Aberdeen v Accies

Old match day threads will be moved here

Aberdeen v Accies

Postby Bluesy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:54 pm

Going to take the trip up there as I have a good feeling about it (and my son begged me)

No Dougie so who should play right mid?
Bluesy
Premiership

Re: Aberdeen v Accies

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:27 pm

I am the opposite, don't feel that confident; we are defo not at the levels we were and that is not really surprising.

A draw would be brilliant and then we can focus on the 2 upcoming games which we should look to take 6 points from
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby RyanT » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:55 pm

Reckon these next few games will define where this season is going, since the other teams seem to have caught onto our style of play now. Can we mix things up a touch, sort out the defensive errors, and pull off a good win here? I really hope so...

Tough game, but if we really want to compete in the top half, we need to be able to handle teams like Aberdeen.
RyanT
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:48 pm

For the second time this season we need to review our objectives/goals/hopes. Time to go to where they were on day 1, it was great whilst it lasted and yes teams will be respecting us more but also it was clear that the quality we have wasn't that much better than that of the teams at the bottom to justify the gap that was there.

Arguably having more of the squad available is causing Alex problems and he is perhaps tempted to tinkering more than required at times? After last week how Scotland starts is beyond me and Gills is in the same bracket; how we start with Routledge AND Gills in the same team takes a wee bit of explaining to me - perhaps my theory that Alex would play Gills in goals is justified :roll: . Last week we seemed to want to crowd the middle and perhaps we were doing the same today, but it sounds like the second half today is the doin that Aberdeen could have given us in the cup game. Even when playing great we didn't have great discipline and the manager's example is lacking in this regard today.

So a few defeats and the form of a team at the bottom and losing a number of goals as well. We need to dig in now an get back to the grounded way we were, the manager needs to decide his best 11 and maybe he will need to stick with it even when things don't go great rather than changing. From now we can look to target games at home and any draw away will be fine.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Expected defeat today , what is our problem with corners ? is it not marking up , being bullied in the box or lack of height ?
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:00 pm

For all that we've fell away, it's worth pointing out that we still haven't lost two league games in a row yet. Killie have just come off 4 in a row and that's Dundee 2 in a row having already lost 3 in a row. I know, next week!

Our leaky defence is worrying as is our discipline which the manager can't really do anything about if he keeps getting booked while on the touchline! I would go back to Devlin and Tena as it worked well during our great run of clean sheets.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:43 am

Well another grand day out (not). Canning summed up our performance today. In the second half the ball fell to him. He was not under immediate pressure and could have cleared the ball up the park, hit it out for a throw in but no he swivelled round and kicked it out for a corner. His fellow defenders went ballistic :oops: It's all very well criticising Scotland but he really tried today and for the second week running without any real assistance from the midfield. Even with 22 back there was little creativity. As others have said Alex seems to be tinkering with little effect. Next week it's time to shut up shop and a point would be a very good result. Oh and a word to Aberdeen Fc it's bad enough paying £24 to be stuck in a corner but what tube decided that we could only occupy half of the section allocated to us just to make it easier for the stewards. how difficult is it to monitor 100 fans. no wonder crowds are down now I know how lepers feel like
Alfie Olek

Postby Bluesy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:57 am

Nothing went right today. Crawford, McGovern and Devlin had pass marks but that was it
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:16 am

I think it's lack of hight that makes us so bad at set pieces!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:33 pm

Canning and Devlin are both tall enough but Ash Taylor must be 6ft 5. But we do seem to be having problems week in week out now with corners.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby H9crx » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:48 pm

Yes Devlin canning and Mac are all tall but when Mac Is not playing we don't have enought hight to mark up, inverness , dundee and Aberdeen are all big teams.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Bonjella » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:13 pm

As a fan who has not missed a game this season these trips are getting harder and harder to justify, what has happened to this team from the early heights of the season.

Don't feel the need to rant and vent for the sake of it but my observations are as follows,

How our left back is a Scottish Int & starter at all the levels of his young career is beyond me, he can't tackle & 90% of the time out of position. I'm there every week and just cant see any positives in his play, I think its time for Macdonald to at least make the bench and push for the place Tena or GG is not an option ether.

Why can Redmond be played in the middle of the park? wasted in the wing however gives his all whenever plays, needs to start each game.

Ziggy needs to get back to his normal game, is he fit? I don't see him bursting into his normal style tackles like he can. He may be suffering confidence issues like others are.

Upfront I feel we need a total re-vamp speed & strength is severely lacking for us especially at this level, this needs to be addressed at January or I fear the worse. Also whoever plays up front needs to be drilled each session on saying onside, I forever cringe at how many times we are caught each week.

I could go on but I feel most die hard's all know what needs to change but what I will say, we need to be tougher & have more spine. Its painful seeing our midfield & defence out muscled for most of the 2 balls, sort this out and we may have a chance against Dundee.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Bonjella
Pub League

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:31 am

MacDonald was supposed to have had a really good game for Dumbarton at weekend , maybe when he comes back he will get a chance , Accies starting line-up should be as near as it can to the team who won at parkhead and Fir park , that means no Canning or Routledge . What has MAC done to deserve to be dropped ?
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby WILF » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:48 am

Maybe I'm more optimistic than some but I don't think there is too much wrong.

We are on a sticky run but our last 3 league defeats have been away to Aberdeen, Inverness and Dundee, all very tough places to go. We are still picking up points at home.

Individual errors continue to haunt us and for me Hendrie needs to drop outt. Not just his obvious clanger on Saturday but just his all round play is laboured, slow, nervous and his positioning and ability in the air at corners is very poor. He is the obvious weak link and if we had a replacement I'm sure we'd use him.

All that said I fancy us to win on Saturday as we owe Dundee a doing.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Return to Match Day Archives