Thistle vs Accies - Match Thread

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Thistle vs Accies - Match Thread

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:
Gaspode wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:A lop sided 4132 for me with Dougie left midfield but no clear right midfielder. A mental set up albeit one I have seen BR and AN apply. Former fans favoutites Brophy and Redmond continue to make clear why they have been absent for so many games in their careers. Recent victories over our close rivals concluded nothing and this game is the same.

Couldnt agree less about Redmond, we lost all creativity when he went off.

The sense of entitlement from a section of our fan base means that every defeat means that the manager should be sacked and it seemingly justifies some of the most vile abuse that I've had the misfortune to experience - away games are becoming harder and harder to stomach and that's only partly due to the low level of performance on the park.

Absolutely spot on.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:40 am

Diabolical.

Playing like a team that would struggle in the championship.
Only so many times Canning can be defended, his tactics absolutely ruined any chance of a comeback. His post match interview, beyond words. He admits, he forced them to make changes..yet his changes were detrimental!
Takes Brophy off..to then send Dougie up front?! I mean...c'mon to fuck. You've got rapid toes Boyd on the bench, he's worth more of a shot up front!!

Devlin started promising in aerial battles, quickly descended into not being aware of runs.
Brophy continues to be a waste of jersey, outwith one sneaky goal, he contributes nothing but grass stains to a shirt, by falling on his arse so much.
Whilst Bingham/D'acol take a lot of heat at times, the service they get is piss poor.
Mackinnon continually proves he's the best player we have on the pitch currently. He seems to be the only one that wants to take the ball and run at the opposition.
Skondras looked to be huffing and puffing after 10 minutes, a lot of crosses and attacks came from his side.
WHY WASNT BLAIR A START?
Dougie needs dropped, desperately. My favourite player last season, quickly became the villain, age has seemingly caught up with him, where's the legs?!

Upsides? Watson looked decent. The pies at half time weren't sold out.

Finding the dark shadow of relegation is going to snare us. The players have the ability to be a mid table side, however, we have shipped goals from set pieces/corners for 2 years now, alongside poor tactics, we may be off to dumfries next season.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:50 am

Just watched the highlights on youtube...fuck me that's some terrible defending.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:The sense of entitlement from a section of our fan base means that every defeat means that the manager should be sacked and it seemingly justifies some of the most vile abuse that I've had the misfortune to experience - away games are becoming harder and harder to stomach and that's only partly due to the low level of performance on the park.

Have to agree with this, the rise of the smoke bombs and wee guys looking for a 'fight' added to the abuse towards the manager puts me right off away games. I still go, but what's supposed to be a good day out is getting worse every week, and not just because we're garbage.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:13 pm

TheThirdProclaimer wrote:
Yummy Fur wrote:The sense of entitlement from a section of our fan base means that every defeat means that the manager should be sacked and it seemingly justifies some of the most vile abuse that I've had the misfortune to experience - away games are becoming harder and harder to stomach and that's only partly due to the low level of performance on the park.

Have to agree with this, the rise of the smoke bombs and wee guys looking for a 'fight' added to the abuse towards the manager puts me right off away games. I still go, but what's supposed to be a good day out is getting worse every week, and not just because we're garbage.

Can someone please explain to me what is classed as "vile abuse" Games I travel to away from home all I've heard I'd the usual F**k off Canning or Canning yer a clown but wouldn't class that vile. What is this vile abuse that's been mentioned on here several times now.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
TheThirdProclaimer wrote:

Can someone please explain to me what is classed as "vile abuse" Games I travel to away from home all I've heard I'd the usual F**k off Canning or Canning yer a clown but wouldn't class that vile. What is this vile abuse that's been mentioned on here several times now.

Aye right! I would class vile abuse as someone screaming expletives at the manager and board while standing just feet away from a family containing two young children under 10yrs old. I'm no shrinking violet when it comes to industrial language, but that is completely unacceptable.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:46 pm

So it's gone from vile abuse to just expletives now? I can't say I've heard anything this season that would be out of order.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:49 pm

accies1874 wrote:So it's gone from vile abuse to just expletives now? I can't say I've heard anything this season that would be out of order.

Really? Then your either deaf or a liar.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:57 pm

Gaspode wrote:
accies1874 wrote:So it's gone from vile abuse to just expletives now? I can't say I've heard anything this season that would be out of order.

You're*
Plus there's obviously the usual (and sometimes) unneeded "Canning, get to fuck" chants, but I don't recall any "vile abuse". I'm not going with kids, though, so perhaps we're seeing it in a different light.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:02 pm

accies1874 wrote:
Gaspode wrote:

You're*
Plus there's obviously the usual (and sometimes) unneeded "Canning, get to fuck" chants, but I don't recall any "vile abuse". I'm not going with kids, though, so perhaps we're seeing it in a different light.

Regardless of whether you are there with kids or not, do you think it's acceptable to behave in the manner i described in such close proximity to a young family?
Gaspode
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:14 pm

You've not described any behaviour :lol: What "vile abuse"? Shouting "expletives" at a manager isn't unacceptable, in my opinion.
Also, for a family, what's the difference between hearing abuse shouted at a referee or an opposition player and hearing it aimed at the board or Canning? I've heard abuse shouted at refs in our last two matches from areas of the stand out with the people that folk on here are talking about. Same with Jordan Jones in a couple of our games against Killie, too. You never hear about that, though, because our fans are so split that it is clearly a "them against us" mentality - from both sections might I add.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:27 pm

So all it really is that bad boys are swearing at the football but it's not vile? It's getting unreal now. I mean swearing at the football ffs. When did that trend take off?
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:55 pm

I agree with WAH in saying that I have never heard anything but support for the team from the stands :?

I have never heard anything vile from our 'support' away from home it's all good and positive :oops:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:35 am

As i said, I have no problem with people swearing at the game. Where I do have a problem is when it goes too far and it is almost right next to young kids. I guess it's just my sense of common decency that is wrong.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:05 am

Is this the same 'bad boys' that greet like weans when a player challenges their verbal attacks?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:28 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:I agree with WAH in saying that I have never heard anything but support for the team from the stands :?

I have never heard anything vile from our 'support' away from home it's all good and positive :oops:

I don't think anyone's under any illusions that the support is good and positive. It'a certainly critical to say the least.

redandwhite1874 wrote:Is this the same 'bad boys' that greet like weans when a player challenges their verbal attacks?

I didn't see anyone crying. All I saw was bemusement that someone who's been terrible all season had a go at someone who called him out for it.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:59 am

Gaspode wrote:As i said, I have no problem with people swearing at the game. Where I do have a problem is when it goes too far and it is almost right next to young kids. I guess it's just my sense of common decency that is wrong.

I get what your saying but if you've a problem with someone swearing at the football in front of your 10 year old your at the wrong place. Singing kettle thinks best place for you to go. You can't just have a go at just a few swearing just because your fed up with certain fans swearing at the manager. Where you at the game with your 10 year old when Ali extended the middle finger at Dens? or last season when Devlin turned round to the accies fans and roared F**k off? What's the difference? none swearing had been part of the game for years and always will.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:27 am

Good God, man......this is 2017 not 1960!

I have a 10 yr old son and regularly get treated to all sorts of language, especially at away games.

For you to basically say, that's the way it is and go to the singing kettle is nothing short of Neanderthal!!

My son (and I) love watching Accies, home and away, but I do feel that sometimes the language goes over the score from the fans.

You need to try and be mindful of the younger fans in the crowd.

That's just common decency not anything earth shattering.

One thing you are correct about is this type of behaviour won't be eradicated anytime soon but, good God, it doesn't make it right....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives