Old match day threads will be moved here

Celtic .V. Accies - Post Match Thread

Postby Admin » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:35 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Celtic .V. Accies - Post Match Thread

Postby accies1874 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:02 pm

Bit of a nothing game. We never troubled them, but we did alright at the back. Onto the next one.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:03 pm

Feared an absolute doing so I'll take that. Goal difference could still play a part and we are nine goals better off than Motherwell.

This may seem trivial but can someone figure out how Accies win the toss, Celtic kick off and we let them kick towards their favoured ends? (from Accies twitter). The only thing I can think of is that there was a wind in our favour. We get made to change occasionally, most sides do, but only Motherwell have made Celtic change and no one has done it at Ibrox. You surely have to make use of every advantage at these places, no matter how tiny. Yes, it probably would have made no difference and we did well over two visits there to only be 0-3 down. Good to see Greg back on the bench, just need Ali back now. Still puzzled at Adams omission.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:09 am

Parked the bus, Donati crap again and gave away a stupid penalty. Plus point was the return of Greg Docherty. Let's move on
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:33 am

Bomber Harris wrote:Parked the bus, Donati crap again and gave away a stupid penalty. Plus point was the return of Greg Docherty. Let's move on

Donati was indeed shocking but who'd replace him? The whole squad is very poor which is why I have a bit of sympathy with Canning (although I think he should be gone).
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:12 am

accies1874 wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:Parked the bus, Donati crap again and gave away a stupid penalty. Plus point was the return of Greg Docherty. Let's move on

Donati was indeed shocking but who'd replace him? The whole squad is very poor which is why I have a bit of sympathy with Canning (although I think he should be gone).

Hopefully a fit Jesus soon.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby cdisaaccie » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:46 am

Jesus replied to Tatty (I know) saying that he expected to be back fit before Easter.

Sarris is back as well so soon no reason for Donati to play CB, especially as we've now signed this Gogic guy too.
Now if only someone could persuade Canning to drop Imrie + play Adams at LB where he should be unless we revert to a back 4 in which case McMann deserves to keep his place by switching to LB
cdisaaccie
Pub League

Postby Bluesy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:10 am

Thought we did well to be honest and delighted to see docherty back.
Not convinced yet on Adams. I wouldn't mind McMann as left wing back if we can get Sarris or Jesus (or new guy) in at the centre.
Skondras coped really well yesterday with an onslaught down their left.
seaborne could change light bulbs or get stuff down from the top shelf in the office.
So gutted that Daz and Danny are both suspended for the cup but if Dochery and Crawford were playing I'd still be hopeful.
What is the story on Crawford?
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:28 am

The problem was we were never gonna score. Despite limiting Celtic to very little, we weren't gonna keep them at bay all game - they've scored in every league game this season! Hopefully Doc can start featuring again. That dive from Kurtaj was embarrassing, by the way.
Got to change the formation for next week, in my opinion. The 5 at the back pushes us back too easily and gives us very little variety. The 4-1-4-1 we started the season with, and played under the halcyon days under Neil, looks our best best but we don't have the wingers or another centre-back to partner Devlin for it :lol:
accies1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:01 pm

cdisaaccie wrote:Jesus replied to Tatty (I know) saying that he expected to be back fit before Easter.

Easter sounds an ominous time for Jesus :o
porcupine
Premiership

Postby beckfordlodge » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:42 pm

accies1874 wrote:

Sympathy with Canning, your having a laugh. I submit in evidence Richard Roy. Anyone who watched him and thought he's a player deserves no sympathy.
beckfordlodge
Pub League

Postby accies1874 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:30 pm

Canning clearly doesn't sign the players.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Dr Slippy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:23 pm

Never laid a glove on Celtic, but the biggest disappointment for me was our senior players chasing Celtic players for their tops After full time - embarrassing. Mikey Devlin our captain, hung your head in shame !! I believe Imrie was another.

If they must do this it should be out of sight of the fans. This just shows that these players do not regard themselves as equals of the opposition. If I was Les/Canning I would give Mikey a rocket up his arse for this.
Dr Slippy
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:26 pm

Dr Slippy wrote:Never laid a glove on Celtic, but the biggest disappointment for me was our senior players chasing Celtic players for their tops After full time - embarrassing. Mikey Devlin our captain, hung your head in shame !! I believe Imrie was another.

If they must do this it should be out of sight of the fans. This just shows that these players do not regard themselves as equals of the opposition. If I was Les/Canning I would give Mikey a rocket up his arse for this.

Said this after the game. In my opinion, it's just unprofessional and is disrespectful to the fans who've paid £26 to see you chase Celtic players and grovel for their shirts.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby ManfromWaikato » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:18 am

accies1874 wrote:
Dr Slippy wrote:Never laid a glove on Celtic, but the biggest disappointment for me was our senior players chasing Celtic players for their tops After full time - embarrassing. Mikey Devlin our captain, hung your head in shame !! I believe Imrie was another.

Said this after the game. In my opinion, it's just unprofessional and is disrespectful to the fans who've paid £26 to see you chase Celtic players and grovel for their shirts.

100% agree, but some of our fans are just as bad - slavering over a cup-tie with Sevco when the Partick Thistle game was far more important. Embarrassing all round.
ManfromWaikato
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:23 am

Donati...good god. I was really excited when he joined and his debut showed great promise. Lazy tackle for the penalty, absolutely putting Celtic out of touch. Lunging in and not reading Dembele's movements for the first also.
Bingham + anyone else outwith D'Acol just has no results. Credit to Daz for driving at Celtic when the opportunity is given. Dougie had a really good chance, with his shot pretty much summing up his season. Greg played an excellent cross in towards the end to Brophy.
The clammering for shirts thing was rather embarassing, who else apart from Devlin did it? It's like admitting they won't be seeing Celtic next season, disgrace.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:18 pm

Imrie did it as well. Think it was just the two of them, but the fact it was one of our most senior players (and manager of one of the youth sides) and our captain was poor.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:49 pm

accies1874 wrote:Imrie did it as well. Think it was just the two of them, but the fact it was one of our most senior players (and manager of one of the youth sides) and our captain was poor.

Imrie has been abysmal all season. He's been tasked with being a wing back, but he can seemingly neither defend nor attack anymore.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:38 pm

The club captain again at fault

The second goals was due to the powered Puff header form MD.

We need a new Captain and Manager
H9crx
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:37 pm

judgeflash wrote:D
The clammering for shirts thing was rather embarassing, who else apart from Devlin did it?

Could not make this game, but did this not also happen last time we played at Celtic Park, and the players were slated on this forum for it? If so, clearly lessons have not been learned, or the Club neither gave out clear instructions to the players on this beforehand, or were simply not interested in what type of message it gave out.

Why don't we swop shirts every week with our opponents, then? Apart from the prohibitive cost? Celtic are just another (but good) team playing in the same league as us. Had we been involved in a European Tie, then I would have fully expected our players to want a unique memento of the occassion.
porcupine
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives