Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:08 pm

I could say Sevco or do inverted commas around Rangers, but I wont.

However, our first ever meeting with the new lot at NDP! Would we take a point right now? I'd certainly take three points from the next three games but it would be nice to get them all tomorrow. Will MC shake it up a bit, after a strength sapping night on Tuesday? Possibly. I wouldn't be surprised to see Longridge start and maybe D'Acol back in. Do we stick with 352, given that we haven't managed to impose our usual game in some of the recent matches using that system, Aberdeen and Hearts apart? Can't see us going to a back four so even if our injuries have cleared up, it could well be Donati, Sarris and McMann again and they've certainly earned another start together.

I'll say 1-1, with Ali giving us a first half lead (shocker!) and Rangers bombarding us in second half and getting an equaliser.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:24 pm

Normally I'd expect us to have a chance of a result. Three nights after Celtic Park makes it a much bigger ask. Perversely, the fact that we (apparently) put in a good performance on Tuesday makes me less confident - do we do back-to-back good performances?

Also, Rangers seem to have hit a bit of a streak of winning games, however fortuitously. It all adds up to pre-match jitters.

I agree that we could really do with taking something from this. Hopefully I'm being over-pessimistic.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Euan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:14 am

Looking forward to this game.
The players should have recovered from Tuesday and if they can match the concentration and effort we should take something from it.
Hopefully the referee is unbiased(may be asking a lot) and we don't allow Garner to bully us at the back. I read this morning that Canning has been advising the players on this Rangers tactic, so they should be prepared and ready to match his aggression.
Good News...Clint Hill is back from suspension, so Bingham's pace could be useful.
2-0 Accies ;)
Euan
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:35 am

Unusually optimistic about tonight.

We surely have to start with the same lineup as Tuesday
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:25 am

3-0 Accies Bingham 2 Roy.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:07 pm

I don't know why I'm optimistic..but I am! Rangers look weak when under pressure. Our pitch will hopefully be of benefit too. I'm hoping for a D'Acol + Bingham start. They both benefit from support up front.
2-1 accies.

Putting 50 quid on an accies win..i'm no feart. :D
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby KaiserKiernan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:26 pm

Was back in April of 2011, they beat us 0-1.

The time before that was the 11th of September, they beat us 1-2

Time before that, was 16th of January 2010, they beat us 0-1.

I gotta be honest, even though they seemed weekend I'm not that optimistic.
KaiserKiernan
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:17 pm

KaiserKiernan wrote:Was back in April of 2011, they beat us 0-1.

KaiserKiernan, as disguises go, it's not a great one I've got to say! :lol:
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby KaiserKiernan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:06 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:
KaiserKiernan wrote:Was back in April of 2011, they beat us 0-1.

KaiserKiernan, as disguises go, it's not a great one I've got to say! :lol:

Yes I know, quite the coincidence I share the surname of a Rangers player :)
You see My father is an irish men, which is where I get my surname, Kiernan.
My Mother is from Germany, which is where I get Kaiser which translate to Emperor :D

I am also fond of the band, Kaiser Chiefs. ;)
KaiserKiernan
Pub League

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:31 pm

If we press, harass and strip them of the ball around half way line etc, we have a good chance of getting something from this match.

Hopefully, a couple of changes to freshen things up after a difficult Tuesday night.

I sense a 2-2 draw....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:54 pm

Come on accies!! We can do this, they are nowhere near the side the press in this country would have you believe.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:05 pm

Well beaten tonight with too many under par performances. Daz and McMann were best and at least we plugged away.

I still think the fascination with 3 at the back is a mistake and Donati looks more and more like a midfielder playing at the back.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Scott18 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:43 pm

Was at the game.... but hardly seen any off it because of the disgrace of the club

1 - Could not park at County Buildings - only allow rangers fans in it. Accies tweeted back said all could go in it.... LIES AGAIN

2 - Arrived at stadium got searched - everyone else gets in without being searched...... JOKE POlice stand there say everyone gets searched

3 - Couldn't see - accies fans standing up all game - Stewards and Police when arrived when Gers scored did f all.

4 - Accies fans starting fights.... resulted in my disabled cousin being hit by a coin by Rangers supporters..... police did nothing

5 - My disabled cousin - has been accused throwing a bottle - police and steward showed him a picture.... does not show him throwing a bottle.... he cant hold anything.

6 - Hamilton Accies Football Club - Joke of a club...... every time old firm comes they always let away fans in..... causes issues.... will not be going back to SuperSeal Season when old firm playing. Been season ticket holder since stadium opened and I am very disappointed in the club.

The Game tonight - what I seen.

Waghorn 1st goal was good
Waghorn 2nd was bad defending
Devlin is a liability - cant defend, cant pass, cant tackle and he is captain.
Good team goal for Imrie.
Hope Redmond keeps getting games.

Rant Over!!!!!!
Scott18
Seaside Leagues

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:23 am

As previously said, well beaten, only shot on target was the goal which was a gift from Halliday due to sevco overplaying.

As for the youngsters and the drum then we need more of them as the stadium is like a morgue without them.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:31 am

Awful tonight. It was good to get the ground rocking, but it all dissipated after the first goal. Bang out what happened to your cousin, but Accies should have a designated section for when the OF come. The atmosphere was class, but other fans were annoyed. Easy way to solve that.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:02 am

Absolute garbage last night. No shape, no fight, shat it and we all got to see why Ali Crawford is still at accies and no this so called big team he should be at. Glad the BT studio picked up on this as did the radio. Why is Devlin captain? got to be the worst captain in accies history, shows no leadership qualities what so ever in fact why was he brought back in because he is rotten. Only pass marks last night was Doc untill he got injured and the young lad mcmann. Only plus point from last night was my season book seats that I used for the 1st time as I usually sit where I want. Great position behind the dugout too shout at Clownzo. So it looks like it will be 2pts for the whole of December as I can't see us getting any more this month and I think we'll start the new year bottom.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:10 am

" THE BOSS " so this new look forum has banned the word C L O W N Z O :lol:
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:50 am

Thought Accies started the game fairly well, Rangers took over after 25 mins or so and, although they never created anything, it was no great surprise when they scored.

Poor 2nd goal from us, including superb ball watching by Sarris (I think) to leave Waghorn all alone.

Game was dead until Halliday imploded and allowed us a route back in. Pressed well for last 10 mins or so without creating a clear cut chance.

Think the tough nature of Tuesday's fixture may have impacted the performance slightly as we stopped squeezing the game after 20/25 mins, allowing Rangers time and space to play out from the back.

Not really too sure what Canning could've done differently, tbh.

Docherty did well as did McMann and Daz. Also thought that was one of Imrie's best games for a while....still not stunning but better.

Agree with other posters, can see us losing other matches this month and being bottom at the winter break.

Post break, we need to start beating our nearest rivals......
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:02 am

I try to stay positive, but those games at the start of the month had to be won. It's left us in a horrible position that we have to try and take points off the top 3 and Motherwell. Completely agree about starting the New Year bottom.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:06 am

Gutless , spineless performance , showed that tribute act far to much respect , we made them look good , stood of them and let mediocre players like Halliday dictate play , this was the game we had to pick up something but failed miserably , I felt when Docherty went off Longridge should have been the sub as for all his faults he does have pace and can run with the ball where as Donatti was always going to mean a change in shape . With two defeats looming things are suddenly gloom again , so much importance on the Motherwell game now but I do not trust Canning to have the players fired up for that game , another weekend with us not getting the job done and hoping our rivals lose .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to Match Day Archives