"Oil Lies"

For all non-football chat

Re: "Oil Lies"

Postby Davie Hogg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:23 pm

Accies4ever wrote:
Davie Hogg wrote:you lost the referendum, we dont want a neverendum. get over it yestapo. bunch of traitors to britain. Vote Labour and save us from the SNP.
Scotland is too wee to go it alone. I worked hard to buy my house, I didn't go to university nor was i born with a silver spoon in my mouth, i left holy cross for an apprenticeship as my bad foot meant i couldnt join the army and I worked hard to buy my house. If independence had been voted for the value of my house would have plummeted.
Why should anyone who works hard to buy their house suffer for the vanity of alex salmond?
The next govt should pass a law banning a referendum for 20 years since alex salmond promised that it would be for a generation.

What absolute mind-blowing ignorance you purport.

I'm a Conservative, but I voted for my country Scotland, because I believed we can do better. I still do.
The vote didn't go the way I wanted it to. I'm over it, but clearly and quite disturbingly you are not.
Talk about bad winners.

What shite about Scotland being too small. In global terms Scotland is a mid-range sized country in population terms.
You really haven't a clue have you.
Is that confusion from taking it royally up the arse every Sunday from your priest.

If we had voted Yes, you're correct, your house would have dropped in price.
It would have dropped from £2 to £1, when the wind would have blown it down the street.
Mind you, it must have taken you a while to save for your house on minimum wage, so no wonder your so protective your Cornflakes box.

By the way, it's a good job your didn't make the army, otherwise your own troops would have shot you.

Talking of laws, I'm looking forward to bringing in a law where only true Scots are allowed to vote.
Not tattie howkers and other foreigners.

Wee suggestion, try sticking your bad foot in your mouth next time.
That way we don't have to endure your pish.

P.S.
Hope I'm not using too many big words for you to understand this.

Stay lucky.

I consider myself an atheist and haven't been to church since I left school. Unlike you, I'm not a moronic sectarian bigot. Also I am Scottish, as were my parents and grandparents. You stupid nasty tory bigot. Even if I was a practising catholic it would have no bearing on my politics.
As for 'foreigners' does that mean you like UKIP? Nasty Nigel has similar views to you.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:27 pm

Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Davie Hogg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:30 pm

If it wasn't for foreigners' the country would collapse. We need immigration so we can pay the pensioners large welfare bill. Take off your racists specs and embrace multiculturalism.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:11 pm

Davie Hogg wrote:you lost the referendum, we dont want a neverendum. get over it yestapo. bunch of traitors to britain. Vote Labour and save us from the SNP.
Scotland is too wee to go it alone. I worked hard to buy my house, I didn't go to university nor was i born with a silver spoon in my mouth, i left holy cross for an apprenticeship as my bad foot meant i couldnt join the army and I worked hard to buy my house. If independence had been voted for the value of my house would have plummeted.
Why should anyone who works hard to buy their house suffer for the vanity of alex salmond?
The next govt should pass a law banning a referendum for 20 years since alex salmond promised that it would be for a generation.

First of all, I'm pretty disgusted by Accies4ever comments. Could not disagree more about only true Scots getting to vote in a future referendum. We are a multi-cultural society and even though it seems most English born Scots voted No, they are perfectly entitled to vote having chosen Scotland as their home.

Now Davie, this yestapo stuff is pure nonsense. I'm guessing you read the Daily Record or the Daily Mail. Anti-Yes/SNP rags who will blow up every negative story about Yes supporters or nationalists. Yet when a pregnant Yes supporter was kicked in the stomach by a No supporter, admittedly a far right No supporter, it received virtually no coverage except on social media. A pensioner campaigning for Yes was attacked by a woman in 2013 in Edinburgh, again with tiny coverage compared to one egg hitting Murphy or some vandalism to Ian Murray's constituency office doors. My own Yes emblazoned car was scraped along the side by some nice No supporter. Recently some SNP activists were covered in eggs and Irn Bru in Possil, again only mentioned in social media as far as I'm aware.

We live in a democracy. Are Yes supporters supposed to give up on their beliefs? All 1.6 million of us? Personally I'm not sure if another referendum should be in the SNP Holyrood manifesto next year, though so many of our new members will probably demand one and I fear might leave the party if they don't get their wish. I'd like it to wait a bit, once the Scottish people see that we are getting nowhere near the "near Home Rule" promised and hopefully see another period of good governance by the SNP, maybe in time for the next Holyrood election after that, a new referendum could be offered and we'll see how many vote SNP.

As for "too wee", come on, you have fell hook, line and sinker for the Better Together mantra. Don't be a mug. Look around the globe. The best performing nations are the small to medium sized ones. They are at the top of most of the league tables and the poorest performers are the bigger nations like the UK. And we would still be British even after independence because Britain refers to the land mass. We have as much right to call ourselves British if we choose than anyone else on this island.

House prices - yes another ludicrous scare story. Remember the Standard Life one? What the Record et al didn't tell you was that SL were busy building a new office in Edinburgh at the same time as saying they were going to move south! Shares plummeting because the Yes favourable poll spooked the markets? Guess what? The markets plummeted hundreds of points weeks after the referendum to no publicity up here whatsoever. So billions were only wiped off the value of Scottish companies before the referendum not when it happened again afterwards? I could go on. I'd urge you to widen your reading to take in sites like Newsnet Scotland, Bella Caledonia or Wings Over Scotland. Biased? Undoubtedly, but they have facts there that you can check for yourself and you will see a slant on the Scottish political scene that you would never get with the Isn't-Ed-Miliband-wonderful-Daily Record, who I see today are a bit miffed that the vow seems to have been broken by Cameron. So that Vow Delivered front page was the keech we thought it was after all.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Previous

Return to General Discussion