Hamilton Vs Hearts 21.11.16

Old match day threads will be moved here

Hamilton Vs Hearts 21.11.16

Postby judgeflash » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:33 pm

Thoughts on tonights game guys?
Everyones fit and ready apart from the long term injuries to Remi and Jesus.
I'm hoping we push the pace and go with the 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 variation again.
judgeflash
Premiership

Re: Hamilton Vs Hearts 21.11.16

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Right now would take a point but a win would be a nice wee cushion before Ross County and Partick and take us up to seventh minimum. I'll go for 1-1, preferably with us coming from behind, in front of 2,212.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:13 pm

We matched them at times in the last game but at times they tore through us. 451 for me let's us kill the space and get forward in possession. Selection will be interesting as we have options.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:29 pm

3-0 Accies. Bingham, Roy and Redmond.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:17 pm

Monday night,(why) no thanks.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:43 pm

Sarris for Docherty 451 and dominate midfield, Kurtaj a passenger so far.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:26 pm

Sounds like a bit of a match.

Dubious penalty according to Derek Ferguson.....

Getting to that time again, leading by 1 goal with 10 left......

Hopefully, hang on for, what would be, a superb 3 pts.....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:33 pm

Fcuk, spoke too soon....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:31 pm

Kurtaj's header - Aaaarrrrggghhh! That was the match won right there. Pity as he had a cracking game especially the second half.

Imrie the weak link, not a great position for him but surely Sowah must start there now, if we're sticking with a back three/five. Stunning goal from Ali then a bad miss one on one and then they miss a sitter just after. A draw is probably fair, though the penalty is dodgy by all accounts. Thought it was just a coming together. Credit to Canning for not just sitting back at 3-2 and even at 3-3. We continued to press and looked the likeliest to score a fourth. Our corners are shocking though and need some practice.
Two great finishes from Bingham, especially the second. I was at that end and I'm not sure how it got past the keeper. I think it went over his shoulder at his near post. His confidence should be sky high now. Crawford's tackle was a shocker, taking one for the team is one thing, but he should have walked.

Gutting to drop points from 3-1 up but plenty of positives to take forward.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:45 pm

Not much to add from SC's post, other than Seabourne's performance which looked erratic on too many occasions. No idea, too, how Bingo scored his second goal. Real powerful shot from a tight angle.

We seem to have found a forward (at last) that can put the ball in the net, and both he and Kurtaj worked quite well together, give that Kurtaj has had very little game time this season.

I wouls also have taken a pont before the game, but it's clear that we can match those four/five at the top when we want to, and take points off them. Waht we DO need to do is not falter on the other six around us.

Ohh, and Ali is a lucky boy. His two footed lunge looked like a stonewalll red card any day. Look forward to seeing the highlights of the goals and this on BBC website tomorrow.

Those that stayed at home on a cold night missed a great game.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:58 pm

Another game another missed Crawford effort go in at half time 2-1. And he should've walked. Awful challenge

Was disappointed with hearts as thought they would cane us but aside from their 3 goals woods only made 1 save and that was 2nd half.

Still to see a team all season come here and pound us and yet we can't get more points.

Imrie must be running out of chances at the left wing back slot, hasn't got the legs for it.

Glad to see a change up top that could work so D'col and brophy need to up their game.

Think I'd rather see docherty in there before donati as his energy along with McKinnon harries players. Kitchen got too much time tonight playing full backs in with plenty time on the ball. McKinnons efforts led to the 3rd.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:14 pm

[quote="Big Wurzil"]Another game another missed Crawford effort go in at half time 2-1. And he should've walked. Awful challenge

You seem to miss the fact that he scored another free kick, he is our top scorer, and set up Bingham for our second goal with a lovely flick.

I agree, wholeheartedly, the tackle was poor and he should be doing better with the chances that he gets BUT, he is the one that gets himself into these positions time and again.

I feel that you are being overly harsh, focusing on two negative points from last night............you ask supporters of other SPFL sides about Accies players, they all mention Crawford.
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:14 pm

porcupine wrote:Those that stayed at home on a cold night missed a great game.

That was me. I pick and choose my evening games on a school night these days, and the bitter cold decided me (that, and concern about a possible traffic congestion hangover from the weekend). I kind of knew it would be a cracker after I decided that.

Great result, even if it could have been even better, and sounds like a great performance. We're evidently in this league on merit, and have every chance of staying up. If you think of all the games we've let go of a lead, it doesn't take many of those turned into wins to see us right up there with the top three or four.

The bottom half is really tight, with 3 points separating 7 clubs, and just 1 point separating 5 of us in the middle of that. Eventually, one or two will start to fall adrift, and if we don't start converting wins from leads, that could be us. I do feel that we're showing surprising strength in depth, and good campaign resilience, but we need to string some wins together to pull safe.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:21 pm

Mrsweetleftfoot wrote:
Big Wurzil wrote:Another game another missed Crawford effort go in at half time 2-1. And he should've walked. Awful challenge

You seem to miss the fact that he scored another free kick, he is our top scorer, and set up Bingham for our second goal with a lovely flick.

I agree, wholeheartedly, the tackle was poor and he should be doing better with the chances that he gets BUT, he is the one that gets himself into these positions time and again.

I feel that you are being overly harsh, focusing on two negative points from last night............you ask supporters of other SPFL sides about Accies players, they all mention Crawford.

The missed chances are starting to mount up and we're not the type of team that can gift away chance after chance. Great with a dead ball but don't know if it's his thinking when he's faced with a one v one situation.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:21 pm

Thoroughly entertaining game, shame that we let it slip.
Kurtaj is in the same category as Daz for me, I couldn't understand why we would extend his contract, but some of his footwork is off the charts. His confidence going forward can really make defenders nervous. Daz continues to be one of our best players, absolutely astonishing.

I feel bad for Dougie, he's obviously not suited as a wingback, I don't agree that he doesn't have the legs, as I think he has good pace+cardio, I just don't think he's able to adjust to that position. Sarris and Seabourne really are a bomb-scare together. How Seabourne wasn't replaced by Sowah I'll never know. His passing was shambolic, he put the keeper under pressure a lot, he gave away a silly penalty, left for dead on the 3rd by committing too early. If he's not fit, don't play him. Sowah would've been better suited to that role I feel. I've never been a big fan of Devlin, but I couldn't see any leadership from him at the back.
After we got the 3rd goal, Kurtaj dropped back and we just allowed the onslaught to happen. Playing deep and inviting crosses is never going to end well.
I'd have taken a point pre game, I really do think we threw away a gift of 3 points.

PS
Great to see big Rakish get 2 belters.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:36 pm

Dougie is still super fit but age is catching up with him. Witness the start he had on young Smith in the first half when he should have got his cross in but Smith caught him. Seaborne had done very well up until Monday. Devlin was the most composed of the three, remember Sarris's passback? Sowah has looked good as part of a back three, not sure how he'd do replacing Imrie but something has to be done.

Incidentally, this week's Advertiser report is worth reading. That's all I'm saying!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:57 pm

Saying Devlins more composed than Seabourne and Sarris isn't a big compliment :lol:
I'd feel safer with Sowah instead of Seabourne, he's looked shaky more than once. Sowah looks a lot more confident on his feet.
Wonder how this season would've went if we had Jesus playing.
Any form of 3-5-2 5-3-2 is really working for us. We're making more chances and we've become less preditcable. Bingham did very well with chasing lost balls and aerial battles too. I thought he'd be gubbed by half time.
judgeflash
Premiership

Return to Match Day Archives