Partick Thistle .V. Accies - Scottish Cup

Old match day threads will be moved here

Partick Thistle .V. Accies - Scottish Cup

Postby Admin » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:52 pm

I actually think the Scottish Cup should be a bit of a priority now. Relegation would require an unprecedented run of defeats at this point, and realistically we aren't going to win the league. This is our big shot at glory with a team that seems quite capable. At the very least, we SHOULD be capable of getting to the semi finals and enjoying a big game at Hampden, provided we avoid Celtic in the drawing.

For this match against Partick, hopefully the recent defensive issues won't crop up again, since scoring doesn't seem to be a problem for us. Pretty excited!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Partick Thistle .V. Accies - Scottish Cup

Postby Alexander the Great » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:11 am

celtic ? as Aberdeen would have said last season in a one off game, who the f##^k are celtic.

team Saturday

mm

zg mc jt sh

gg

di ac ta dr

mc/eb
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:25 pm

Anything but a draw please. I couldn’t face playing Thistle again anymore than we have to. However keep it tight at the back and we should win this one.
Alfie Olek

Postby Bluesy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:57 pm

really hope we go with an unchanged team.

this is the year to do something in the cup!

I reckon Celtic will be out by Sunday
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:21 pm

I would expect a similar team but I think Routledge and McKinnon are better than Gillespie; albeit the latter has been playing well.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accie » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:57 pm

Thats as bad as I have seen this season. The midfield were woeful and evry 2nd touch was a tackle. On the few occasions Jason managed to hold the ball up there were no runners in support. Imrie should be fined the maximum possible for his stupidity, sheer petulance.
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:59 pm

A poor, poor display that leaves no one with any credit; as bad as we have seen from any of our poorer opponents this season. Surely we can't play as badly again.

So bad that perhaps its not worth further comment but Redmond looks more and more like a luxury in a team playing well and a passenger in one playing badly; and Scotland is not a starting option for me albeit our continued long ball directed by the manager? didn't give him any platform.

Tony is a very hard player to replace but its looks like Alex didn't try and played with Gills and McKinnon close to each other and with Redmond and Imrie tighter in the field as well. We had no space and ended up playing it long, almost half 4 before a shot on target. they missed a sitter and McGovern had a great save so like the Aberdeen cup game it could have been far, far worse.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:02 pm

Well that was poor. I assume Andreu was injured and if I thats how we play without him, God help us if he goes in January. I think we had 2/3 goal attempts the entire game. the ref was awful as well. Positive we should have had a corner second half when their keeper finger tipped a Tena free kick over the bar but no he gave a goal kick. He should have sent off a Partick player first half for a quick succession foul but bottled it As for Imries' sending off will need to see the replay. But even consistent refereeing wouldn't have saved us today.
Alfie Olek

Postby The Cisco Kid » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:08 pm

Shocking display worse than a pub team.
Applauding a player getting sent off get a grip.
The Cisco Kid
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:32 pm

Alfie Olek says it's all. Nothing much else to add other than I as in the direct line when Jesus hit the free kick and it was dipping into the top of the net when their keeper made a great tip over the bar. Then Clancy who had an absolute howler today, gave a goal kick.

I am sure that Jason was fouled twice without the ref bothering about the decision. One looked well into the penalty box. I just wonder if the TV clips of this game will show those poor decisions. I suspect not, ' cos after all, he IS a FIFA qualified referee and can do no wrong.

Despite him, we were a clear third best today. Only crumb of comfort about the result was the low entrance price and a great view from the centre of the old stand, much better than behind their goals.

Suppose we will hear that we were always concentrating on the League :oops:

Oh, and Andy Ryan apparently said that Tony Andreu was injured! which is why he did not figure anywhere.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:32 pm

As bad as I've seen us play in a long time. Four or even five goals wouldn't have flattered thistle. We got exactly what we deserved. If that's how we play without tony then we need to hope we keep ahold of him in January. Apart from crawfords run past a few defenders and shot in the first half its difficult to find any positives. And apart from McGovern I'd struggle to give anyone else pass marks.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:38 pm

Alex says we controlled the game and the ball? really?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:51 pm

I thought we played a bit better than everyone so far has said but we can have no real complaints about the outcome. We started the match well and Jason was certainly fouled twice just outside the box but the hopeless ref twice waved play on. For the second one, Jason had set himself up for a shot so why go down? Ali's run and shot was the big highlight of the half and I felt we were the better side when they scored.

Canning sold the second goal, as soon as he slid in and missed I felt it was a goal. We actually had by my count five decent efforts on goal - Crawford, Mackinnon, Longridge, Tena and Imrie but all but one of them was at 0-2. Conspiracy theorists are saying that Tony was left out because he's off to Celtic and they didn't want him cup tied!

Imrie's red was insane and laughable that some clapped him off. Misses next week now.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:27 pm

Not saying this because we're out the cup, but for me personally the Cup was never a priority. It was a bonus.

Don't get me wrong, I want Accies to win every game, but the league has always to be our number one aim.

To me, securing our league position and attempting to get a European position has got to be the goal.

If we can keep our top 6 position up until Jan 1, and then freshen a few things up - perhaps even a tinkering with the formation, hopefully we can go on another run.

Right now we look ordinary.

Fingers crossed we can keep Tony and a few of the better players until at least summer.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Park Materson » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:20 pm

Pure pish.
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:11 am

We're just not going to ever have a Cup run!

In a season where:
we've got a good team
all the top teams are drawn against each other, so the next round will have lots of lower league teams
Aberdeen and Motherwell are already out
There's a good chance Rangers and Celtic wil be out by tonight
...our best ever chance of reaching/winning a Scottish Cup Final
...and we're out before Christmas!

Why did expect anything else?
Euan
Premiership

Postby Admin » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:26 am

Ah, supporting the Accies. Should we have dared to imagine anything else? (ugh...) Still, we're doing bloody well in the league, so beggars can't be choosers, no?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby silverfox » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:46 pm

Strange formation today with 2 centre backs and 2 wing backs leaving us exposed at the back too many times.

This lead to pretty turgid staff with midfield overloaded and only 1 upfront ( which Jason now struggles with) in a one off cup match with a Thistle team there for the taking.
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:12 pm

I think yesterday was an experiment on another formation, possibly looking to see if Scotland is worth keeping hold of after xmas and how we as a team can do without #22

Did not work and we should have looked at young AB getting a run out
Last edited by H9crx on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Todd_is_God » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:14 pm

H9, am i missing a joke with you?

I refuse to believe anyone can possess such little ability to spell; It must be deliberate.

Why?
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to Match Day Archives