"Oil Lies"

For all non-football chat

"Oil Lies"

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:36 pm

Not wishing to fall out with fellow fans but I really couldn't let a few things that were said in the locked thread pass without comment. Sorry to everybody else. But here we are, free to debate politics and whatever else takes our fancy.

I'll start with the so called oil lies. Publicised by, among others the unionist Daily Record this week, these were of course oil predictions and everybody got them wrong. Indeed Westminster over-estimated them even more than the SNP did. Oil price has plummeted, still not at 1998 levels but at worrying levels to the oil industry. They have rebounded a bit slightly, as anyone filling up their car will have noticed. Now I don't know what the oil price will be next week, no one does but the OBR's forecast for next year have been taken as gospel by the Record. What "will happen". Once again. Predictions. Forecasts. OBR were way out last time, they could be again.

As for Labour supporters mentioning oil lies, they really should take a wee look closer to home. Google "Denis Healy oil" for a start. Or acquaint yourselves with the McCrone report.

Oh and news just in, more Labour lies from Jim Murphy. Five seconds in to his Murnaghan interview and he repeats Labour's favourite lie of the moment that "the biggest party gets to form the government". Then why did Gordon Brown's Labour incumbent govt try to form the government in 2010 when the Tories were the largest party?
Whiskeytown
Championship

Re: "Oil Lies"

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:54 pm

I thought this was a football forum, not question time.

I understand why you are posting this, after the Davie Hogg, Captain Mainwaring style rant, but come ta grips.

Back to Accies please guys.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:12 pm

I think you should have another look, this is a Non-Football section of the forum!
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:16 pm

Is this forum not called Accies World.

Remind me what oil prices are to do with Accies please
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:33 pm

Look you idiot, this is not your forum, you do not control it. It is perfectly clear, this part of the forum is Non-Football. The clue is in the name.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:44 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:Look you idiot, this is not your forum, you do not control it. It is perfectly clear, this part of the forum is Non-Football. The clue is in the name.

Charming.

I was actually siding with you on your point, but you're obviously got better things to do.
I did fully realise it was non-football, but I don't give a damn.

P.S.
Yes, despite the team in meltdown, let's start talking about oil prices. What's next the price of butter?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:17 pm

You really are a piece of work.

Anybody else would have said, oops, sorry, didn't realise after my first mild rebuke. But you blundered on. You don't give a damn, well some of us might like to debate stuff like this. It's not all about you.

Time to toddle off and start another Canning post, it must be all of 20 minutes since the last one.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:23 pm

Nobody else debating with you, just you and me.
And I'm not even debating.

It's a popular post :lol:
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:50 pm

It is said that economic forecasting exists only to give astrology a good name.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:11 pm

On a serious point, you don't have to be the largest party to form the government of the day.

Traditionally the queen looks to the leader of the largest party to form the government.
If they haven't the majority or don't believe they can carry a minority administration or form a coalition, then any party leader can attempt the same.
Think it's part of the Royal prerogative.

Of course smaller parties would find it increasingly more difficult to do so.

In theory, you could have the leader of the third largest party form a raindow coalition of minority parties. Generally they are very unstable.
Just look at countries like Italy or Greece for examples.

Anyway, enough politics, how are Accies getting on these days?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Admin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:44 pm

You aren't trying to discuss football in the non-football section, are you?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Accies4ever » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:56 pm

Heaven forbid :roll:
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:29 pm

Accies4ever wrote:On a serious point, you don't have to be the largest party to form the government of the day.

That was why I was angry at Murphy yet again being allowed to get away with this lie, my last paragraph in my first post. But at least John Mackay challenged James Kelly MSP on it last night. Kelly didn't even try to answer the question.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:43 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:
Accies4ever wrote:On a serious point, you don't have to be the largest party to form the government of the day.

That was why I was angry at Murphy yet again being allowed to get away with this lie, my last paragraph in my first post. But at least John Mackay challenged James Kelly MSP on it last night. Kelly didn't even try to answer the question.

What politicians telling lies.
Totally unheard of :roll:

P.S
I've met Jim Murphy. I wouldn't trust him as far as could throw the big streak of pish.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:39 pm

Singing from the same hymn sheet I think! See, this part of the forum has it's uses. :D

When they tell those lies though it would be nice if the journalist calls them out on them. Murphy gets away with it time after time. It's almost like he knows he won't be challenged on it and is taunting us!
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:29 pm

What's the point about getting angry about stuff that blatantly bollocks, Whiskeytown.

If I was a betting man, we'll have a hung parliament in May, with the Conservatives the largest party, but unable to form a government, as the LibDems insufficient in numbers and not wishing to do a deal with UKIP.

That will lead to a weak minority Labour government propped up by the SNP (in-formerly), which will collapse shortly thereafter.
We'll have another election later in the year, I reckon......with the Conservatives back in power.

P.S
Why is your name not Whiskytown?
Whiskey is Irish spelling, not Scottish.
How you spell your name is your choice, I was just interested to know.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:39 pm

I get annoyed because journalists surely know this and don't challenge thereby reinforcing the belief that they are biased in favour of the unionists. I doubt an SNP official would get away with such a blatant lie. Maybe I'm spending too much time on Wings but that site really does highlight how poorly served the Scottish populace is by its media. London media, you expect it from them but our own should be more diligent or the bias accusations just grow and grow.

Whiskeytown was a band, now defunct, that I like.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:18 pm

Cheers for that Whiskeytown.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskeytown)
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Davie Hogg » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:35 pm

you lost the referendum, we dont want a neverendum. get over it yestapo. bunch of traitors to britain. Vote Labour and save us from the SNP.
Scotland is too wee to go it alone. I worked hard to buy my house, I didn't go to university nor was i born with a silver spoon in my mouth, i left holy cross for an apprenticeship as my bad foot meant i couldnt join the army and I worked hard to buy my house. If independence had been voted for the value of my house would have plummeted.
Why should anyone who works hard to buy their house suffer for the vanity of alex salmond?
The next govt should pass a law banning a referendum for 20 years since alex salmond promised that it would be for a generation.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:04 am

Davie Hogg wrote:you lost the referendum, we dont want a neverendum. get over it yestapo. bunch of traitors to britain. Vote Labour and save us from the SNP.
Scotland is too wee to go it alone. I worked hard to buy my house, I didn't go to university nor was i born with a silver spoon in my mouth, i left holy cross for an apprenticeship as my bad foot meant i couldnt join the army and I worked hard to buy my house. If independence had been voted for the value of my house would have plummeted.
Why should anyone who works hard to buy their house suffer for the vanity of alex salmond?
The next govt should pass a law banning a referendum for 20 years since alex salmond promised that it would be for a generation.

What absolute mind-blowing ignorance you purport.

I'm a Conservative, but I voted for my country Scotland, because I believed we can do better. I still do.
The vote didn't go the way I wanted it to. I'm over it, but clearly and quite disturbingly you are not.
Talk about bad winners.

What shite about Scotland being too small. In global terms Scotland is a mid-range sized country in population terms.
You really haven't a clue have you.
Is that confusion from taking it royally up the arse every Sunday from your priest.

If we had voted Yes, you're correct, your house would have dropped in price.
It would have dropped from £2 to £1, when the wind would have blown it down the street.
Mind you, it must have taken you a while to save for your house on minimum wage, so no wonder your so protective your Cornflakes box.

By the way, it's a good job your didn't make the army, otherwise your own troops would have shot you.

Talking of laws, I'm looking forward to bringing in a law where only true Scots are allowed to vote.
Not tattie howkers and other foreigners.

Wee suggestion, try sticking your bad foot in your mouth next time.
That way we don't have to endure your pish.

P.S.
Hope I'm not using too many big words for you to understand this.

Stay lucky.
Accies4ever
Championship

Next

Return to General Discussion