstone - MATCH THREAD

Postby Euan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:26 pm

This has to be the start of our recovery if we are to avoid relegation. I'd accept a point, 0-0 even, to take into the crunch game next Wednesday, which will be season defining. Hopefully the break has given the injured and unfit players a chance to recover and we'll be up for it. If we're not...
Euan
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:37 pm

Need to start improving performances and get a decent set up that suits us. 3 massive games in a week and they are all important but this one a little less so than Well and RC.

A settled 451 for me, playing the full backs we have brought in and D'Acol up front. Be interesting to see if Templeton is fit enough to feature in the squad.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Templeton not involved so:

Woods
Skondras Devlin Sarris Adams
Donati
Imrie Ali Daz Gregg
D'Acol

Potentially Gogic in there as he is been deemed good enough for a contract extension ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:51 pm

3-0 st Johnstone
woods
skondras, sarris, devlin, Donati, mcmann
Doc, Ali, Daz, redmond, imrie.
no strikers.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:13 pm

Any kind of observer would see the bottom 5 clubs all have issues. We are bottom and so clearly ours are the worst although until a full run of fixtures is yet to be gone through.

Opportunity is still there if we can get players fit and on form; the support of fans would help in this so called crisis that sees us trying to be in the top flight for 4 seasons in a row for the first time in all our lifetimes ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:26 am

The Dundee score added to a win for us today would leave us three points behind them with two games to come against them;plenty incentive as they could do "a Hibs" if us and Inverness start winning games.

Seven points ideally next three games at a minimum.Whether we have the fighting spirit time will tell on that one.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:45 am

One of the keepers injured as Jamieson is in the squad?
Gaspode
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:26 pm

Gaspode wrote:One of the keepers injured as Jamieson is in the squad?

A number of midfielders injured as Redmond may be starting ? :roll: :)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:59 pm

0-2 with dreadful defending from a set piece causing both goals.

I do admire the optimism of some posters on her, " 7 points from our next 3 games". That would mean 2 wins and a draw. We have only managed 4 wins from 29 games this season, so I am not hopeful, more realistic
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:27 pm

Is "The boss" capable of going for it against nine men for a full half,I have my doubts
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:24 pm

Played the 2nd half against 9 men and scored with just about last kick of the ball for a much needed in

Fair play, I hold my hands up a win is a win, just need to get a rub of the green like today
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:47 pm

What a farcical game!

Thanks very much to the two numpties, Foster and Swanson. First half was a bit meh, not much happened, but we were the better team, despite never really looking likely to score. Second half, of course, was all Accies. Hats off to the nine men for parking the bus so effectively, and two outstanding saves by their keeper - from Devlin and Crawford - before we finally got the goal. Never mind how we got there: it's a valuable three points.

Now we're off the bottom and in the mix for the run-in. If we can beat Motherwell we're in the ascendant, and a good bet to stay up.

Come on, Accies!
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:38 pm

Mental second half due to the red cards.

2 things here - we played well and were clearly well in the game on the half time whistle; and we got 3 points that means the bottom 5 are separated by 5 points with 8 games to go.

Looked far better now we have more players to pick from, although creating chances is still an issue - as is the constant knicker wetting from sections of the 'support'.

Again, there is no doubt that the moaners would have managed to post by now had we been beaten :D , cos its all about them and their agenda.

McMann had another good game even before the madness and I am not sure Bingham out wide works that well.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:48 pm

Despite really not needing the extra stress, I went along. Worth it for the half time tannoy alone!

Imrie really is a desperate footballer now. So one footed it's a bad joke - on us! How on earth did he last the 90?

Agree we were good in first half but they defended really impressively and then of course the second half came and their nine were immense. Not a good position for us, having so much of the ball. With the scores looking very bad on about 55 minutes, all of a sudden it turns into a brilliant day. Would take a draw midweek though and the aforementioned 7 points out of 9.

Murray Davidson should have seen yellow for that desperate attempt to win a penalty. My heart was in my mouth but ref saw through it.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:56 pm

Blood pressure just about normal again, following that second half. I thought we'd eventually get one but then again I thought we'd never score. The relief from every Accie, players and fans alike was tangible and great to see it meant so much to the players.
Scott McMann was excellent today, another making the step up from the development squad who looks capable of becoming a regular.
Euan
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:59 pm

Euan wrote:Blood pressure just about normal again, following that second half. I thought we'd eventually get one but then again I thought we'd never score. The relief from every Accie, players and fans alike was tangible and great to see it meant so much to the players.
Scott McMann was excellent today, another making the step up from the development squad who looks capable of becoming a regular.

And yet we have spent the majority of the season with 'no full backs' at the club according to many. The same way we needed midfielders when Gregg was coming thro but was overlooked in a similar fashion. Easiest thing in the world is to go with experienced players.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:13 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Euan wrote:Blood pressure just about normal again, following that second half. I thought we'd eventually get one but then again I thought we'd never score. The relief from every Accie, players and fans alike was tangible and great to see it meant so much to the players.

And yet we have spent the majority of the season with 'no full backs' at the club according to many. The same way we needed midfielders when Gregg was coming thro but was overlooked in a similar fashion. Easiest thing in the world is to go with experienced players.

It's Greg mate, one "g".

Devlin my MOTM and the official one but McMann was very good too.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:33 pm

Looks like I missed a fun day by the sounds of it plus another home game I've missed we've won. Well done accies
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:10 pm

That's fecking (sorry, Admin) better! I genuinely thought we were better vs 11 men, and this narrow front three can work a treat. Ali and Greg playing in the half-spaces and high pushing full-backs. We can do this if we believe. Let's get behind them on Wednesday!
accies1874
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives