Accies v ICT

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies v ICT

Postby accies1874 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:28 pm

Not great, but you never really know. He was clearly in agony after the first challenge, and he went down in a heap again only seconds later. He could walk off the pitch, but it's always hard to tell.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:28 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Brilliant result and a nice boost to the GD too. Great to see strikers scoring. Slightly concerned about extent of Crawford's injury, with Docherty still out. Wasn't there due to family commitments but how bad did it look?

Match on ALBA Thursday night 11pm.

Ankle knock that looked a sore one; probably be a big doubt for Saturday.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:11 am

Penalty save was huge tonight as that could've gave them a bit of impetuous.

They were poor, everything and for those who weren't there, everything went long, midfield completely bypassed. If we had dropped points against that tonight then I would've chucked it if I was an Accies player.

They had only 1 other effort on goal from the sub from 25 yards after 70 odd minutes which woods dealt with with ease.

Thought the back 3 were comfortable all night
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:21 am

To be fair, everything went long to utilise Bingham's pace and their lack of pace at the back.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:02 am

The kind of result we should have been getting in a few of those drawn home games in the first half of the season.
Gillespie looked a different player in midfield,while the new boy Blair Adams did well when he came on.Bingham should hopefully kick on now;he produced a performance some of us felt he had in him.

Win on Saturday and we will bring the likes of Thistle,Dundee,Ross County and Motherwell into the mix.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:53 am

From what I'm led to belive and from what I heard on the radio accies where a different team and played better when Ali went off. Can anyone clarify this? 2nd win this season I've missed due to midweek game and got me thinking that we should just play games midweek so I can't go then win. Well done accies but now need to take that performance into Saturday.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:14 am

Bomber Harris wrote:From what I'm led to belive and from what I heard on the radio accies where a different team and played better when Ali went off. Can anyone clarify this? 2nd win this season I've missed due to midweek game and got me thinking that we should just play games midweek so I can't go then win. Well done accies but now need to take that performance into Saturday.

I would say we did play better after Ali went off. Of course that is entirely different from speculating that we played better because he went off. We always looked the better team and after the penalty save we just continued that. Gills better in the middle albeit he doesn't bring the creativity of Ali.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Euan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:29 am

We looked better after Ali went off, the play was faster than usual with more variation,rather than always going through Crawford.
Good performance but just as well they were poor as we continued to be careless at the back and couldn't clear our lines during a spell late in the game.
Euan
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:11 am

Brilliant stuff. ICT tried to bully us ala Ross County but we remained calm and played the better football.
Devlin with probably his best performance I've seen in years, actually led by example and was great in the air.
D'Acol did some great holding up with the ball, to allow others to join the attack, a trait that often goes unnoticed.
Binghams pace absolutely done them, a bit more composure/confidence and he will regularly start to score.
Let these 2 build a partnership for the love of god, they're the perfect fit. One is an aerial threat capable of holding up the ball, the other is pace personified.
Mackinnon tireless as always, no idea what he was doing humping the keeper.
Adams looked rather good, likes to play VERY high up the pitch, which can either work for us or against us.
Woods continues to show why he should be our number 1. He fills me with confidence, great shot stopper.
Aside from some dodgy passing, Donati his found great form.

Boyd, lacking physical stature *still is very young*, he seems to have very good dribbling and great pace. Brophy really should be on the road out now, especially if we do sign another striker. D'Acol/Bingham, with Boyd playing the super sub.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Yer Sisters Yer Maw » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:14 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:From what I'm led to belive and from what I heard on the radio accies where a different team and played better when Ali went off. Can anyone clarify this? 2nd win this season I've missed due to midweek game and got me thinking that we should just play games midweek so I can't go then win. Well done accies but now need to take that performance into Saturday.

They probably did but Ali had the assist for the 1st goal after whipping in a v good corner.
Yer Sisters Yer Maw
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:04 pm

Yer Sisters Yer Maw wrote:

They probably did but Ali had the assist for the 1st goal after whipping in a v good corner.

Agreed ^ good corner to the front post from Ali. When he went off, the change of Gils coming into midfield made a difference. Mackinnon also has potential in a centre mid position, he doesn't seem scared to run at defenders with pace.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:12 pm

And it's worth mentioning that Danny Redmond had a good game too, even though he was physically pushed around all night. Not afraid of getting into tackles and fitted fine into the mid-field. Daz is still the workhorse of the team, and other than the one abberation of 'falling' over the keeper, and booked for it, he out muscled every opponent with tireless energy. I would have given him MOTM, but D'Acols significant contribution was great to see.

We looked a team last night, even without Ali, and much more inventive because of that after he went off.

Approach Killy with the same game plan, and who knows?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:24 pm

porcupine wrote:And it's worth mentioning that Danny Redmond had a good game too, even though he was physically pushed around all night. Not afraid of getting into tackles and fitted fine into the mid-field. Daz is still the workhorse of the team, and other than the one abberation of 'falling' over the keeper, and booked for it, he out muscled every opponent with tireless energy. I would have given him MOTM, but D'Acols significant contribution was great to see.

We looked a team last night, even without Ali, and much more inventive because of that after he went off.

Approach Killy with the same game plan, and who knows?

I think our midfield struggles from a physical standpoint most of the time. Dougie/Ali/Redmond all fail 9 times out of 10 in a physical battle or fall on their arse. Mackinnon is a definite presence, Gramoz at least offers a bit more physicality and posture also. Grant coming into midfield and Adams playing very high on the wing gave us plenty of options.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby dashed » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:41 am

judgeflash wrote:
Yer Sisters Yer Maw wrote:

Agreed ^ good corner to the front post from Ali. When he went off, the change of Gils coming into midfield made a difference. Mackinnon also has potential in a centre mid position, he doesn't seem scared to run at defenders with pace.

Yep, Ally had good assist (but free header). You almost forget that Gillespie used to be an attacking midfielder with Alec Neil holding. I said when they changed that Gils is good for late runs into the box and that's how he scored. He plays more one touch stuff than Ally but Crawford still has best vision. Balance of team seemed better - still struggled to clear lines but got clean sheet. MacKinnon was immense - loved how he kept pushing their sub Cole backwards. Redmond worked hard defending but kept taking too many touches going forward. Imrie chased every ball - especially the one he fell over in 1st and 'all or nothing' tackle late in 2nd. Adams looked good - a bit of shooting practice and he could be dangerous. Bingham had great pace and assist then he made goal himself. Felt pretty good when that third went in! Last time we won 3-0 was July! :D
dashed
Pub League

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives