Thistle vs Accies - Match Thread

Old match day threads will be moved here

Thistle vs Accies - Match Thread

Postby accies1874 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:03 pm

Let the anger commence. How fucking bad was that?
accies1874
Premiership

Re: Thistle vs Accies - Match Thread

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:14 pm

Dreadful from start to finish.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:01 pm

Shocking display , 5 at the back yet we concede from two cross balls in to the box , only Daz showed any fight , we went there today will the sole purpose to get a 0 - 0 but were not good enough , the thing is we have a manager who can not organise or motivate players , he is not judged on results and could lose every game from now till end of the season and still get a pat on the back . We are crying out for someone to come in and lift the squad yet we are stuck with damp squid negative Canning . Why is he negative as his job is the safest in the uk .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:12 pm

Wasn't there. Canning out
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:24 pm

How many goals from crosses have we conceded this season? Can he not address this? Why is Imrie still starting? What a turnaround from MacKinnon - him and maybe Woods are the only ones I feel for.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:27 pm

A lop sided 4132 for me with Dougie left midfield but no clear right midfielder. A mental set up albeit one I have seen BR and AN apply. Former fans favoutites Brophy and Redmond continue to make clear why they have been absent for so many games in their careers. Recent victories over our close rivals concluded nothing and this game is the same.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:31 pm

Wasn't there but on Pie and Bovril even a couple of thistle fans are saying we had no heart, Daz apart. Worrying. Not sure why Adams isn't starting and not sure why we are persisting with 5 at the back, albeit two wingbacks. Mitigating factor being all the injuries certainly but we had to at least come away from that with a point especially with Inverness gaining. I'd take a point from the next four then we have nine huge games and the top four are finally out of the way. We should have Crawford, Docherty and Sarris back by then. It will no doubt get worse before it gets better, if it ever does, but there is still hope. If we finish bottom and they keep Canning, then there is no hope!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:37 pm

What about Imrie having a go at some fans? Fair enough if it was someone like MacKinnon, but Imrie has no right to talk back given his embarrassing season.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:40 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:It will no doubt get worse before it gets better, if it ever does, but there is still hope. If we finish bottom and they keep Canning, then there is no hope!

Les Gray has stated Canning will be in charge next season if we do go down , so nothing will change tactics or motivational wise .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yummy Fur » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:46 pm

The Bajan Bandit wrote:
Stevie Clarke wrote:It will no doubt get worse before it gets better, if it ever does, but there is still hope. If we finish bottom and they keep Canning, then there is no hope!

Les Gray has stated Canning will be in charge next season if we do go down , so nothing will change tactics or motivational wise .

Didn't happen.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:50 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:
The Bajan Bandit wrote:

Didn't happen.

To be fair to some Accies fans they were ahead of the curve with alt and fake news.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:03 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:A lop sided 4132 for me with Dougie left midfield but no clear right midfielder. A mental set up albeit one I have seen BR and AN apply. Former fans favoutites Brophy and Redmond continue to make clear why they have been absent for so many games in their careers. Recent victories over our close rivals concluded nothing and this game is the same.

Couldnt agree less about Redmond, we lost all creativity when he went off.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:07 pm

Perhaps but I think his lack of presence and fight way out does anything creative. Too often he tries to be more creative than he can produce. Ali is a massive loss and Danny hasn't taken his chance for me
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Gaspode wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:A lop sided 4132 for me with Dougie left midfield but no clear right midfielder. A mental set up albeit one I have seen BR and AN apply. Former fans favoutites Brophy and Redmond continue to make clear why they have been absent for so many games in their careers. Recent victories over our close rivals concluded nothing and this game is the same.

Couldnt agree less about Redmond, we lost all creativity when he went off.

I actually thought that Redmond and Brophy were 2 of our better players today and we were far worse when both went off. McKinnon tried like a bear all game as did Devlin who threw himself into header after header although maybe could of been at fault at one or both of the goals. Aside from that no real plus marks.

Remain puzzled at what Donati brings to our team, doesn't press, doesn't tackle, doesn't take any responsibility but he has played at a high level so is immune from criticism.

The sense of entitlement from a section of our fan base means that every defeat means that the manager should be sacked and it seemingly justifies some of the most vile abuse that I've had the misfortune to experience - away games are becoming harder and harder to stomach and that's only partly due to the low level of performance on the park.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:45 pm

I would hardly call it a sense of entitlement. Fans are quite clearly fed up with a 2-year spell that, despite bringing 2 seasons of survival, has also brought humblings such as 4-1 to Annan, 5-0 to Partick Thistle and 8-1 to Celtic. In my opinion, today was almost as bad as them.
We barely had a look-in all game, and there are players who've done next to nothing all season constantly starting without merit. Why Imrie's getting a game ahead of Adams I'll never know.
Sometimes the criticism can go too far, but we all watch the same game and we can all see that performances like today deserve nothing less than what they got at the end. I really am fed up with going to the game and seeing them laze around. Canning also needs to take blame for how many goals we lose from crosses; playing a 5-3-2 allows for teams to double up on our wing-backs far too easily.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:47 pm

Thistle bring on two subs who changed the game:Doolan and Erskine v Kurtaj and Gillespie=no contest.

I felt we ran out of "gas" second half with a lopsided midfield outfought,outscored and outplayed-bar McKinnon who was a one man midfield.

Again,we lose goals from cross balls;no point in a 5 man defence if we lose every aerial challenge.

Brophy proving again why he is at best an impact sub in physical games,while Redmond has also had plenty games recently and justified the tag of a poor man's Ali Crawford.
I thought he started two many players today who had played midweek.The likes of Blair Adams should have started.Play a slightly weaker starting 11 and then bring on players like Donati,Brophy,Imrie for the last 30 minutes would have been my call.

As it is,we now face our toughest spell of the season with half a team.We will need to pull 3-4 points from this spell of games or it will be all over as we will find ourselves 7-8 points adrift with too much to do once we play the last 10 games v teams around us.

A big,big loss today.If the likes of Crawford and Docherty are nearing fitness then play them next Saturday and give them 60-70 minutes.

All those draws first half of the season are now costing us;we could have been 10-12 points better off and could have buckled down this spell.Now,we need to pull points out of nowhere with half a team missing.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby WAC » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:06 am

I'm sorry but no defending that today . Am I the only person who noticed the striker for a full back sub ??? Or gils coming on the change the game ? Fucking rank rotten. And know something I'm no even going slate clownzo because even if we sacked him today we would still be down . Worse accies team than billy reids .
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:49 am

Some posters getting animated about Adams and his non selection. Is it possible, indeed very likely, that he is not fully fit?

Or are such things not even considered if it rules out kicking the manager ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:09 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:Some posters getting animated about Adams and his non selection. Is it possible, indeed very likely, that he is not fully fit?

I question the fitness of some of the players who start most weeks
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:32 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:Some posters getting animated about Adams and his non selection. Is it possible, indeed very likely, that he is not fully fit?

Looked fit enough to me against Killie. Played rather well too. Adams would surely have been fresh after sitting out midweek. Why play Donati, who had 120 minutes in his legs midweek, when he rarely finishes a 90 minutes in the league? Maybe we were down to the bare bones with Gillespie probably not 100% though this may have been an occasion to give young Hughes a go or Cunningham or Boyd.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives