The Pars V Accies ( scottish cup )

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: The Pars V Accies ( scottish cup )

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:08 pm

Garbage 1st half but highlight is a pished redandwhite1874. Cheers ta.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:04 pm

.... and yet another draw. Looking at the game stats we seems to have done well, plenty of attempts on goal and a good few on target

Heres hoping for a home win with replay, and wee bit of luck with the cup draw tomorrow
smc4761
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:Garbage 1st half but highlight is a pished redandwhite1874. Cheers ta.

It was good to see you before you shat it and sulked away to yir pals. :o
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:15 pm

Poor performance and yet again the conclusion is that 3 back and 2 up doesn't work. Gills failed to live up to his midfield billing and Brophy and Redmond again fail to live up to some fans expectations.

Still in the cup bur only just. I can't make Tuesday so I am calling it a #boycott ;)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:16 pm

Not the best, but we'll take it to the replay and see where it goes from there. Gotta ditch the 5 at the back, as it hasn't been working.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:20 pm

How did Skondras do? Was Gillespie hooked because he was rotten?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:58 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:Garbage 1st half but highlight is a pished redandwhite1874. Cheers ta.

Haha I was polite today letting you on the bus before me :D See I do like you haha.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:02 pm

Once again Donati pushed up and changed the game. should of won that in 2nd half but draw will do. What does brophy bring btw? he's was rotten infact he's a poor mans Andy Ryan and once again daz Mackinnon top class. another big cup crowd again well done all who made the effort.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby rubenthedog » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:48 pm

great away attendance.

mckinnon excellent again, if any player deserves to be made captain its him.

bingham was class,

whats happened to brophy, looks like hes lost his pace and was barely in the game.

liked the look of the new greek right back,

big thank to the eejets who let off the flares, scaring kids, causing an asthma attack on an elderly supporter......................................please boycot the rest of the season
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:12 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:

Haha I was polite today letting you on the bus before me :D See I do like you haha.

A true gent :)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:30 pm

rubenthedog wrote:liked the look of the new greek right back,

Funny how we all see a different game! I thought he looked well short of fitness, behind the pace the whole game.

Agree re: the support up the back. Noticed on twitter a few players mentioning the great backing - I assume they didn't hear the "team full of losers" chants before we scored. The "Canning, get to f**k" ones also seemed to stop as soon as we got the equaliser. Talk about fair weather fans.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:08 am

TheThirdProclaimer wrote:
rubenthedog wrote:liked the look of the new greek right back,

Funny how we all see a different game! I thought he looked well short of fitness, behind the pace the whole game.

Agree re: the support up the back. Noticed on twitter a few players mentioning the great backing - I assume they didn't hear the "team full of losers" chants before we scored. The "Canning, get to f**k" ones also seemed to stop as soon as we got the equaliser. Talk about fair weather fans.

I was up the back to the right of the pyrotechnics idiots with my kids and brother and never heard once the " team full of losers " chants. You just made that up. The Canning " GTF " from what I heard was sung now and again untill FT. Good to see the players noticing the backing they got for 90% of the game and not the 10% fans picking fault with the fans. Btw it seems the new Greek guy is my new motherwell neighbour lol.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:17 am

Unfortunately the vocal anti support was clear to hear between their goal and ours. Team full of losers was indeed a part of that repoirtoire.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:04 am

Bomber Harris wrote:
I was up the back to the right of the pyrotechnics idiots with my kids and brother and never heard once the " team full of losers " chants. You just made that up.

Made it up?! Wow. Could you tell me why I would make that up? That's bizarre, it was sung at least twice during the game. Whether you heard it or not is a different matter. It was sung.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:46 am

Wasn't made up. Team full of losers was getting sung although not for too long along with a few other choice canning chants etc.

5 at the back v an average championship team is bizarre. Decisions like that baffle fans.

We should be out if it wasn't for Matthews but we'll take it and see what happens on Tuesday
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Gaspode » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:57 am

Can't myself understand the criticism by some of Danny Redmond, i thought he was excellent today. Always looking to get on the ball and make something happen he's our only real creative midfielder with Crawford out.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:08 pm

Wondering why Matthews was preferred to Woods who has been in fine form. Different keeper for the cup or is Matthews just the number one choice? He'll be going back in the summer though while Woods is our player. If there's nothing to choose between them, I'd rather the man in possession of the shirt keeps it until he has a bad game. I can only recall one goalkeeping howler this season and that was Remi at Motherwell for their second goal.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:37 pm

I don't think there's any difference between the two. It was a bit strange that he dropped Woods for doing nothing wrong.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Now on to a mid week game we could have done without with another huge league game on Saturday. The 3 at the back stuff looks clear to not make the best of what we have so let's get Donati in the middle and persevere with Seaborne until the injury crisis clears a bit. We also don't have 2 strikers so let's ditch that plan as well.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby AlMac » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:39 pm

Gaspode wrote:Can't myself understand the criticism by some of Danny Redmond, i thought he was excellent today. Always looking to get on the ball and make something happen he's our only real creative midfielder with Crawford out.

I agree. I thought that Redmond, McKinnon, Bingham, Adams and Matthews all played well.
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives