Rangers .V. Accies - Scottish Cup Match Thread

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Rangers .V. Accies - Scottish Cup Match Thread

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Bearing in mind the 2nd goal came as a result of garner winning a cheap free kick going down like a drama queen rolling about holding his head and surprise surprise as soon as the bottler bought it he was straight up sprinting down the line to pick up the ball to win the corner.

I would say the refs are corrupt as it's easier to look away from a game changing decision when there's 500 hundred away fans as opposed to 20/30000 home fans. Been happening for 40 years that I know of to know I'm not being paranoid.

Even today when I was talking to mates about it they were saying but it was 6-0, I think they're that thick they didn't get foderingham getting sent off at 0-0 with a Crawford free kick from 18 yards to come.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Euan » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:58 pm

I was talking to a Celtic fan today, who'd watched the first half before going to play golf, who thought we'd played well against them recently and in the first half he'd seen yesterday. He couldn't believe from what he'd seen that we lost 6-0.

There were mitigating factors, Sarris and Adams being replaced due to injuries, shocking refereeing and the heads going down. It's not realistic to solely blame the manager for the scale of defeat although he along with the players must accept some criticism.
We need to get behind them for the run in, starting with Hearts and I genuinely believe we'll take something from Ibrox in two weeks as they'll be determined to make amends.
Euan
Premiership

Postby gummybum » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:47 pm

Have just read match reports on accies website. Both Canning and Imrie claim that defending set pieces and crosses into the box has not been a problem for accies this season. So just what other team have they been watching this year?? The defending of crosses and set pieces has been woeful in a lot more games than just this one.
gummybum
Pub League

Postby Bluesy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:05 pm

I think we'll catch them in 2 weeks and every chance against Hearts
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:39 pm

The goals conceeded from set pieces/corners/crosses in the past 2 years has been off the scale. Very rarely are we beaten with great build up play leading to goals.
We started so positively, I thought we might sneak a goal. The refereeing is a shambles, the SFA do not give a shit however, as it's just a wee team from Hamilton, who could've maybe stopped a potential money match in the old firm. I hope Canning puts in an official complaint against the officials though, as that was two major incidents that should've resulted in us being 1 man up after 15 minutes.
The two injuries were unfortunate and changed our shape. Zero excusing some of those goals, I along with many left not long after the third.
Gramoz was a waste on that wing, why not play Longridge? Who at least DARES to run forward, instead of backing into opponents like a fucked volkswagen.

At least it was only the cup, not the league.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby accies123 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:55 pm

Why not Longridge? Because he has a broken foot.
Anyway gramoz has been a waste of time since he signed. It always seems that something is going to happen when he has the ball but it never does.
We can blame the referee and it would have probably changed the game but at the end of the day we still conceded 6
accies123
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:58 pm

accies123 wrote:Why not Longridge? Because he has a broken foot.
Anyway gramoz has been a waste of time since he signed. It always seems that something is going to happen when he has the ball but it never does.
We can blame the referee and it would have probably changed the game but at the end of the day we still conceded 6

Wasn't aware. Docherty could have played that role to better affect. Of course. The referee howlers could have certainly changed the match, however, no denying how pathetic some of the defending was. The amount of stray passes was abysmal in the second half. The only positives were, the ball on the deck getting played with pace, it left Rangers guessing and was how we were so effective on our first seasonback up with A.N.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:01 am

Being a bit of a masochist, I skimmed through the match again. Garner only missed nine minutes of actual play, while technically correct to say he was off for twelve minutes, three of those were while Adams was being treated. Stray passes? Biggest culprit during those nine minutes was Donati. Still think Kurtaj did well. Linked up play well, he's not pacy so he did what he's capable of well enough. Cracking block from Kiernan on his shot. Fell away second half but who didn't? Has there ever been a worse free kick than Crawford's at 0-2?

Did anyone notice the tweet from the U17 match? Aberdeen keeper sent off after two minutes for handling outside his area. Identical situation. And we still managed to lose!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives