Accies .V. Motherwell - Match Thread

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Motherwell - Match Thread

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Mon May 15, 2017 10:59 am

really? wrote:
The Bajan Bandit wrote:Canning is under no pressure to get results he must feel untouchable and as long as he tows the company line he is , that is a huge problem , you only had to listen during the week to the Motherwell boss with his war crys and talking up the game then listen to our damp squid , how could he lift players .

It's a damp 'squib', not 'squid'. Squib is an old-fashioned name for a firework.

I know things are bad and we're heading for the play-offs, but that's not an excuse to let standards slip.

Thank you.

:lol: Nice post. Wish it was 'squid', damp squid is a much better saying.

Although squid are generally damp, defeating the purpose of the phrase I suppose.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Mon May 15, 2017 11:50 am

I didn't hear any abuse aimed primarily at Devlin? I thought he had an average start to the season but in the second half has really come into his own. I didn't think he should be made captain, as I don't like captains as defenders to be honest, I prefer a midfielder who can influence both attack and defenders with instructions.
This season has been a case of individuals really letting the team down. Penalties from silly lazy tackles, red cards from just absolute nonsense tackles. The manager at the end of the day however is responsible for his players. He has gotten rid of some deadwood, yet still fails to inspire a talented group of players.
The club may have good charitable ethics, but this is a SPORTS team. We as fans want to see the team progress and play good football. I would have preferred Canning as a player/coach, not as the manager of our team. I can only see the interest in the team diminish further if we do go to the championship again. We are widely known to be in the stone age when it comes to what is expected of a modern football team, with even less money I genuinely fear we may go the way of Raith.

Regardless of the boo boys, if we go down next season and lose the likes of Devlin/Crawford, we are fucked.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Mon May 15, 2017 12:50 pm

judgeflash wrote:Regardless of the boo boys, if we go down next season and lose the likes of Devlin/Crawford, we are fucked.

Really? Both came from our youth system. I'm not saying we will replace those two with exact replicas, but there are players coming through that will step up to the mark in that league (if it comes to that) the same way Devlin, Docherty, McMann, Hendrie, Gillespie and Crawford have. Not world beaters in the Premiership, but good enough for the Championship.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Mon May 15, 2017 12:50 pm

It's a damp 'squib', not 'squid'. Squib is an old-fashioned name for a firework

That put him in his plaice
Euan
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon May 15, 2017 12:54 pm

TheThirdProclaimer wrote:
judgeflash wrote:Regardless of the boo boys, if we go down next season and lose the likes of Devlin/Crawford, we are fucked.

Really? Both came from our youth system. I'm not saying we will replace those two with exact replicas, but there are players coming through that will step up to the mark in that league (if it comes to that) the same way Devlin, Docherty, McMann, Hendrie, Gillespie and Crawford have. Not world beaters in the Premiership, but good enough for the Championship.

Yes really. Who within the under 20s is gonna get 10 goals per season from midfield in the premiership? I don't think Mcmann or Gillespie have been very good overall tbh. Docherty has great potential, but again, is he wanting to now settle for championship football ? Look how many seasons it's taken Devlin to finally become a quality player.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon May 15, 2017 12:58 pm

Euan wrote:
YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:
Gaspode wrote:I'm talking about the season as a whole.And if you think it was just one fan yesterday then you are deluded.

Not as deluded as the likes of yourself defending the absolute crap we have endured since this clown became Manager.

You'll be mad that you've been allowed back into NDP ;)

Funny how two fans who were found not guilty at court were banned,but those found guilty were not...Twas The Tom Purdie way.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Todd_is_God » Mon May 15, 2017 1:24 pm

It's cos you are famous. Happens to the best of us :lol:
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Mon May 15, 2017 2:29 pm

judgeflash wrote:Yes really. Who within the under 20s is gonna get 10 goals per season from midfield in the premiership? I don't think Mcmann or Gillespie have been very good overall tbh. Docherty has great potential, but again, is he wanting to now settle for championship football ? Look how many seasons it's taken Devlin to finally become a quality player.

I assume you're talking about Crawford, who has 10, 5 and so far, in the last 3 seasons. My point is that the players who get '10' goals from midfield in the Premiership played a few years in the Championship before stepping up a league. Who's to say what our current u20s will be like if they got the same opportunity? McMann didn't look much use at the turn of this year, far less a season or two ago, and now he's a regular who's missed when he doesn't play.

On Docherty etc settling for Championship football, who exactly do they think they should be playing for? Ross County? Motherwell? They've still got a lot to prove in my eyes, currently in a team which is quite rightly struggling in 11th and haven't performed at all for 90% of the season. If teams weren't bidding on our best player (Ali) a season or two ago when he was on the top of his game and we were top of the league, I can't see folk banging down the door now.

Anyway, hopefully if it does end up a playoff we can get through it and it renders all this irrelevant!
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Mon May 15, 2017 3:09 pm

judgeflash wrote:Yes really. Who within the under 20s is gonna get 10 goals per season from midfield in the premiership? I don't think Mcmann or Gillespie have been very good overall tbh. Docherty has great potential, but again, is he wanting to now settle for championship football ? Look how many seasons it's taken Devlin to finally become a quality player.

I assume you're talking about Crawford, who has 10, 5 and so far, in the last 3 seasons. My point is that the players who get '10' goals from midfield in the Premiership played a few years in the Championship before stepping up a league. Who's to say what our current u20s will be like if they got the same opportunity? McMann didn't look much use at the turn of this year, far less a season or two ago, and now he's a regular who's missed when he doesn't play.

On Docherty etc settling for Championship football, who exactly do they think they should be playing for? Ross County? Motherwell? They've still got a lot to prove in my eyes, currently in a team which is quite rightly struggling in 11th and haven't performed at all for 90% of the season. If teams weren't bidding on our best player (Ali) a season or two ago when he was on the top of his game and we were top of the league, I can't see folk banging down the door now.

Anyway, hopefully if it does end up a playoff we can get through it and it renders all this irrelevant!

If I was a premiership manager, I'd absolutely want to recruit Docherty. We have to remember, we have a squad of gifted players, playing very poorly in seemingly bad tactical setup also. Imagine Docherty being able to play more technically fluid football, same with Ali, not just relying on picking up the scraps from long balls.
Ali actually had 10,5 and 9 for this season, not to mention the assists. Whilst he hasn't shown consistant form for at least 2 seasons, he's still scored nearly a quarter of all our league goals this term.
I can only pray we get 2 sneaky wins and motherwell lose at least one. We still have slight goal difference advantage.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Mon May 15, 2017 3:20 pm

My typo, should have said 10, 5 and 9 so far.

Even a Well draw and loss would do. If they manage to better our result on Tuesday though the home game to Dundee will be a bit of a damp squid.
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby ColinS » Mon May 15, 2017 3:40 pm

re the abuse at the end of the game - no one could be happy about the result or of previous performances but the level of abuse towards the team and MC is well OTT. The bellicose 'fan' earlier referred to who was shouting 'relegation' sits near me and has never, as far as I can remember, in all the games he attended shouted a single word of support but persistently moans and groans, shouts personal abuse about the team and MC in particular. That kind of 'fan/supporter' we could do without. Who among us will ever improve or give of their best if subjected to the sort of abuse that that idiot spouts towards the team, individuals in the team and MC week in and week out.
I didn't see the MD incident at the end but fans need to get a grip of their emotions and stop the personal abuse particularly the 'relegation' eejit. OTT. :-( Hope he doesn't comeback next year. Give my ears a rest :-)
C'mon the Accies
Keep on believing
ColinS
Pub League

Postby really? » Mon May 15, 2017 5:41 pm

really? wrote:
The Bajan Bandit wrote:Canning is under no pressure to get results he must feel untouchable and as long as he tows the company line he is , that is a huge problem , you only had to listen during the week to the Motherwell boss with his war crys and talking up the game then listen to our damp squid , how could he lift players .

It's a damp 'squib', not 'squid'. Squib is an old-fashioned name for a firework.

I know things are bad and we're heading for the play-offs, but that's not an excuse to let standards slip.

Thank you.

:lol: Nice post. Wish it was 'squid', damp squid is a much better saying.

Although squid are generally damp, defeating the purpose of the phrase I suppose.

All squid are damp when you think about it.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Mon May 15, 2017 8:21 pm

ColinS wrote:re the abuse at the end of the game - no one could be happy about the result or of previous performances but the level of abuse towards the team and MC is well OTT. The bellicose 'fan' earlier referred to who was shouting 'relegation' sits near me and has never, as far as I can remember, in all the games he attended shouted a single word of support but persistently moans and groans, shouts personal abuse about the team and MC in particular. That kind of 'fan/supporter' we could do without. Who among us will ever improve or give of their best if subjected to the sort of abuse that that idiot spouts towards the team, individuals in the team and MC week in and week out.
I didn't see the MD incident at the end but fans need to get a grip of their emotions and stop the personal abuse particularly the 'relegation' eejit. OTT. :-( Hope he doesn't comeback next year. Give my ears a rest :-)

Far too sensible a post for some on here.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Mon May 15, 2017 8:23 pm

Gaspode wrote:
ColinS wrote:re the abuse at the end of the game - no one could be happy about the result or of previous performances but the level of abuse towards the team and MC is well OTT. The bellicose 'fan' earlier referred to who was shouting 'relegation' sits near me and has never, as far as I can remember, in all the games he attended shouted a single word of support but persistently moans and groans, shouts personal abuse about the team and MC in particular. That kind of 'fan/supporter' we could do without. Who among us will ever improve or give of their best if subjected to the sort of abuse that that idiot spouts towards the team, individuals in the team and MC week in and week out.

Far too sensible a post for some on here.

Count yourself lucky, I have an old man next to me who goes off his banger at EVERY throw in CMON REF!!!!
And 2 young girls behind me who scream CMON Accies at ball shrinking levels. I'd kill for a wee moaner :D
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:31 pm

I've just lumped a few squid on Cuntzos Clowns to continue the pathetic freefall to the Championship..
Head ruling the heart and all that.
Cuntzo out
Ftw.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Mon May 15, 2017 9:15 pm

We're not too bad at our seats, only really the 'USE IT!' guy and his mate 'ach, FORWARD!' :D
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon May 15, 2017 9:16 pm

Nothing worse than these sort of fans. There's a large gentleman, big red face n all sits with his claret hat on shouting on Saturday " Haw tae fck Crawford " all game. My lugs where burst and the small fella he was with looked embarrassed but it miby was his carer. Accies have some amount of looney's.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:58 pm

Too right
Anyone remember Mon from back in the day?
All he ever shouted was,yes you've guessed it,"Mon!"
Or the Ken Dodd lookalike and Pat the Steward .
For such a modest support,Accies have always had a high % of "intellectually challenged" shall we say?
Ftw
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon May 15, 2017 10:26 pm

It's the fans that never clap, even when the team comes out, never shout any encouragement, have their hate figures that will never win them over no matter what they do; they sit on their hands when they score and shout abuse when the mess up. I moved to the other end of the stand to get away from them.

The lad that shouted "Mon" clearly had some difficulties. I don't think we should be so quick to mock. Although I do remember taking the piss out of a guy who I think I saw on Saturday, who used to stand at DP with his parka jacket deliberately back to front. Arms through the sleeves with it hanging open behind. He was a nasty bugger (in terms of verbal abuse) so I didn't mind laughing at him. He looked oldish 25 years ago so must be nearly 80 now. If it was the same guy, he was heading to Burnbank after the game.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue May 16, 2017 1:39 am

Amoutahere1874 wrote:Too right
Anyone remember Mon from back in the day?
All he ever shouted was,yes you've guessed it,"Mon!"
Or the Ken Dodd lookalike and Pat the Steward .
For such a modest support,Accies have always had a high % of "intellectually challenged" shall we say?
Ftw

Remember them all.I think Pat The Steward sadly passed away.

We also have the Pyrotechnic King and a tall guy with red hair who shouts "Get it away" at every dead ball....if only our defenders listened to his shouts occasionally.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives