Celtic Vs Hamilton - 13.12.16

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Celtic Vs Hamilton - 13.12.16

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:58 pm

Thought we were heading for another 1-1 for a minute. Very respectable and keeps our goal difference as the best in the bottom seven. Great to see young McMann come in and do so well. Selection headache now when everyone is fit.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:08 am

Second half performance was the best for a while.
Freshen it up a tad for Friday,a winnable game.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:22 am

Thought we were pretty solid tonight. I don't think you could complain about any player's contribution, but Doc or McMann was my MotM. Despite completely dominating the ball, Celtic only had 2 shots on target, and I'd say Donati's header was a better chance than most of theirs. Certainly would've taken a lot out of them for Friday, though.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:33 am

Really pleased with last night's performance. The line up looked really good.

Could have nicked a point in the end.

A really odd experience going to a game with absolutely zero hope of a point and just hoping not to get a hiding - THEN shouting myself hoarse in the last 10 minutes as we had a few breakaways and Craig Gordon plays for time at the end (how often will that happen at CP this season)?

Friday IS a winnable game in my opinion and we should go into next Saturday with much more hope.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:44 pm

Shame we didn't nick a point - sounds like the chance was there.

As for Friday being winnable, any other time I'd have said yes, but coming three days after a visit to Celtic Park, I'm more concerned. It's a tough bit of scheduling, and many other clubs would have been all over the media complaining about it. If we take anything, that would be a bonus.

Best things about last night were our goal difference didn't take a hammering, and our confidence must have got a boost. I just hope we've something left in the tank.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:17 pm

I dont know how anyone could say donati and imrie played well. Imrie was made to look like an amateur on the wing. Donati made some terrible passes, coupled with his lack of vision to see the celtic run for the goal.

Overall it wasnt embarassing. Redmond has some skill for sure, if he made the right decision on two counter attacks we may have snuck a goal. Same goes for brophy, bit more composure and he couldve at least placed a shot on target. We certainly didnt play 3-5-2. Imrie was constantly pulled in field. Was some interesting movement from a forward perspective, as rakish would drop into midfield and crawford or redmond would take his place briefly.

All in all, our goal diff dodnt take a pounding. To come away from celtic park only 1 down is no easy task nowadays.
judgeflash
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives