Rangers .V. Accies - Scottish Cup Match Thread

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Rangers .V. Accies - Scottish Cup Match Thread

Postby accies1874 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:47 pm

Pathetic. I could give an in-depth breakdown but there's no point. Just awful.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:52 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Poor performance again and shocking decisions didn't help. Thought the setup was right other than playing Imrie on his wrong side to accommodate the atrocious and disinterested Kurtaj.

We ran out of steam at best and gave up at worst and the change to a back 5 was just change for the sake of it. Gills was poor even before his howler.

Referee was shocking but we need to dig in and move on and try to get our best 11 on the park.

Have we got a best 11?
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:52 pm

Gutless, spineless, embarrassing.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:56 pm

Corrupt officials at Ibrox shocker. I know we capitulated and there are certainly no excuses for the final ten minutes but at 0-0, playing decent, their keeper should have been sent off, even Walter Smith said so ffs! Softest penalty, Neil McCann trying to say slow-mo proves Gillespie clipped his foot when it did no such thing. Never heard of perspective clearly. But we did not lay a glove on them for the 12 minutes that Garner was off getting treatment. Pathetic. Garner still being on the pitch was an outrage and Beaton was slaughtered by Andy Walker.

When you look at some of the recent red cards, like McHugh and McDonald of Motherwell, that yellow card was disgusting.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:17 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote: accommodate the atrocious and disinterested Kurtaj.

WHY??

Kurtaj was looking dis-interested on Tuesday and again today. Can only think he was played due to Docherty not fully match fit. Otherwise, totally baffling. Someone who thinks he is a far beter player than he actually is. Strolled aboout the park today when not involved. Has no-one told him he has to make it happen?? Should have been hooked at half=time.

It was suggested that the lease on his flat is not being renewed. Off in the Summer. Neither a surprise nor any great loss. He has underwhelmed me for a long time.

Overall today, we played poorly, never has a direct shot on goal in the second half, and suffered the usual biased shocking refereeing decisions at Ibrox. Though, even with ten men, Rangers would prbably still have won. Wen never really threatened, and yet again we lost poor goals at corners and crossed balls.

The bacon rolls and the free transport right to the park were the highlights of my day. To the Club, a big thanks.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Bingham did well
H9crx
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Totally spineless gutless performance by a group of players who just were not up for the match. OK shocking decisions against us, no change there, but to lose 4 goals in the manner we didi with 13 mins to go was inexcusable. No fight no desire to win. If we had lost 2-0 and tried I could perhaps forgive that but to ose 6-0 to an average at best Rangers side is just not acceptable. Dont think we even made Foderingham work once

Canning must go????????
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:02 pm

Zero efforts on target against 2 bomb scare centre backs.

Canning should've been more positive. I can take getting beat trying but bowing out feebly was poor.

I just hope canning learns from this and goes for the jugular at Tynecastle next week
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:05 pm

Well the manager takes the rap but do those who rejoiced on Tuesday really think MC set them up to be any less 'at it' today. For me the manager got most things right but we didn't have many/any players on form today.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:21 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Well the manager takes the rap but do those who rejoiced on Tuesday really think MC set them up to be any less 'at it' today. For me the manager got most things right but we didn't have many/any players on form today.

I agree to a point however the manager is there to "manage" the players and to ensure they go on the pitch with the right attitude and tactics. How many more goals are we going to lose from corners and set pieces. Defending for most of the game was shambolic, especially last 15 minutes
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:35 pm

I'd rather have conceded 0 goals on Tuesday and 6 today than 3 each or 0 today and 2 on Tuesday. Just glad it was the Cup and not the League game.
It's harder to keep going with the heads up in a cup game, once you know you're out and the officials are conspiring against you. Not really an excuse but human nature.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Anyone and i mean anyone could see that after the first 3 min of initial pressureThe Rangers were vunerable to the pressing game they are a total bombscare,Everyone except our manager.Pathetic Graner will not score 3 in Scotland ever again even if The Rangers draw Edinburgh city in a cup
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:51 pm

Chase Outlaw wrote:Anyone and i mean anyone could see that after the first 3 min of initial pressureThe Rangers were vunerable to the pressing game they are a total bombscare,Everyone except our manager.Pathetic Graner will not score 3 in Scotland ever again even if The Rangers draw Edinburgh city in a cup

Let me Sumerise

Canning Out
H9crx
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:18 am

Forgetting the dreadful,biased refereeing decisions for a minute; the aftermath analysis should be about a shambolic second hand performance which was another in far,far too many disasters in the Canning period.

For a team to concede so easily from corners with a defender as a Manager is worrying.No organisation and the young boy Watson seems to have a howler every time he plays.

It is one of those defeats-which when added to Killie missing an injury time penalty-which will do two things:confirm they are indeed hapless bottlers or lead to them feeling shame and busting a gut to make it up for the fans.

Totally scunnered making an average Rangers team look like world beaters and an embarrassment to every Accies fan.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Jimmy Liddle » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:17 am

A few facts from yesterday now the dust has settled:

We just lost 6-0 to the worst rangers team in my lifetime and I'm 53.
We didn't manage one shot on target for the whole 90+ minutes even when they went down to 10 men for what was it nearly 12 minutes?
Taking the point above we had one shot on target against Aberdeen in midweek. Great stats eh?
The ref had an absolute howler with not just 1 but unbelievably 3 blatantly wrong decisions however we had a team devoid of any tactical nonce and too many players not up for it it was utterly embarrassing.
Even if ranejus had went down to 10 or even 9 men in my opinion we still wouldn't have won the game, this of course can be debated.

So where do we go from here? Well the board are clear that nothing will change and Canning is the man to take the club forward :shock

Gross negligence on their behalf. How many more fans must walk away before they wake up and smell the coffee? This fan of 34 years has simply had enough of paying good money to watch utter negative dross and I'm afraid will now find something better to do with his money on a Saturday afternoon. To those fans who will continue to attend my sincere admiration to you all and best wishes.

In peace x
Jimmy Liddle
Pub League

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:21 am

According to the sport scene commentator it wasn't and I quote 'the kick by garner that done the damage it was the way imrie fell'.

That's right up there that comment.

Garners challenge was no better/worse than the Ayr defenders challenge. 1 ref got it right, the other bottled it.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:59 am

Jimmy Liddle wrote:A few facts from yesterday now the dust has settled:

We didn't manage one shot on target for the whole 90+ minutes even when they went down to 10 men for what was it nearly 12 minutes?
Taking the point above we had one shot on target against Aberdeen in midweek. Great stats eh?
The ref had an absolute howler with not just 1 but unbelievably 3 blatantly wrong decisions however we had a team devoid of any tactical nonce and too many players not up for it it was utterly embarrassing.
Even if ranejus had went down to 10 or even 9 men in my opinion we still wouldn't have won the game, this of course can be debated.

So where do we go from here? Well the board are clear that nothing will change and Canning is the man to take the club forward :shock

Gross negligence on their behalf. How many more fans must walk away before they wake up and smell the coffee? This fan of 34 years has simply had enough of paying good money to watch utter negative dross and I'm afraid will now find something better to do with his money on a Saturday afternoon. To those fans who will continue to attend my sincere admiration to you all and best wishes.

In peace x

Everyone can make their own decisions. We still have a chance of staying in the top league for a 4th season for what would be the first time since the 1930s; and in that circumstance I don't want the board to base any of their decisions on the basis of people turning away from that. Those of us of a certain age can certainly recall 2 seasons in the top flight where we were poorer (probably much poorer in terms of competitiveness).
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:21 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Jimmy Liddle wrote:A few facts from yesterday now the dust has settled:

In peace x

Everyone can make their own decisions. We still have a chance of staying in the top league for a 4th season for what would be the first time since the 1930s; and in that circumstance I don't want the board to base any of their decisions on the basis of people turning away from that. Those of us of a certain age can certainly recall 2 seasons in the top flight where we were poorer (probably much poorer in terms of competitiveness).

What both of your post are way of the mark!

Tuesday canning did not set up correctly we got batterd and got luckey!

Today they took there changes that Aberdeen could not!

We are not competitive and football is a spectator sport no one wants to watch the shit on spectical! The BOD must take action or it will be you and Tatty left in the stands.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:16 pm

BBC's Paul Mitchell also blamed Matthews for the fifth!

I don't agree we weren't up for it and were a shambles throughout. Matthews did save us early on but that apart we looked comfortable enough. There was a spell in the first half at 0-0 where, for about three minutes, we dominated and pegged them back, without ever hurting them. I was actually thinking that 442 is working for us and surely the way forward. Imrie looked much better, Kurtaj linked up quite well I thought and Adams was fine. Then the second half happened and I don't know anymore! Sarris, bombscare that he is, was a big loss. Could Gogic be a better bet than Watson? If Seaborne had been fit, he'd have come on and it might not have reached six. Canning can't be blamed for our injury crisis.

Sometimes it is a struggle to support Scottish football. Could it be corrupt? Are our referees REALLY that incompetent? How do Rangers get all those home draws (eleven in a row, not counting the new format of the LC) and we always get away ties? I wouldn't blame folk for walking away but I need to keep going because if St Johnstone and Inverness can win a cup and Queen of the South and Falkirk can reach finals, I'm bloody sure that we can too.

If you're in need of a laugh, the Sunday Herald reporter likened Garner's challenge on Imrie to Father Ted kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse! :lol:
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:50 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:BBC's Paul Mitchell also blamed Matthews for the fifth!

I don't agree we weren't up for it and were a shambles throughout. Matthews did save us early on but that apart we looked comfortable enough. There was a spell in the first half at 0-0 where, for about three minutes, we dominated and pegged them back, without ever hurting them. I was actually thinking that 442 is working for us and surely the way forward. Imrie looked much better, Kurtaj linked up quite well I thought and Adams was fine. Then the second half happened and I don't know anymore! Sarris, bombscare that he is, was a big loss. Could Gogic be a better bet than Watson? If Seaborne had been fit, he'd have come on and it might not have reached six. Canning can't be blamed for our injury crisis.

Sometimes it is a struggle to support Scottish football. Could it be corrupt? Are our referees REALLY that incompetent? How do Rangers get all those home draws (eleven in a row, not counting the new format of the LC) and we always get away ties? I wouldn't blame folk for walking away but I need to keep going because if St Johnstone and Inverness can win a cup and Queen of the South and Falkirk can reach finals, I'm bloody sure that we can too.

If you're in need of a laugh, the Sunday Herald reporter likened Garner's challenge on Imrie to Father Ted kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse! :lol:

Good post. I was feeling quite confident at half time that we would get back in to it but the second goal so quickly after the break was a killer. As to the refereeing decisions, all were shocking, and all had a huge impact on the outcome of the game. Had the keeper been sent off so early, the game would have been vastly different. I'm not using that as an excuse just stating a fact.
Gaspode
Championship

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives