Old match day threads will be moved here

Killie .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:33 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Killie .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:10 pm

I understand that D'Acol will miss this game which might require a return to 451 as we don't really have 2 strikers, and this will give Brophy another chance to impress from the start. Big game if we think killie will be realistic targets to finish below us and in terms of their earlier 3 points against us.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:50 pm

3-0 Accies
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:57 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:3-0 Accies

Are you just saying that or do you really believe this predicted score? :P
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:00 am

This will be a tough match.

Prior to Rangers, Kilmarnock had taken 7pts out of 9.

Personally, I still think they honk the house out......

If D'Acol isn't fit, then Brophy will be up top himself.

Good memories of Rugby Park (twice) last year. A empire biscuit and a 2-1 victory, please.....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby H9crx » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:14 pm

Time for Roy the Boss to step up and prove he is worth a wage!

If he is still at the club!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:40 am

H9crx wrote:Time for Roy the Boss to step up and prove he is worth a wage!

If he is still at the club!

He's been very poor in the U20s so don't hold your breath.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:11 pm

Crawford will know he had a really poor game. Three or four good chances to score but badly hit every time. Overall, the team played well as a unit, but lacked the usual killer punch when through on goal. McKinnon had another excellent game, kept his head, and continues to impress. Bingham, i'm not so sure about. Wins headers sometimes, but finishing erratic. Kurjac had 60 minutes or so, and was effective, so maybe he is on the road to redemption, whatever happened there.

Nearly a last minute winner from Donati for us, but for McDonald's great stop. We looked far better today with Massimo back in, and his calm, measured passing should have had more final positive results from those in front of him.

Still, it's a point away from home, after last week's disaster against the 'Dee, and we are in the pack of everyone else wher one win could catapult us up into a much more safety zone.

Can't fault the mamagement team today either. They were smart enough to move Gillespie out of the full back position after he was booked within five minutes for his first foul, against a player who dived throughout the game, and who was finally booked for that offence far too late (IMO), otherwise he would have walked early.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:13 pm

How did Roy the Boss do?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:21 pm

Crawford can't keep missing these chances. If he's making the keeper work then fair enough but he's not.

Dundee result could've been a whole lot different if he hits the target from 10 yards after 20 odd seconds and scores.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:25 pm

porcupine wrote:Crawford will know he had a really poor game. Three or four good chances to score but badly hit every time. Overall, the team played well as a unit, but lacked the usual killer punch when through on goal. McKinnon had another excellent game, kept his head, and continues to impress. Bingham, i'm not so sure about. Wins headers sometimes, but finishing erratic. Kurjac had 60 minutes or so, and was effective, so maybe he is on the road to redemption, whatever happened there.

Nearly a last minute winner from Donati for us, but for McDonald's great stop. We looked far better today with Massimo back in, and his calm, measured passing should have had more final positive results from those in front of him.

Still, it's a point away from home, after last week's disaster against the 'Dee, and we are in the pack of everyone else wher one win could catapult us up into a much more safety zone.

Can't fault the mamagement team today either. They were smart enough to move Gillespie out of the full back position after he was booked within five minutes for his first foul, against a player who dived throughout the game, and who was finally booked for that offence far too late (IMO), otherwise he would have walked early.

Yes again its missed chances that dominates our games; albeit they had some as well and overall a draw was just about fair. Thought we had a couple of penalty claims and I have no idea how the Killie number 17 does not get a (second) yellow for pulling back Brophy as he runs along the touchline. Bingham did ok and Kurtaj was decent but I still think you don't play 2 up unless you have 2 strikers; 451 with McMann at left back would have been my choice I think but its all narrow margins.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:25 pm

H9crx wrote:How did Roy the Boss do?

Best striking performance since John Brogan.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:56 pm

If we had spend a bit of extra cash for #22 would we be dominating games wand not winning?

Please no one say we did not lose out on him due to cash!

Btw look at his Goal return for D UTD
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:09 pm

H9crx wrote:If we had spend a bit of extra cash for #22 would we be dominating games wand not winning?

Please no one say we did not lose out on him due to cash!

Btw look at his Goal return for D UTD

We did not lose out on him due to cash.

Rory Loy would have been a better shout, he is a goal machine. :lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby BeeMcphee » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:21 am

Firstly, how do we offer more money to a loanee?? Surely we only pay a percentage of his wage from Norwich!! Therefore he is gonna get the same wage regardless.

Now on to the game, it wasnt a drab nil nil draw and over the whole i thought we were the best team. On another day Crawford scores a few goals and its a good victory. I thought Daz and Docherty were very good in midfield and the front 2 in Bingham & Kurtaj linked up well and looked like they couldve got a goal if left on the park longer.

Once again though cannings subs were a head scratcher, he left Dougie on for far too long, he did his usual running around but he fundamentaly cannot find a team mate with a pass or a cross. Brophy offered very little when he came on and we lost the initiative by changing the two up front.

All in all a decent point away from home but couldve been more!
BeeMcphee
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:42 am

Firstly, how do we offer more money to a loanee?? Surely we only pay a percentage of his wage from Norwich!! Therefore he is gonna get the same wage regardless.

Simples my good man

1. Appearance money
2. Win bonus
3. Goal Bonus

All which are add on out with original contract, also they may be paying for his accommodation in Scotland.

All of the above adds up to more money or the potential of more money.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby cdisaaccie » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:27 pm

Or alternatively - as was indicated at the time - that it was the player's choice :roll:
cdisaaccie
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:10 pm

cdisaaccie wrote:Or alternatively - as was indicated at the time - that it was the player's choice :roll:

Yip and all the points stated would make me chose them over us also! :cry:
H9crx
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:25 pm

H9crx wrote:
cdisaaccie wrote:Or alternatively - as was indicated at the time - that it was the player's choice :roll:

Yip and all the points stated would make me chose them over us also! :cry:

Ham Ad reporter - reported saying that we had offered more financial incentives but Andreu did not want to return, which sounds like it's an issue with either Canning or the Board.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:02 am

Or.......
He would not learn anything new at Accies and chose to work with different coaches to keep improving as a player ??
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Next

Return to Match Day Archives