Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies V Partick Thistle match thread

Postby silverfox » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:38 pm

Your thoughts..............
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Re: Accies V Partick Thistle match thread

Postby WAC » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:55 am

think we all know everyones thoughts , another masterclass by clownzo.
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:44 am

1-1 draw was a fair result, played well in spells but so did Thistle who had stated it was their cup final.
Referee was awful, very inconsistent and spoiled the game a bit.
Euan
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:39 am

First half was a very poor game of football, but Thistle were just about worse than us. We had a couple of chances to kill it off in the second half, but on the whole, I thought were awful. I don't think Canning is to blame for yesterday; his subs were just about spot on, but Imrie's definitely been a man down lately. These draws could kill us, and we probably had to win today and next week given our run in December. 9 draws is just mental.
Anyway, up to 8th we go :oops:
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:56 am

In terms of inept performances it doesn't get much worse than that yesterday. I've watched juvenile games recently and never saw what I saw yesterday.

Basics.

Players can't volley a ball from a shy back to the thrower.

Players can't play a 10 yard pass to a team mate.

Balls getting played up,to d'col and it's obvious he can only flick it on and no one is even attempting to run off the flick on.

Players standing like statues in the box not reacting to 2nd balls.

All round a truly awful performance but we got a point but on another day that's a comfortable 3-0 loss.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:18 am

Clownzo out. never in a million years will he be a manager.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:24 am

352 or 532 whatever, it's just not suiting Crawford, Imrie and Gillespie. Midfield is nowhere, reliant on Mackinnon. Imrie can't do wing back and Gillespie is ok but badly missed in midfield. Donati was awful, rarely found his man. We urgently need a decent right back so Gills can move back to his proper position. As it is, if he did move we'd probably have Lyon at right back and that's not his position either. I'd go with 451 again for the next few games although that's would be a shame for Bingham as he'd probably drop out and he needs a run of games. He was ok, not much service but should have hit the target early in second half.

At least our scattergun foreign import policy seems to have found a gem in Sowah, easily MOTM. Seaborne is getting a bit of flack and he could have done better at the goal but I thought he was decent enough and Sarris was probably due to get dropped after the runaround he got last week.

We've only ever lost one league match at Inverness so another one is probably due. Despite badly needing a win, a point would be decent enough. Will they lose six in a row? I don't think they are that bad. Hope we don't arrive for them at the right time, as we did for Dundee.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:30 am

Wasn't at the Ross co game so didn't see what sarris done to be benched. I would've played him and pushed sowah out left and used his athleticism instead of Imrie as quite honestly imrie was very poor.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:33 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:Wasn't at the Ross co game so didn't see what sarris done to be benched. I would've played him and pushed sowah out left and used his athleticism instead of Imrie as quite honestly imrie was very poor.

I wasn't there either but saw enough from the highlights. Schalk ran him ragged. He was skinned by Johnsen for Hearts first goal too.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby WAC » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:01 pm

That big black boy up front for thistle tore devlin and seaborne a new arse hole, sarris would have out muscled him. How clownzo is in the paper today saying their is positives to take is mind boggling, and in January accept the first offer we get for Crawford cause he is hopeless, mackinnon is twice the football player of Crawford.
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:51 pm

Frustrating as it is to lose yet another lead, I suppose it represents progress from losing the first goal and having to fight back, which has been a feature of our games for the last season and a half. Can we continue to progress to not just carving out leads but holding onto them?

We're still hanging in there, in the middle of the pack, and could finish anywhere from 7th to 12th.

MacKinnon, btw, is a great competitor, but doesn't have a fraction of the skill Crawford has. They actually complement each other well.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:37 pm

Lets be up front about this our tactics at home to rival clubs needs to change , this 5 at the back against relegation rivals has to stop if we are to get out of trouble , these tactics are fine against better teams but not when we are after a win against a rival it is far to negative .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:48 am

Surely that's now the record for most leads lost in the premier division?

Mackinnon again, continues to battle like a soldier. Player of the season so far. I did harp on about D'Acol at the start of the season and I was right. Took good skill and balance to get a goal like that from nothing.
SPEAKING Of Balance, Seabourne, fuck me. That guy runs like he's on ice skates, turns like a fucking oil tanker, cannot anticipate a run, cannot get to a second ball, he also managed to fall on his arse walking backwards to head the ball away *leading to the goal* . Devlin continues to show zero leadership skills, whilst also being on par with seabourne in feckless-ability.
Crawford is the same old, he can give us a goal from nothing but 90% of the game he's anonymous.
The 5-3-2 3-5-2 is working. We are creating chances and making defenders work, the players let themselves down by getting deeper and deeper after leading.
Bingham and D'Acol need a little more time together to judge runs.
Dougie is struggling, obviously, he's went from one of our hardest working players to being unable to play a ball 10 yards. Despite being one of my favourite players in recent years, Quite simply if he can't play the position dealt, or one is not available elsewhere, he should be dropped.
I feel a lot better with Sowah on the pitch than Sarris. If only Jesus was fit we could drop Seabourne/Devlin.

For once, I can't really blame Canning too much, we still played 2 up front after going ahead, the captain was never in charge, never telling his players to push out, just letting Partick press and hit shots from range. Gillespie made some really crucial tackles, including the last ditch which stopped a likely goal.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:02 pm

Gillespie goes unoticed by far too many. He would have had MOTM for me. Still a big player for us in a number of positions. 100+% effort too.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:48 pm

porcupine wrote:Gillespie goes unoticed by far too many. He would have had MOTM for me. Still a big player for us in a number of positions. 100+% effort too.

he does a lot of the unrecognised work. two tackles in particular were outstanding, one certainly stopped a goal too. It's a shame our CB's play so far back, it doesn't allow Gillespie to start getting more forward, he's shown some promise going forward.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:36 pm

porcupine wrote:Gillespie goes unoticed by far too many. He would have had MOTM for me. Still a big player for us in a number of positions. 100+% effort too.

He's been good, but he still can do a better job in midfield than right wing-back.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:40 pm

2 up leaving us short in the middle too often, particularly the longer the game goes on and defending leads. MC either unable or unwilling to change it in the second hald, as presumably he feels if you start with 2 strikers its needs to stay that way.

We end up with 5 at the back with the holding midfielder almost making it 6. The system doesn't suit Ali or Dougie; and I think Sarris or Seaborne and Sowah would be better in a back 4 - 3 at the back is a change for how most CBs have spent most of their playing days so its not a surprise the offside trap is faulty and opponents seem to find space in the box.

The issue is supporting a lone striker but it can be done; and the benefit is the ability to win and keep the ball in the middle. In many of the games coming up 5 at the back will be suicide so we might as well adapt now.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accie » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:15 pm

WAC wrote: in January accept the first offer we get for Crawford cause he is hopeless, mackinnon is twice the football player of Crawford.

I'll have a pint of what you have been on. Daz is probably our most improved player this season but even his own mother would laugh at the idea of him being twice the footballer of Crawford. :P :P :P :P
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:42 pm

judgeflash wrote:The 5-3-2 3-5-2 is working. We are creating chances and making defenders work

We're really not. Dundee - how many chances did we create? Crawford's in the first 30 secs and not much else. Saturday, it was near half time before we got a corner, we were rarely near their box. Bingham had a decent shot and the goal and that was it. We did a bit better in the second, I would say we had about four chances.

It used to be that we started like a train but couldn't make our pressure tell. Now there is no pressure to begin with and we surrender the initiative from the early stages and never recover. We were damn lucky not to lose our last two games, if we lose at Inverness we could be looking at five defeats in a row before Motherwell come calling.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:22 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:
judgeflash wrote:The 5-3-2 3-5-2 is working. We are creating chances and making defenders work

We're really not. Dundee - how many chances did we create? Crawford's in the first 30 secs and not much else. Saturday, it was near half time before we got a corner, we were rarely near their box. Bingham had a decent shot and the goal and that was it. We did a bit better in the second, I would say we had about four chances.

It used to be that we started like a train but couldn't make our pressure tell. Now there is no pressure to begin with and we surrender the initiative from the early stages and never recover. We were damn lucky not to lose our last two games, if we lose at Inverness we could be looking at five defeats in a row before Motherwell come calling.

We had several goal scoring opportunities vs dundee. Why don't you talk about the amount of chances generated just days previous VS Aberdeen? We made them look amateur. Why not how well we played Vs Hearts with two up front? Absolutely threw that away. The formation DOES create chances, when the players perform. The solo striker doesn't suit our play style, D'Acol would go back to being ineffective.
judgeflash
Premiership

Return to Match Day Archives