Accies .V. Aberdeen - Match Thread

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Aberdeen - Match Thread

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:25 pm

Even if Devlin hadn't scored he was MOTM by a mile. His best ever performance. Sarris got his head on a lot too but what a bombscare he can be. Hilarious overhead kick attempt! Imrie made some good interceptions but jeezo, he was garbage with the ball at his feet. I take it Adams isn't trusted to play the wing back role and isn't a centre back, so why sign him? Daz was mindless to charge in like that, leaving no room for error and now he misses Tynecastle, already being out suspended for Ibrox. At least Greg and Ali are back to make up for it. Woods did well, crowded out at many corners so couldn't come for them, but he really didn't have many shots to save. Every player gave absolutely everything and deserved the ovation at the end.

We seem to have got the breaks with that first half foul. It was right in front of me, I couldn't believe he didn't give it. Only four minutes added was a joke too, I think Kurtaj started going backwards at one point when he came off. Still, we were due a break. Can't see much happening at Ibrox but if they lose tomorrow night, you have to wonder at the size of the crowd. May struggle to reach 25,000. You never know. Ninth place, at least for one night, is a lovely sight but main thing is Celtic gub Inverness and we have a wee gap again.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:25 pm

accies1874 wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:Terrible performance, terrible selection and terrible tactics. Cracking result and cracking work rate.

Don't think I have seen a more fortunate 3 points for Accies ever. I still think 5 at the back is not the answer, 3 in the middle leaves us chasing shadows and we don't have 2 strikers so why we go 352 is beyond me.

Devlin can chase any shirts from opponents if he puts in performances like that. Kurtaj and Redmond were shocking with Bingham and Imrie not far behind.

)
That was absolutely incredible. There weren't many things good about us other than Woods (despite some flapping), Devlin and McMann. However I'd take playing like that for the rest of the season if it meant staying up.

Both quotes are near the truth. Kurtaj lacked self-belief and effort. A man waiting for it to happen for him rather than try to make it happen. Didn't see Danny as bad as quoted. Bingham had little service in a game were always going toi be defending for most of it. Dougie wasted the few oppotunities we had on break-aways. No mention of Daz driving forward almost as an attacker. Unfortunate to be red carded and to miss the Hearts game now. Sarris was all over the place in more ways than one, but somehow we get a HUGE three points where most Accies optimists would have given an eyetooth for one point before the game.

Puts a lot more pressure on the teams below us now :D :D
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TheThirdProclaimer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:32 pm

Superb result. I thought on Friday night when Inverness beat Rangers that we didn't look like a getting that type of win this season, and that other teams might get away from us. As usual this season, random results all over the place keeps us amongst the pack, and 9th(ish) for at least a day. That'll do me.

Devlin was immense, great ball from Redmond for the goal as well. Less impressive were Kurtaj and I thought Imrie was absolutely dreadful. Absolutely no right foot at all, and constantly cutting back towards the keeper instead of driving down that wing like the old Dougie. Time for a rest I think, and get Adams in for a bit. On to Saturday, I'll be watching from a distance...
TheThirdProclaimer
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:34 pm

That just proves we won't win on Saturday now :lol: No more luck left and they'll all be done in.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby AmanAccie » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:37 pm

Absolutely brilliant result with desperate defending at times and we rode our luck, but the fight was there. We offered nothing upfront apart from the goal but to stand up against a team like Aberdeen and come out with a clean sheet and 3 points is fantastic. It was torture from the moment we scored but when we put it in perspective we are where we are and Aberdeen are the 2nd best team in the league. Seeing us move up to 9th is exactly what we needed tonight. It should give us a wee lift for Saturday as well.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:17 am

We have been due a lucky win when you consider all the dropped points start of the season.

We basically ended up with six fit players on the pitch if you include Skondras,Sarris,Crawford and Docherty.Plenty fight in the team in adversity and it was appreciated by all of us at the game.

Yes,we will be up against it Saturday,but they are miles off Celtic who we contained for large parts on Saturday;they play tomorrow remember so that evens up our exertions tonight.A bit more attacking threat and we will give them a game.We have nothing to fear,but fear itself.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby monkeybones » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:16 am

Well done on 3 points.

Danny Redmond. Oh my god. Horrendous.
If you recorded it on BT. Go watch him
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:03 am

[quote="redandwhite1874"]Terrible performance, terrible selection and terrible tactics. Cracking result and cracking work rate.

Don't think I have seen a more fortunate 3 points for Accies ever. I still think 5 at the back is not the answer, 3 in the middle leaves us chasing shadows and we don't have 2 strikers so why we go 352 is beyond me.

Devlin can chase any shirts from opponents if he puts in performances like that. Kurtaj and Redmond were shocking with Bingham and Imrie not far behind.[/quote

Haw negative Norris why don't you just savour the victory and 3pts. We don't need this sort of negativity on here :D
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:08 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:Terrible performance, terrible selection and terrible tactics. Cracking result and cracking work rate.

Devlin can chase any shirts from opponents if he puts in performances like that. Kurtaj and Redmond were shocking with Bingham and Imrie not far behind.

Spot on only reason we did not get pumped was that when we made the usual mistakes in defence Aberdeen did not Take the chances.

Only positive was we were able to defend 20 corners! Small progress?

Stinking formation, dreadful passing, horrendous Hold up play. Fantastic effor and determination to see out the game out

100% luck
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:27 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:

Devlin can chase any shirts from opponents if he puts in performances like that. Kurtaj and Redmond were shocking with Bingham and Imrie not far behind.[/quote

Haw negative Norris why don't you just savour the victory and 3pts. We don't need this sort of negativity on here :D

Good point; I suppose one minute you post gloomy match reports and the next you could be posting lies about the club and the Vault's bus ;)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:53 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:

Good point; I suppose one minute you post gloomy match reports and the next you could be posting lies about the club and the Vault's bus ;)

Not me Norris I don't tell lies
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby ColinS » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:30 pm

Fantastic 3 points by the team. Haven't smiled as much at a game in ages.
That said we were extremely lucky but I will take it anyway.
We really need to try more to stop crosses coming into the box. Time and again we fail to close in the opposition and failed to prevent crosses into the box and that usually causes us serious problems. Fortunate to get away with it last night.
I feel sorry for Dougie as for years he has been one of our most influential players but this has been his worst season ever and he was pretty poor again last night.
Kurtai was off the pace all night - doesn't seem fit and lacks confidence which is a shame cause imo he is a skilful player - just needs to be sharper.
Everyone elso gave of their best and got an unexpected but fantastic result.
Onward and upward.
Keep on believing.
C'mom the Accies :-)
C'mon the Accies
Keep on believing
ColinS
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:43 pm

ColinS wrote:Fantastic 3 points by the team. Haven't smiled as much at a game in ages.
That said we were extremely lucky but I will take it anyway.
We really need to try more to stop crosses coming into the box. Time and again we fail to close in the opposition and failed to prevent crosses into the box and that usually causes us serious problems. Fortunate to get away with it last night.
I feel sorry for Dougie as for years he has been one of our most influential players but this has been his worst season ever and he was pretty poor again last night.
Kurtai was off the pace all night - doesn't seem fit and lacks confidence which is a shame cause imo he is a skilful player - just needs to be sharper.
Everyone elso gave of their best and got an unexpected but fantastic result.
Onward and upward.
Keep on believing.
C'mom the Accies :-)

Watched the game back, Derek Rae said he'd been chatting to Kurtaj, who felt he was only now just getting started this season after all his injuries. Maybe would stick with him for Saturday. Big stage, plenty of room especially with that defence. Could be a good game for him.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:20 pm

monkeybones wrote:Well done on 3 points.

Danny Redmond. Oh my god. Horrendous.
If you recorded it on BT. Go watch him

Really? I'd look at Imrie and Kurtaj before pointing the finger at Redmond who I thought battled hard all night.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:19 am

Absolute nail biter. Legs were shaking for around 45 minutes!
Mikey Devlin with maybe his best performance in an Accies shirt.
Sarris had some decent clearances. Skondras is obviously not match fit, he was gassed after 30 minutes and Aberdeen tortured him down that wing.
Dougie needs dropped, NOWWWW. i keep harping on, but my favourite player last season has quickly become a one footed, slow reaction waste of jersey so far this season. Great fight from Mackinnon as always, thought the second yellow was suspect and you can see in the replay online that it was a dive.
I believe Redmond had a good game tbh, he was picking up balls and moving forward, rubbish in the air but can spot a pass.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:11 pm

Kurtaj and Imrie were defo worst for us. Kurtaj you can excuse this week since he's been out for a while, but Imrie has needed dropped for weeks.

Redmond was decent after been poor lately.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Yes redmond wasn't at his most effective but bearing in mind he's up against a midfield of McGinn McLean Shinnie and Christie. Shinnie is superb, controlled the game in the middle in the first half then roasted us 2nd half when he had to back to left back.

Better players than him will perform exaclty the same. It's a learning curve for him. Luckily he won't face that level of midfield player tomorrow :shock:
Big Wurzil
Championship

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives