Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:30 am

Staying positive.

Losing 1-0 and 2-1 to the best 2 teams in the league is no disgrace. Those 2 teams already have will put many of the rest of the bottom 7 to the sword during the season.

Did anyone expect anything from Celtic park? No. Some people thought we'd sneak something against rangers, did they miss rangers last 2 results against aberdeen and hearts?

Yes the performance wasn't great but better players force weaker teams to play like that.

I think we've just been unfortunate on how the fixtures have landed after the postponed game v Celtic. Let's see where we are after the Aberdeen game and take it from there. It's not all doom and gloom.
Big Wurzil
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:09 pm

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:39 am

There wasn't much wrong with our first half display until Docherty went off and I agree with previous poster, Longridge should have replaced him. We started with a back four (433 according to Canning and Butcher but really 451) and switched at half time to a back 3/5. Bad move and after the quick goal we couldn't recover. Devlin was fine first half, read the play well, made good interceptions but was ball watching at the second and possibly made another bad error but memory is hazy.

I think we have to accept that they just had better players and give them some credit. I was very impressed by McKay. Ali was anonymous until the final kick and for the sponsors to give him MOTM, words fail me. McMann, Imrie, Redmond and Mackinnon were far more deserving. I notice Ali beaming away in the presentation picture on twitter. If I was him I would have been too embarrassed to accept it or at least have the good grace not to smile. Some of us were gutted last night but not Ali. And I speak as a bid fan of the guy.

Accies said this was a sell out but we had 700 empty seats in our end. What's going on there? Despite the £150 season ticket, did we still send out hundreds of freebies? And did they not turn up? I would have thought this was the sort of game the freeloaders would have turned up for. Happened last season too against Celtic, so called sell outs, we had about the same number of empty seats in both those games.
Stevie Clarke
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:58 am

Big Wurzil wrote:Staying positive.

Losing 1-0 and 2-1 to the best 2 teams in the league is no disgrace. Those 2 teams already have will put many of the rest of the bottom 7 to the sword during the season.

Did anyone expect anything from Celtic park? No. Some people thought we'd sneak something against rangers, did they miss rangers last 2 results against aberdeen and hearts?

Yes the performance wasn't great but better players force weaker teams to play like that.

I think we've just been unfortunate on how the fixtures have landed after the postponed game v Celtic. Let's see where we are after the Aberdeen game and take it from there. It's not all doom and gloom.

I agree with this. Too many posters letting their hatred of Rangers get in the way of objective analysis. The second best team in the league came here, played to their best, and narrowly beat us - no surprise really. Especially when we had to play both of the top two in the space of half a week. Somebody (Halliday?) nullified Crawford, and evidently they figured out if you stop Crawford playing you remove a big part of our threat.

Great to see a positive mindset developing, the belief shared by players and fans that we can get a result against the likes of Rangers, and yes, even Celtic. But no disgrace in narrow defeats. We'll win one soon. And we can get back to the business of taking points off our nearest rivals without our goal difference having taken more than the minimal hit. We're still in the mix.

And I didn't know Bomber Harris was a big Springsteen fan? :lol:
User avatar
Willie Wastle
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:58 pm
Location: Linkumdoddie

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby WAC » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:22 pm

Get rid of clownzo and we might have a chance of staying up, all this talk about drawing games we would have lost last, we could now lose our next 5 and be well bottom by January. Oh and I hope to fuck someone buys ali Crawford because 75% of the time hes worse than a man down.
WAC
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:19 am

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:40 pm

Canzo clownzo test will do well to relegate us from the worst top division in the history of Scottish football.
Chase Outlaw
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:08 pm

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:41 pm

Chase Outlaw wrote:Canzo The Boss test will do well to relegate us from the worst top division in the history of Scottish football.


Can I ask why you think this league is of a lessor quality than those in the 54-55 and 22-23 seasons? I think they were perhaps even poorer?
User avatar
redandwhite1874
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:47 am

Willie Wastle wrote:
Big Wurzil wrote:Staying positive.

Losing 1-0 and 2-1 to the best 2 teams in the league is no disgrace. Those 2 teams already have will put many of the rest of the bottom 7 to the sword during the season.

Did anyone expect anything from Celtic park? No. Some people thought we'd sneak something against rangers, did they miss rangers last 2 results against aberdeen and hearts?

Yes the performance wasn't great but better players force weaker teams to play like that.

I think we've just been unfortunate on how the fixtures have landed after the postponed game v Celtic. Let's see where we are after the Aberdeen game and take it from there. It's not all doom and gloom.

I agree with this. Too many posters letting their hatred of Rangers get in the way of objective analysis. The second best team in the league came here, played to their best, and narrowly beat us - no surprise really. Especially when we had to play both of the top two in the space of half a week. Somebody (Halliday?) nullified Crawford, and evidently they figured out if you stop Crawford playing you remove a big part of our threat.

Great to see a positive mindset developing, the belief shared by players and fans that we can get a result against the likes of Rangers, and yes, even Celtic. But no disgrace in narrow defeats. We'll win one soon. And we can get back to the business of taking points off our nearest rivals without our goal difference having taken more than the minimal hit. We're still in the mix.

And I didn't know Bomber Harris was a big Springsteen fan? :lol:


Aye big Bruce The Boss is some chanter
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:30 am

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby judgeflash » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:35 am

Another frustrating performance.
I don't know why Canning thought bringing in Devlin *who probably wasnt fit* was going to do exactly. It's like a broken record, but I said it when he was declared Captain, he's just not upto the job, shows very little leadership skills and certainly doesn't lead by example. I'm fairly sure for the second goal he didn't track the run, i'd need to see it back.

The shape held during Celtic was completely missing this time, it says a lot when the best defender on the pitch is Sarris. Mackinnon was my MOTM. He's been the biggest shock in form since I think i've watched Hamilton, wanted rid of him in summer, now he's been our MVP this season.

D'Acol was always going to stink the place up as a solo striker with no chances. Mcmann was very impressive, he showed some signs of inexperience but looked the part. Anonymous Ali may be his new name, although for the first time this season he actually committed to a header! *Small victories*

Rangers #10 & #4 for me were very impressive.
My biggest problem with this game was, Rangers are not anywhere near firing on full cylinders, this could have been the chance to play a high pressing game, take them out their comfort zone and snatch a valuable point/s. After being completely outclassed on Tuesday, Rangers are nowhere near the quality of Celtic, yet we let them appear to be.
judgeflash
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:59 am

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:29 am

I watched the game back in stages. Devlin didn't put a foot wrong in the first half but did lose Waghorn for the second, being drawn across towards the ball. He sclaffed a clearance late on too that could have led to a goal. Otherwise he was good but like a keeper, he cannot make two big mistakes and get away with it. I still think he is a good young defender but maybe we should use Sowah when he's fit again and put Donati back in Devlin's place. That's if we're still going 352. McMann looks very promising and seems to have done well as the left sided centre back at Celtic but maybe unfair to expect him to play that role regularly.

Imrie now suspended for the Motherwell game and with Docherty out too we have to hope Kurtaj gets fit or it will be youngsters like Cunningham or Hughes getting thrown in. Longridge should get some game time soon.
Stevie Clarke
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby judgeflash » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:13 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:I watched the game back in stages. Devlin didn't put a foot wrong in the first half but did lose Waghorn for the second, being drawn across towards the ball. He sclaffed a clearance late on too that could have led to a goal. Otherwise he was good but like a keeper, he cannot make two big mistakes and get away with it. I still think he is a good young defender but maybe we should use Sowah when he's fit again and put Donati back in Devlin's place. That's if we're still going 352. McMann looks very promising and seems to have done well as the left sided centre back at Celtic but maybe unfair to expect him to play that role regularly.

Imrie now suspended for the Motherwell game and with Docherty out too we have to hope Kurtaj gets fit or it will be youngsters like Cunningham or Hughes getting thrown in. Longridge should get some game time soon.

Devlin gets done for pace all the time, if he made up with it by having better judgement and instinct, then it wouldn't be that much of an issue. I did think he was snoozing for the 2nd goal. I don't hate Devlin, i just don't think he is worthy of a starting spot, let alone captaincy. Mikey might turn out to be a good prospect, he has had apparently over 127 first team games, I'm hoping he wll grow more competent.

Sowah looks very promising, also a lot more comfortable dribbling too. I'd be happy to see more of Mcmann. Longridge is very hit and miss, he may excel in the wing back role if given the opportunity, he certainly has the pace.
judgeflash
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:59 am

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:08 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:I watched the game back in stages. Devlin didn't put a foot wrong in the first half but did lose Waghorn for the second, being drawn across towards the ball. He sclaffed a clearance late on too that could have led to a goal. Otherwise he was good but like a keeper, he cannot make two big mistakes and get away with it. I still think he is a good young defender but maybe we should use Sowah when he's fit again and put Donati back in Devlin's place. That's if we're still going 352. McMann looks very promising and seems to have done well as the left sided centre back at Celtic but maybe unfair to expect him to play that role regularly.

Imrie now suspended for the Motherwell game and with Docherty out too we have to hope Kurtaj gets fit or it will be youngsters like Cunningham or Hughes getting thrown in. Longridge should get some game time soon.


Sowah is finished. Contact is up in 2 weeks with no signs of an extention.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:30 am

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby porcupine » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:11 am

[quote="Bomber Harris" Sowah is finished. Contact is up in 2 weeks with no signs of an extention.[/quote]

What? Are we not speaking to him? Or did you mean contract :roll: ?

Read somewhere that Canning was considering an extension for Sowah. But, maybe you have better sources.
porcupine
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:08 pm

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby judgeflash » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:31 am

Well, Richard Roy was signed for 4 months..so he should be on his way out *giving us a little bit more money towards actual players*
I hope we keep Sowah, he seems quite composed and not afraid to go on a run.
I've now watched back the game, Devlin cost us a goal, nearly 2. This is a regular occurence, I know Canning wants to promote youth, but he's not captain material. I don't believe I'm saying this, but with Mackinnons new found temperament and form, he's a shout for captaincy, as he seems to be the only one on the park communicating.

We were gifted a goal from Rangers, Halliday must have had a bet on for BTTS.
judgeflash
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:59 am

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:46 am

Hammy Ad tweeted that Sowah is expected to sign and Roy is leaving.
User avatar
redandwhite1874
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:58 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:Hammy Ad tweeted that Sowah is expected to sign and Roy is leaving.


Must of missed that. Hopefully true.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:30 am

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby judgeflash » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:42 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Hammy Ad tweeted that Sowah is expected to sign and Roy is leaving.

Good and good! What a pointless fucking signing that was. 4 months wages/registration fees etc for fuck all return. Hopefully Sowah signs and his fitness improves.
judgeflash
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:59 am

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:00 pm

Roy was a bit of a punt as we needed cover with Brophy stepping out of the u20s squad and with them also losing Boyd out on loan. It didn't really work out as reasonably as the rest of the signings for this year but there you go
User avatar
redandwhite1874
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Re: Accies v Rangers 16.12.16

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:30 pm

porcupine wrote:[quote="Bomber Harris" Sowah is finished. Contact is up in 2 weeks with no signs of an extention.


What? Are we not speaking to him? Or did you mean contract :roll: ?

Read somewhere that Canning was considering an extension for Sowah. But, maybe you have better sources.[/quote]

his contract is up after motherwell game. Miby resign him again end of January after winter break, don't know but his contract if defo up end of December.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
 
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:30 am

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest