Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Aberdeen - Match Thread

Postby Admin » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:00 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Aberdeen - Match Thread

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:40 pm

Hopefully, able to draw on the positive vibe last time Aberdeen visited NDP...SuperSeal.

Sarris and Crawford coming back would be helpful.

At the moment, without D'Acol, we don't have a one up front style forward.

Bingham and Brophy ain't those guys!!

A draw would be a great result and, if there's a better time to play Rangers and Hearts away, the next couple of weeks is that time.

Fingers crossed, 1-1.
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:06 am

I think we could sneak it as not sure Aberdeen like the playing surface.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:19 pm

I suppose he's got to say something but I don't agree with Canning re: Sarris coming back tonight. He was as slow as a week in the jail when he was fully fit, never mind him coming back from an injury not match-fit. Aberdeen's forwards will have a field day if he starts. And he'll get booked in the first half no doubt. I can see Crawford coming off the bench, but again surely won't start. I'd like to see us back to the 4 in defence, will it happen? Probably not.

My team would be;

Woods
Skondras Devlin Donati :oops: Adams
Gillespie
Redmond McKinnon Docherty Imrie
Bingham

That would leave us 3 from Crawford, Brophy, Boyd, Sarris to come on if necessary
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:27 pm

TheThirdProclaimer wrote:I suppose he's got to say something but I don't agree with Canning re: Sarris coming back tonight. He was as slow as a week in the jail when he was fully fit, never mind him coming back from an injury not match-fit. Aberdeen's forwards will have a field day if he starts. And he'll get booked in the first half no doubt. I can see Crawford coming off the bench, but again surely won't start. I'd like to see us back to the 4 in defence, will it happen? Probably not.

My team would be;

Woods
Gillespie
Bingham

That would leave us 3 from Crawford, Brophy, Boyd, Sarris to come on if necessary

Would go along with that but Crawford must come off the bench for at leat half an hour if fit
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:30 pm

Bluesy wrote:
TheThirdProclaimer wrote:I suppose he's got to say something but I don't agree with Canning re: Sarris coming back tonight. He was as slow as a week in the jail when he was fully fit, never mind him coming back from an injury not match-fit. Aberdeen's forwards will have a field day if he starts. And he'll get booked in the first half no doubt. I can see Crawford coming off the bench, but again surely won't start. I'd like to see us back to the 4 in defence, will it happen? Probably not.

My team would be;

Woods
Gillespie
Bingham

Would go along with that but Crawford must come off the bench for at leat half an hour if fit

I'd drop Imrie, he's been poor ALL season. Donati I'd drop, if not for the lack of competency at the back, of which he's one of the best of a bad bunch.
Woods
Skondras Devlin Sarris Adams
Donati Mackinnon
Redmond Docherty Longridge
Bingham.

We will be there, Aberdeen don't enjoy this surface or small pitch. We REALLY need a performance.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:47 pm

Matthews
mcmann, devlin, Gogic, Sarris, adams
Daz, Gills, redmond
boyd, Bingham.
subs: Donati, brophy, skondras, imrie, couple a wee guys and woods.

Not even going to predict a score as God knows what team Clownzo will pull out the selection bingo hat tonight but wouldn't be surprised if my selection is close.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:52 pm

judgeflash wrote:
Bluesy wrote:

My team would be;

Woods
Gillespie
Bingham

I'd drop Imrie, he's been poor ALL season. Donati I'd drop, if not for the lack of competency at the back, of which he's one of the best of a bad bunch.
Woods
Skondras Devlin Sarris Adams
Donati Mackinnon
Redmond Docherty Longridge
Bingham.

We will be there, Aberdeen don't enjoy this surface or small pitch. We REALLY need a performance.

I would drop Imrie and Donati if I could, but like you say there's pretty much nobody left to take their place. Bad as he is, Donati's better than Seaborne and McMann at CB, and Watson's nowhere near it yet. Longridge is still out for weeks yet, and it probably says something when I forgot to include Kurtaj anywhere.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Kurtaj really is Mr Anonymous this season. I forgot about him recently too when listing the injured players. Had a good game in the 3-3 with Hearts and that's about it. Longridge is still weeks away and Gogic played yesterday afternoon at Inverness and scored in a 3-0 win, so doubt he'll feature.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:17 pm

The 5-3-2 worked a treat the last time against them at NDP, but was horrifically bad at Pittodrie, though Longridge at RWB probably had a part in that. If we can get the midfielders to be as combatant as that game, as well as driving us forward as a unit, then we'll be giving ourselves a much better chance.
We need the strikers to turn the defenders and the wing-backs to drive forward, too - this game is made for Adams. Sadly, Donati probably should play due to the lack of options, and we're gonna be struggling in the wing-back roles; Skondras still looks unfit and Imrie's been poor all season.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:34 pm

thought Skondras did a great job against Tierney on Saturday
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:34 pm

First thought on seeing the team is...
Would the bench beat the starting 11? Probably.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:38 pm

A seasons worth of luck used up in that first half?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Jacobsladder » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:42 pm

I was not expecting that but up to 9th place
Well done guys
Jacobsladder
Pub League

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:43 pm

Superb 3pts.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Euan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:44 pm

Well done Martin Canning, subs exactly as I called them, so must be right, and well done Mickey Devlin and rest of the team on some heroic defending.
Terrible game but takes us up to 9th

Good practice for ibrox, but I'd take that win tonight over a cup win any day although both would be nice.

Accies to stay up...Motherwell going down
Euan
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:58 pm

How much did tonights superb efforts take out of the team, which makes me worry for Saturday at Ibrox. Look what happened after our Dunfermline win

Dont get me wrong Rangers are pretty rank but they will be like a wounded animal all the criticism, it will be a full house, possible new director of football coming in before the game.

And a possible new manager, Alex Neil. Cant see it myself but I think Rangers fans will be looking for a "name" or a Rangers Man or probably both

Oh and well done guys a superb result. Are we Aberdeens bogey team?
smc4761
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:01 pm

Terrible performance, terrible selection and terrible tactics. Cracking result and cracking work rate.

Don't think I have seen a more fortunate 3 points for Accies ever. I still think 5 at the back is not the answer, 3 in the middle leaves us chasing shadows and we don't have 2 strikers so why we go 352 is beyond me.

Devlin can chase any shirts from opponents if he puts in performances like that. Kurtaj and Redmond were shocking with Bingham and Imrie not far behind.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:04 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Terrible performance, terrible selection and terrible tactics. Cracking result and cracking work rate.

Don't think I have seen a more fortunate 3 points for Accies ever. I still think 5 at the back is not the answer, 3 in the middle leaves us chasing shadows and we don't have 2 strikers so why we go 352 is beyond me.

Devlin can chase any shirts from opponents if he puts in performances like that. Kurtaj and Redmond were shocking with Bingham and Imrie not far behind.

Doom and gloomer ;)
That was absolutely incredible. There weren't many things good about us other than Woods (despite some flapping), Devlin and McMann. However I'd take playing like that for the rest of the season if it meant staying up.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:09 pm

If we dominate a game, but can't hold onto a lead, that seems to mean Canning needs sacking, and we're certain to be relegated.

So it must follow if we win when we've been under the cosh, and move up three places, Canning must be a decent manager after all, and we're sure to stay up.

No?
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives