Hearts .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Hearts .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby accies1874 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:04 pm

From RedAndWhite to Bomber, that cannot be accepted. An absolute disgrace.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:08 pm

accies1874 wrote:From RedAndWhite to Bomber, that cannot be accepted. An absolute disgrace.

Don't think anyone will argue much with that. The absence of Devlin and the inclusion of Redmond and Brophy had me prepared for the worst.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:08 pm

Agreed. I've totally lost the the love for my club. Les Gray, Ronnie MacDonald, Dave Mackinnon, Alan Mainland and Colin McGowan do the right thing tonight and SACK Martin Canning.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:21 pm

I'd love to see Neil come back but being realistic, what about Steven Aitken? The Bonnyrigg result aside, he's performing minor miracles there after doing well with Stranraer. Canning has to go this week surely or another thrashing awaits next week.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:25 pm

Canning will not be sacked nor will he walk. he is destroying what reputation as a manager he ever had

I was just on the Clyde phone in discussing Canning. Hugh Keevins had suggested what if Alex Neil came in to help Martin. Now much as I want him out I think if this were ever to happen, this would totally undermine Martin and I would not like to see that happen. Alex would not do that to Martin either
smc4761
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:27 pm

Guy just texted Clyde phone in saying that Canning has done the impossible and managed to unite the Accies fans. WE all want him out, well apart from a few
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:59 pm

If I was canning I'd make the most of this managerial position and gamble in his next 10 matches as he'll struggle to get a job if he does get bumped.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:04 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:If I was canning I'd make the most of this managerial position and gamble in his next 10 matches as he'll struggle to get a job if he does get bumped.

Canning is finished in football after accies imo. I understand is reasons for not resigning. He's like any other working man with bills to pay so I blame this mess on Les Gray and we all know from the forum his views
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby WAC » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:51 pm

lol hope the 250 fans enjoyed another episode of the clownzo circus act .roll on next week for another comical show .
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:21 pm

WAC wrote:lol hope the 250 fans enjoyed another episode of the clownzo circus act .roll on next week for another comical show .

Some folk actually defended that at the end of the game :lol:
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Scott18 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:29 pm

72 mins - first shot on target

that's all

Shambles!!!!!
Scott18
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:57 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:I'd love to see Neil come back but being realistic, what about Steven Aitken? The Bonnyrigg result aside, he's performing minor miracles there after doing well with Stranraer. Canning has to go this week surely or another thrashing awaits next week.

Get Sir Alex in till the end of the season and then we could consider the likes of Stevie Aitken for next season.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:51 am

The only positive from yesterday was young Tierney making his debut. The kid showed up well on his short time on the park. I'm afraid the time is up for Martin now as yesterday was truly abysmal.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:04 am

Much as we all know he's been well out of his depth for some time now, the fact remains it just will not happen. Going back to the forum, we heard Les say even if we were relegated he would view it as the board's fault, not the manager. No amount of 'protests', phone-in calls or chants will change that.

It absolutely stinks, but how do you change the board's mind about the manager when sacking him would mean an admission of their own failings? I'm not sure it can be done. Looks to me like all we can do is watch it happen, which is as bad a football experience as you can have.

Our model is certainly the right one to follow from a player development side of things, but in terms of promoting staff from within to be manager, it's completely hit and miss. We've already seen the two extremes of that in our first two appointments under the strategy.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:05 pm

What's the point in playing a back 5 when none of them can defend? What's the point in playing two strikers when neither can really do anything? We are just getting worse and worse as the season goes on. We've had one good performance since the turn of the year - against the worst team in the league!
I gave him a fresh start at the beginning of the season but he has totally ruined it. The players aren't playing for him which is bad enough given their mediocrity.
I'd like to know people's defence of him. He kept us up? Is that it?
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Davidson1874 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:32 pm

I find it difficult to believe that there are people who still believe Canning is a competent football manager, we have went backwards under his tenure.

Yes we survived last year, but I don't think we are a better team.

Some of the contracts handed out have been crazy, Longridge is so good he was surplus to requirements during last years relegation battle then he is handed a 2 year deal? Redmond hasn't kicked a ball - 2 year deal. Donatti - 2 year deal. Richard Roy trained with us most of the summer and no one noticed he wasn't actually a footballer?? Bingham given a 2 year deal. D'acol was the focus of our striking recruitment last year despite his poor goal return. These are perhaps decisions taken by the board and possibly not Canning responsibility.

However he must be in charge of tactics, formations, training drills, motivation and this is what is letting us down. Without Diaz there is no dig in the team, no one to make that crunching tackle that fires others around them up and perhaps drags other teams into a scrap if they are indeed better teams than us.

The ethos of bringing through our own managers is complete bullshit and is an argument put forward to suit the circumstances, since the current regime have been in charge they got rid of Hillcoat and replaced with Maitland who was recruited from outwith and and in turn recruited Reid from outwith the club, no one could have dreamed of how good Neil's appointment turned out to be.

To then appoint Canning was a cheap and easy decision, to then not admit a mistake is an act of pure defiance and stupidity.

If anyone wants my season ticket for the remainder of the season (Cannings time in charge) I will hand it over. I'm sick of watching his team.
Davidson1874
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:47 pm

Only problem in Davidson1874 post is that is merits a new thread on its own and not 'lost' within the Hearts result thread.

Otherwise it sums just about everything up in an accurate picture of the current situation. Please consider copy & paste this to a separate new thread for comments there?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby WAC » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:30 am

Davidson1874 wrote:I find it difficult to believe that there are people who still believe Canning is a competent football manager, we have went backwards under his tenure.

Some of the contracts handed out have been crazy, Longridge is so good he was surplus to requirements during last years relegation battle then he is handed a 2 year deal? Redmond hasn't kicked a ball - 2 year deal. Donatti - 2 year deal. Richard Roy trained with us most of the summer and no one noticed he wasn't actually a footballer?? Bingham given a 2 year deal. D'acol was the focus of our striking recruitment last year despite his poor goal return. These are perhaps decisions taken by the board and possibly not Canning responsibility.

However he must be in charge of tactics, formations, training drills, motivation and this is what is letting us down. Without Diaz there is no dig in the team, no one to make that crunching tackle that fires others around them up and perhaps drags other teams into a scrap if they are indeed better teams than us.

The ethos of bringing through our own managers is complete bullshit and is an argument put forward to suit the circumstances, since the current regime have been in charge they got rid of Hillcoat and replaced with Maitland who was recruited from outwith and and in turn recruited Reid from outwith the club, no one could have dreamed of how good Neil's appointment turned out to be.

To then appoint Canning was a cheap and easy decision, to then not admit a mistake is an act of pure defiance and stupidity.

If anyone wants my season ticket for the remainder of the season (Cannings time in charge) I will hand it over. I'm sick of watching his team.

I might take it I'd quite like to go to the smack a dome and make my feelings known to the board . Didn't bother buying a ST this year to fund a biomass boiler
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:50 am

You didn't buy a season ticket (at £150) yet you're demanding meetings with the board and leading protests...ironic
Euan
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:08 pm

Davidson1874 wrote:I find it difficult to believe that there are people who still believe Canning is a competent football manager, we have went backwards under his tenure.

I'd take your season ticket mate, I make my mrs suffer us weekly, would certainly save me some money :) haha

Another terrible display. Charged £24 when ADVERTISED as £18! Absolutely disgusting, nearly as bad as the activity on the pitch.
Brophy, what was the point of him ? Rakish chasing hopeless passes.

Further to Canning's lunacy, taking off strikers for midfielders..again. That's the tactic i'd pursue when 2 goals down. fuckme.
judgeflash
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives