The Pars V Accies ( scottish cup )

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: The Pars V Accies ( scottish cup )

Postby judgeflash » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:58 am

Bomber Harris wrote:Once again Donati pushed up and changed the game. should of won that in 2nd half but draw will do. What does brophy bring btw? he's was rotten infact he's a poor mans Andy Ryan and once again daz Mackinnon top class. another big cup crowd again well done all who made the effort.

Brophy has very little pace and zero power. With D'Acol at least he can win the ball in the air or hold the ball up, Brophy spends half his time on his arse.
Gillespie was very poor, Sokrandis looks nowhere near match fit, so it was wise to bring Dougie on.
Why Matthews has got the spot over Woods I'lll never know, insanity. Woods has been great for us, Matthews is flaky.
I can confirm the guys at the back were certainly chanting "Team full of losers" Which is a pretty horrific chant. Donati into attack caused some issues, the lack of height in our midfield is certainly a problem. Any combo of Dougie/redmond/Ali/Gillespie is leaving us with very little physicality in those positions.

We started very very well, out played them then got absolutely DOMINATED. For those not there, i wouldn't look at the 'promising stats' they had opportunities to score an easy 3 goals and fluffed all the opportunities thankfully.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:21 am

judgeflash wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:Once again Donati pushed up and changed the game. should of won that in 2nd half but draw will do. What does brophy bring btw? he's was rotten infact he's a poor mans Andy Ryan and once again daz Mackinnon top class. another big cup crowd again well done all who made the effort.

Brophy has very little pace and zero power. With D'Acol at least he can win the ball in the air or hold the ball up, Brophy spends half his time on his arse.
Gillespie was very poor, Sokrandis looks nowhere near match fit, so it was wise to bring Dougie on.
Why Matthews has got the spot over Woods I'lll never know, insanity. Woods has been great for us, Matthews is flaky.
I can confirm the guys at the back were certainly chanting "Team full of losers" Which is a pretty horrific chant. Donati into attack caused some issues, the lack of height in our midfield is certainly a problem. Any combo of Dougie/redmond/Ali/Gillespie is leaving us with very little physicality in those positions.

We started very very well, out played them then got absolutely DOMINATED. For those not there, i wouldn't look at the 'promising stats' they had opportunities to score an easy 3 goals and fluffed all the opportunities thankfully.

Although over the 90 mins it was probably even (or we are likely to have had more possession); you are right that they had chances to go 2 and 3 up before we created too much and there is no coming back from that.

I agree that Redmond gets dominated physically but I think Ali has shown that he can live with that side of the game - he wins fouls and is sharp enough to do so; Danny gets pushed aside too easy too often for me. A midfield with Daz and Donati can live with a smaller player beside them but to achieve that we need to drop the failed experiment of 3 at the back - certainly in games we should be looking to win.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:18 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
judgeflash wrote:

Although over the 90 mins it was probably even (or we are likely to have had more possession); you are right that they had chances to go 2 and 3 up before we created too much and there is no coming back from that.

I agree that Redmond gets dominated physically but I think Ali has shown that he can live with that side of the game - he wins fouls and is sharp enough to do so; Danny gets pushed aside too easy too often for me. A midfield with Daz and Donati can live with a smaller player beside them but to achieve that we need to drop the failed experiment of 3 at the back - certainly in games we should be looking to win.

No, they had three chances to go 2-0 up. If the second goal goes in, the other exact chance or chances don't happen, the whole course of the game is different.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby AlMac » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Interesting to read about Dunfermline potentially scoring a second goal and what might have happened thereafter. However, I thought that we were the better team prior to the first goal and squandered several good chances to take the lead.....
AlMac
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:55 pm

Adams being dropped surprises me, but Kurtaj in for Brophy isn't too surprising. Can see us going to a 4-5-1 tonight.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:00 pm

Looks like a deliberately weakened team to me with one eye on Saturday.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:53 pm

That'll do.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:03 am

Wonder how much they'll have left for Firhill? Hope it was worth it. Mackinnon out for Ibrox thanks to stupid booking. WTF was that selection all about?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:11 am

The performance was awful, but the fact that we're through is all that matters. The formation was clear to see at the start (essentially what Chelsea play), but we completely lost all shape after a while. Long balls up to Bingham/Brophy will never ever work. Still, Matthews is some boy, eh?
accies1874
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives