Accies .V. The Well - 31.12.16

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. The Well - 31.12.16

Postby accies1874 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:33 pm

Awful. 10 men they had, but you wouldn't have known. We couldn't take our chances, and the defence was all over place allowing them back into it. What do they coach the players?
accies1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:46 pm

Was actually contemplating going to this on xmas day! £22 saved will not be back until, he is gone!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:11 pm

accies1874 wrote:Awful. 10 men they had, but you wouldn't have known. We couldn't take our chances, and the defence was all over place allowing them back into it. What do they coach the players?

I think you would have known. We weren't in the game until the man went off. We dominated the second half but passed up chance after chance. Players fault today not Canning. He made good subs. Devlin or Seaborne not picking up Moult. Just sickening. Two home games thrown away thanks to 93 minute goals and then all the others too.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:21 pm

This is well beyond a joke now. (excuse the pun). We play for three-quarters of the game against ten men, and still cannot beat them convincingly, far less defend with an extra man advantage?

Coaching methodology and motivation is conspiciuosly absent for what is almost TWO YEARS now. Signings have been haphazard, and generally poor, and it speaks volumes that Sowah has refused the offer of a new contract. Looks like he has more foresight than his manager.

The Board will look really weak to their counterparts in football if they fail to take the obvious action NOW. We are on a dangerous downward spiral, and clearly all the other teams know how to expose our weaknesses. Rhetoric about us only being a couple of points behind the pack are, I feel, masking the reality of our situation.

There are two types of people in business. Those who makes things happen, and those who let things happen. Make your own mind up where you see Accies going in 2017, where there has not been even a glimmer of hope in 2016.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Jimmy Liddle » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:42 pm

Where to start? We were never in the game until they had a man sent off in fact in my opinion if they had kept 11 on the park we would have been soundly beaten.

Christ we had one shot on target the whole first half Ali's free kick. Absolutely woeful.

Second half against the 10 men we showed more urgency and went 1 up. Sure we created more chances second half but surely that is what you would expect against a rank rotten Motherwell team with 10 men no? Then due to our complete lack of a killer instinct and the fact we can't defend for peanuts bang the equaliser.

2 wins in 21 games says it all to me coupled with yet another inept performance in a poor league we could easily stay up I'm afraid Canning must do the decent thing and resign. Surely even he has had enough now because this fan of 36 years has.
Jimmy Liddle
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:46 pm

Really bad result, a wee bit more luck and the ref spotting the foul at the end would have really helped us. Hardly any teams play 3 at the back and 2 up front and we cant live with this - many people on here seen 2 up as the solution; it isn't.

Even within the flawed set up; it produced enough chances to finish the game; as have a lot of the games we have drawn. I thought the changes were the right ones but the players just couldn't see it out. Redmond going off was a blessing and I really don't think we should see him again and Brophy just cannot seem to kick on or indeed stay on his feet or make the right decision. Sarris was shocking but Seaborne managed to be even worse and like Redmond plays like he is not that bothered (ironic that after years of moaning we don't sign conventional players that one of these very players is so bad).

On the up side, many folk were determined we were bottom last week. Even they can see now we are 11th; which using their flawed logic must equal progress!!??

Narrow margins and we still have plenty to fight for; but I think ICT and Killie will get backed a wee bit more in that fight.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:53 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:
accies1874 wrote:Awful. 10 men they had, but you wouldn't have known. We couldn't take our chances, and the defence was all over place allowing them back into it. What do they coach the players?

Players fault today not Canning. He made good subs.

Correct. Subs were fine and weren't negative (possibly could of given Bingham a run rather move Kurtaj up alongside D'Acol), however I suppose unsurprisingly the players were extremely nervous after losing leads so often before. Perhaps the services of a sports phycologist are required. In saying that today some experienced players were simply lacking any nous and were the architects of their own downfall.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:43 pm

It was the the last 20 minutes of the first half where the tactics were 3 at back against Moult , Donatti in front of them , then Gillespie following McDonald around , 20 minutes wasted , why be so afraid of them in that spell , that was when we should have been on top them .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:17 am

That was a complete kick in the stones!

We were very poor in first half but played much better in second half, scored a great wee goal, then proceeded to pass up chance after chance.

Our decision making in the last third is pathetic! Professional footballers, Jesus!!

How we contrived to lose two pts there is beyond me, how can you leave Moult in the six yard box?? Amateur night!

Seabourne is an absolute bombscare, Sarris was struggling and Devlin was better in second half breaking forward and using Longridge. It may have been a foul in the corner but sometimes, when you go looking for it, you don't get it.

R&W......I was one that thought we would be bottom after today, delighted that we aren't but I'm not exactly cartwheeling around either.
Unless we address these frailties, we will go down! Simple as that!
Imo, we should have 8-11 pts more...that's a conservative estimate!!
But, we don't! We have won 2 games from 21, chucked the lead away soooooo many times this season in gut wrenching fashion and we now seem incapable of seeing a game out.

We have two huge games to follow our customary Cup exit and (probable) defeat in Perth.

Anything other than two wins, against two rank rotten teams, could spell major problems.
I would think, rightly or wrongly, that MC will still be at the helm come Jan 21st....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:02 pm

Probable defeat in Perth is right. Sarris, Devlin, Donati all suspended and Docherty will still be out. If we throw away leads against ICT and Killie the stands will be deserted for the remainder of the season.

Having just seen the goal, three Well men in the box with one just outside against Seaborne and Sowah. Amatuerish doesn't come close. Too many players drawn towards the ball.

One more thing, the worst mistake by a defender all day was Sarris chesting the ball down perfectly for McDonald. Had that been Seaborne or Devlin we'd never have heard the end of it.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:01 am

Before I start, the post match discussion is by far more worrying than the dire display. Canning believes his strike force are not clinical enough and that's where he needs to strengthen, is he failing to see that we CAN score goals, just not defend a lead?! The strikers are rarely given a clean cut chance as we struggle to string 3-4 + passes together without a punt.

This season due to a change in work I've been able to go to nearly every home/away fixture and this just never gets any easier.
Motherwell were gifted MULTIPLE opportunities. Nearly 2 years since he took over..we still have an almighty weakness to crosses/set pieces, how the fuck can a centre back/player-manager not relay the basic skills of marking to his squad?
Sarris/Seabourne/Devlin just love gifting opportunities, absolute shambles, the chuckle brothers if they were triplets.
Sarris being injured was a sign from the gods showing mercy. If we don't manage to keep sowah *canning hinted we wont* I am most certain with the current lineup of defenders, we are going down. Woods is doing his work, but he can't save everything.
THAT GOAL - Some of the worst defending I've seen, 5 Accies players drawn to the ball at the touchline, leaving only 2 men vs 4 in the box, the big threat all day is left to have an easy tap in header. Captain had some explaining to do.
D'Acol gave us another brave goal, showing his worth, also made a great last ditch tackle down the other end. Brophy was dire, he just seems to have neither pace or strength on the ball. Why Bingham wasn't brought on to test the lack of pace of the Motherwell CB's I'll never know. Gramoz has some skillful footwork and isn't afraid to run at defenders, his judgement on passing is shocking though. Ali again is MIA.

The empty seats week in week out should tell the board exactly what the masses think. You have to speculate to accumulate, if they don't invest in the first team with semi decent handful of signings, why would anyone waste their time coming to see hunt it-n- punt it football?

Sickening.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:55 am

judgeflash wrote: Ali again is MIA.

Really?
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:16 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:
judgeflash wrote: Ali again is MIA.

Really?

Yep. Outwith his near goal, he didn't influence the game like he is sometimes capable of, a lot of poor passing and losing possession.
Outwith his goals this season, he looks to me like he's ready to move on.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:44 pm

Much as it pains me to say this, but I hope that Ali goes in this window. He is a decent player but is not developing as good as he could be. Think this is down to a lack of confidence on his part and playing with such poor players. As the team will struggle even more after the break I think he will struggle even more

He has been a great servant for Accies but as long as the team struggles he will never realise his full potential. The lad deserves better, both in football terms and financially He needs to move away from the safety blanket that Accies have become to him and push on to the next level. I think he is around 25 now so just about to reach his peak hopefully as a player and has a huge number of games behind him. He may not be a McCarhy/ McArthur but should be able to play at a better level than where he is now

Not saying he will play for Celtic or an EPL side but could do a decent job in most other to SPFL sides or even English Championship sides
smc4761
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:09 pm

If Crawford goes, we'll be in the Championship next season. I really don't know how folk can't see this. Unless we reinvest the money spent on him in the first team, but we know that won't happen.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:44 pm

accies1874 wrote:If Crawford goes, we'll be in the Championship next season. I really don't know how folk can't see this. Unless we reinvest the money spent on him in the first team, but we know that won't happen.

we will be in the championship if he stays. We are going down because of the BOD tinpot mentality. Time to wake up and except this.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby WAC » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:12 pm

We will sell Crawford to the first bidder as they will lose about half.his value once we are relegated the crooks in charge want every penny
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:22 pm

Fine, our chances of staying up will be greatly reduced if he leaves. He's involved in almost every goal we score, and he is consistently our most dangerous player.
I can understand why the board would want to sell him, but it's a sad probability that the first team won't see a penny of it. He also won't want to stay if another team comes calling.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:47 pm

accies1874 wrote:Fine, our chances of staying up will be greatly reduced if he leaves. He's involved in almost every goal we score, and he is consistently our most dangerous player.

This ^^^^

Link to highlight reel below for the player recently labeled hopeless on this site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/38292828

Would hate to see him go but perhaps only then he would get the recognition he deserves.
Last edited by Yummy Fur on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yummy Fur » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:59 pm

WAC wrote: the crooks in charge want every penny

The idea that the current BOD can support top flight football, a top class youth academy on approx 1500 home fans a large percentage of whom are enjoying the cheapest season ticket in the Premiership (Championship too at a guess) AND cream off money for themselves into the bargain seems highly unlikely.

If it is the case they should be selling that business model all over the World.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives