Hearts .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Hearts .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby beckfordlodge » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:21 pm

Davidson1874 wrote:I find it difficult to believe that there are people who still believe Canning is a competent football manager, we have went backwards under his tenure.

Yes we survived last year, but I don't think we are a better team.

Some of the contracts handed out have been crazy, Longridge is so good he was surplus to requirements during last years relegation battle then he is handed a 2 year deal? Redmond hasn't kicked a ball - 2 year deal. Donatti - 2 year deal. Richard Roy trained with us most of the summer and no one noticed he wasn't actually a footballer?? Bingham given a 2 year deal. D'acol was the focus of our striking recruitment last year despite his poor goal return. These are perhaps decisions taken by the board and possibly not Canning responsibility.

However he must be in charge of tactics, formations, training drills, motivation and this is what is letting us down. Without Diaz there is no dig in the team, no one to make that crunching tackle that fires others around them up and perhaps drags other teams into a scrap if they are indeed better teams than us.

The ethos of bringing through our own managers is complete bullshit and is an argument put forward to suit the circumstances, since the current regime have been in charge they got rid of Hillcoat and replaced with Maitland who was recruited from outwith and and in turn recruited Reid from outwith the club, no one could have dreamed of how good Neil's appointment turned out to be.

To then appoint Canning was a cheap and easy decision, to then not admit a mistake is an act of pure defiance and stupidity.

If anyone wants my season ticket for the remainder of the season (Cannings time in charge) I will hand it over. I'm sick of watching his team.

Outstanding post.

Not only Richard Roy trained with us most of the summer and no one noticed he wasn't actually a footballer?? but the fact that they still gave him a 1st team chance was absolutely astounding. I watched him in 20s games and people around us were actually laughing at his performance. He even kept young Ryan Tierney out the 20s on a couple of occasions.

If as I have previously stated Canning thought Richard Roy was a player then he is totally incompetent, else he's not in charge and the board are running the show in which case the whole place stinks.
beckfordlodge
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:57 pm

I believe it was covered in the Meeting about the shit signings? They do not have a recruitment team in process, it's literally stab in the dark at low pricing and hope to get a gem.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby really? » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:07 pm

After Saturday, it's officially a crisis.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:58 am

Euan wrote:You didn't buy a season ticket (at £150) yet you're demanding meetings with the board and leading protests...ironic

So , unless you buy a season ticket you can't ask questions ...
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby AlMac » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:42 pm

glasgow accie wrote:
Euan wrote:You didn't buy a season ticket (at £150) yet you're demanding meetings with the board and leading protests...ironic

So , unless you buy a season ticket you can't ask questions ...

The key point is that the original poster stated that he was hoping we got hammered, was then delighted that it happened and is now demanding a meeting with the board. Now that's what I call a supporter.....!
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:00 pm

If you don't go to enough games to merit buying a season ticket at £150, then you're not really in a position to be taken seriously in demanding a forum or threatening action. What's he going to do boycott the stadium!!

Hardly the most articulate either, to be putting himself forward as a spokesman.

He's also stating that he wants us to get beaten again this week at Ibrox. Maybe his wee team is Rangers.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:17 pm

Euan wrote:If you don't go to enough games to merit buying a season ticket at £150, then you're not really in a position to be taken seriously in demanding a forum or threatening action. What's he going to do boycott the stadium!!

Hardly the most articulate either, to be putting himself forward as a spokesman.

He's also stating that he wants us to get beaten again this week at Ibrox. Maybe his wee team is Rangers.

Don't start slating people you don't know. I know WAC and I can assure you for years he goes to home games and travels to most away. Think your being bang out of order here
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Euan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:48 pm

I'm not slating him personally, as I have no personal knowledge of him, only what he posts on here.

However, stating that you want the team you 'support' to lose both to Hearts and then to Rangers is not support. Neither is failing to buy a season ticket at a bargain price a sign of support. He may have financial issues, although regular attendance at away games is significantly more expensive, so suggests otherwise.

Attending regular away games also suggests that enjoying a day out drinking with your pals is the priority rather than 'support' of the team, especially when he quotes the disgraceful "team full of losers" chant.

My advice to him would be to be realistic in his outlook and support of Accies and he might be less angry. As NHWMH advised, saying please is often more effective than threats and demands.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:42 am

Its been a long time since I was on the forum, but I have been watching from afar. I think the whole accies predicament is very sad. I stopped attending NDP at the latter stages of the Billy Reid era, although have been back intermittently. I have stopped watching Scottish football in general, largely due to the fact that it is pretty poor fare, and vastly over rated - I have been monitoring the performances of the Accies though, simply because I had a lot of good Saturday afternoons home and away and have an affinity for the club. I was a season ticket holder when we won the league in 2008, and actually was AN's shirt sponsor, and still have the garment - any offers? I was thrilled with the SPL performance with the Paxaio's and the James's/Shiela and remember the first game Canning played when he expressed surprise that the team fancied their chances against Aberdeen away - which we won. I have been a home and away supporter and voted with my feet a good few years ago, and am one of the 'lost' fans, who probably will never be back. It's not worth the entrance fee. On the basis that football is a service provided by clubs, for the benefit of the spectator, I fear that the service provider - the Accies - is not listening to the spectator, and the quality of the product on offer is not really delivering the quality required to sustain its customer base. Without a customer base, a business is bound to fail. I can't see how the club can be sustainable without an income, and the fan base provides the income. The diminishing attendances must be a worry to the shareholders, but there does not appear to be an acknowledgement that there is a serious problem. The team are not faring well. This is self evident by their league position. How would a business react to a challenging corporate performance? Change the CEO and bring a new strategy to the business. The business here is the performance of the team on the park. It looks as though the club are self destructing and are making little attempt at saving themselves. I see the club being relegated, and spiralling downwards, with little chance of recovery. Even changing the manager now, may be too late. A top half Championship team may be their level, and if so, fine. But surely, the club should try and provide the paying customer with a positive experience to the extent that they are able? I am just not sure there is a desire to create an offer which would be attractive to a paying customer, and that is a matter of some regret.

19 April, 2008 Accies 2 Clyde 0 Promotion achieved to the SPL

Hamilton: Cerny, Stevenson (Swailes 89), Easton, Mensing, Elebert, McLaughlin, McCarthy, McArthur, Offiong (Waterworth 68), Neil (Gilhaney 31), Graham.
Subs Not Used: Taylor, Halliwell.
Goals: Stevenson 21 pen, Offiong 43.
Clyde: Hutton, Neil McGregor, James Gibson, Higgins, Bestvina, Wilson (Billy Gibson 54), Bradley (McKay 76), Ruari MacLennan, McSwegan (Arbuckle 46), Clarke, Smith.
Subs Not Used: Masterton, Cherrie.
Sent Off: Neil McGregor (21). Booked: McSwegan.
Att: 4,940
Ref: William Collum.
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:06 am

Euan wrote:I'm not slating him personally, as I have no personal knowledge of him, only what he posts on here.

However, stating that you want the team you 'support' to lose both to Hearts and then to Rangers is not support. Neither is failing to buy a season ticket at a bargain price a sign of support. He may have financial issues, although regular attendance at away games is significantly more expensive, so suggests otherwise.

Attending regular away games also suggests that enjoying a day out drinking with your pals is the priority rather than 'support' of the team, especially when he quotes the disgraceful "team full of losers" chant.

My advice to him would be to be realistic in his outlook and support of Accies and he might be less angry. As NHWMH advised, saying please is often more effective than threats and demands.

I'm a season book holder. I go to away games and I'm a very pissed off accies fan. Is there any difference between myself & WAC? No. We're both passionate accies fans like yourself but he chooses to word his frustrations differently. I'm with wac any most fans now and want Canning sacked and want change. tbh I fear the worst now and can't see it getting any better. Since Martin took over its went from bad to worse but Gray & co won't admit that this nonsense is wrong. The way I see it is that all accies fan need to get together now and push for the removal of Canning. I don't care now if we go down but as long as it's not with Canning. I rather get relegated with Imrie, Donati or whoever and start again but Canning can gtf. P95 W23. For that stat of can understand why WAC wants us to get beat. He wants Canning out the same as I want him out. If your an honest man and have seen the way we play now you'll admit were doomed.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Euan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:13 am

Canning should have resigned after the Annan game or the 8-1 Celtic and admitted it was too big a job for him.
He was encouraged not to by the board and having (just) kept us up thanks to Nei's teams early season form, the decision was seen to be a good one (by them).

Accies are run along the Director of Football (Les) and Head Coach (Canning) model, without ever saying it. They sign the players and run the Academy and instruct the manager to play the young players. As a manager he's following his instructions, which as a director is all you can ask, if that's your business model.

I remember Les being responsible for sourcing and signing Neil, so it's not a new thing.

Canning is learning in the job and I thought getting better? But after 2 years still seems to be one step forward, one step back.

I'd like to see a good manager brought in, but if it's a case of dismissing Canning and bringing in Imrie then we're no further forward and probably backwards.

I voted with my feet in the last 18 months of BR, but haven't felt the need yet with Canning. Probably cause he's a genuine man and not an arrogant wee ..... like BR.

I'm reserving full judgement until after the Motherwell game
Euan
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:12 pm

All sorts of opinions and perspectives but for me a red line is wanting your alleged team to get beaten; indefensible.

We are still fighting to stay in this league and are currently 3 points from achieving our primary target this season. On that basis no club should be sacking a manager and all fans should be supporting their team whilst recognising and considering shortcomings and issues.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:04 pm

I seem to remember lots of Accies fans wanting the side to get beat during the dark days of The homeless Watson era.Perhaps WAC is looking at a scenario where a heavy defeat/defeats accelerate the removal of Canning from The Manager's role?
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby WAC » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Think I've missed about 4 games all season and that's me not having a ST . My posts about hearts and rangers winning were a little over the edge but I'm so frustrated that this board still think canning is doing a good job . I remember les saying at the forum he wants 2 things from a manager 1) play young players 2) set up his team to win on a Saturday . Last few weeks he hasn't been doing that . Aberdeen game we sat back for 80 mins and we're very lucky . Ibrox he wanted to sit back and hope we are still in the game with 10 mins to go . As soon as that 1st goal goes in the players run around like headless chickens with canning sitting arms folded . He isn't a manager , he won't keep us in this league , only thing he is going to do and the board for their constant big headedness to not admit they got it wrong is chase away fans .
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:26 pm

WAC wrote:Think I've missed about 4 games all season and that's me not having a ST . My posts about hearts and rangers winning were a little over the edge but I'm so frustrated that this board still think canning is doing a good job . I remember les saying at the forum he wants 2 things from a manager 1) play young players 2) set up his team to win on a Saturday . Last few weeks he hasn't been doing that . Aberdeen game we sat back for 80 mins and we're very lucky . Ibrox he wanted to sit back and hope we are still in the game with 10 mins to go . As soon as that 1st goal goes in the players run around like headless chickens with canning sitting arms folded . He isn't a manager , he won't keep us in this league , only thing he is going to do and the board for their constant big headedness to not admit they got it wrong is chase away fans .

Do you get comps? If not, that's a lot of unnecessary expense.

As for Ibrox, that's really not how it went at all. We were well in the game, possession at about 20 minutes in was 51-49. Keeper should have been off and the penalty was one we'd never have got at the other end. Not excusing for one second the awful defending at corners and the late capitulation. I hope we sit in with everyone behind the ball on Saturday and frustrate the crap out of them. Only way I can see us doing anything.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Euan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:36 pm

There's a difference between the consolation of knowing another heavy defeat may bring about changes and actively wanting a heavy defeat of the team you 'support'.
Euan
Premiership

Postby WAC » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:15 am

Euan wrote:There's a difference between the consolation of knowing another heavy defeat may bring about changes and actively wanting a heavy defeat of the team you 'support'.

I'm no longer supporting Martin cannings circus show so yes I want us to get hammered on the off chance the board show some balls, sack him and give us a chance to stay up .
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives