Accies V Dundee

Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies V Dundee

Postby porcupine » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:23 pm

We have an extra day to prepare for Saturday with 'Dee playing tonight, regardless of the result.

We have a team who showed a great deal of skill and 100%+ effort v Aberdeen, and who achieved a great, if not unexpected, three points.

We have a management team in Canning and Bouzeline who prepared and saw their tactics work out well.

We should be brimming with confidence from Goalkeeper through to Forwards.

We are meeting a poor Dee team with a manager under pressure.

Providing we continue our pressing game, which is where we have the most success, and not attempt to defend in our 18 yard box, we should look forward to widening the gap between ourselves and the Dee by Saturday night.

Agree/Disagree? :D
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Accies V Dundee

Postby WAC » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:00 pm

Need to win this otherwise 3 points v Aberdeen isn't worth much, was must win before Aberdeen and still is imo.
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:11 pm

Must win :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are sixth :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:14 pm

A lot depends of Dundee's result tonight, a loss or a draw and then they would turn up on Saturday under huge pressure with a manager who probably wouldn't survive another defeat.

A win tonight and so tight is this league that they could come to NDP on Saturday needing a win to go top 6.

Either way aside from 30 minutes at Fir Park we've been extremely competitive all season and I wouldn't expect this game to be any different.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:35 pm

Not must win but it would be nice. I can't see there being a Dundee United in the league this season so we need to get points on the board especially as we could anticipate having another tough January window. Dundee, even allowing for the sale of their two top players, should improve. Not sure I'd want them to lose tonight as it could see Hartley sacked. Best the little fellow stays in charge for now.

Hopefully we keep the same team. Greg took a knock late on so he could be a doubt and I'd assume Redmond would replace him. Donati and Seabourne, if fit, should be on the bench. Devlin was great last night and Sarris is making me eat my words after I wrote him off after the Morton debacle.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:29 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Must win :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you not let people stat their opinions with out you mocking them? Accies world bully right enough!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:45 pm

MMMMM. 5 points ahead of the Dee with agame in hand (albeit v Celtic).

Looks to be a VERY interesting game at NDP/SSS on Saturday. Get out, and upport the Team.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:45 pm

H9crx wrote:

Can you not let people stat their opinions with out you mocking them? Accies world bully right enough!

My opinion is bought and paid for and has some foundation in reality. If you do not like it then start a twitter storm protest or something equally as inconsequential :lol:.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Euan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:20 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:
H9crx wrote:

My opinion is bought and paid for and has some foundation in reality. If you do not like it then start a twitter storm protest or something equally as inconsequential :lol:.

Maybe "very important to win" rather than "must" would be more appropriate, but must win is accepted football-speak, which is rarely founded in reality.

Given the tightness of the League, they'll move to 2 points behind if they win on Saturday, a win would leave us comfortable and a defeat or even a draw keeps us in the tight bottom group.

So, if we're to relax and enjoy our football over the next month or so then it' is must win.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Jimmy Liddle » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:12 am

I think we actually might be 8th after last nights results?!? Anyway onto Saturday's game. a victory over a struggling Dundee side is essential in our attempts to move away from the bottom of the league and put some daylight between us and the other strugglers. Also a win might see the end of Paul Hartley's reign as Dundee manager although I do have a wee bit of sympathy for him due to the fact that he lost both his goalscorers at the start of the season.

Missed Aberdeen match but was at Firhill and was a much better performance albeit defence still shaky but by all accounts was much more solid on Tuesday evening. More of the same please and FFS lets go and kill off teams and keep building confidence amongst players, managers and fans.
Jimmy Liddle
Pub League

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:21 am

Accies to win this 4-0.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:38 am

Bomber Harris wrote:Accies to win this 4-0.

And Canning Out? :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:02 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:

Of course but too afraid of the vicious backlash by typing that on acciesworld.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:24 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:

As very wise man once said 'Ridicule is nothing to be scared of'.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:33 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:And Canning Out? :D

As very wise man once said 'Ridicule is nothing to be scared of'.

Charming.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Don van Vliet » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:52 pm

I see what you did there.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:35 pm

I would hope that Accies would stick to their guns for the moment and continue to play a high pressing game, getting in Dundee's faces and getting some ball in dangerous areas.

They look bereft of confidence and I reckon, if we score first, Accies could win 3-0.

I'm not sure, if everyone is fit, if I would change anything for Saturday's match.

A side-bar............

I don't understand why certain posters need to continue berate (abuse etc) other posters for their opinions.

We all have the opinion that we know best but, in the end, we all want Accies to be successful and continue to thrive on and off the pitch. Yes?

Whether someone doesn't fancy MC or not - he has made some curious decision along the way - that shouldn't then be a platform for ridicule.
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:36 pm

Mrsweetleftfoot wrote:
A side-bar............

I don't understand why certain posters need to continue berate (abuse etc) other posters for their opinions.

We all have the opinion that we know best but, in the end, we all want Accies to be successful and continue to thrive on and off the pitch. Yes?

Whether someone doesn't fancy MC or not - he has made some curious decision along the way - that shouldn't then be a platform for ridicule.

I think its clear that not all of us want Accies to be successful or for some to even recognise that we are actually successful in any case.

People who present robust (often abusive) opinions, often across multiple threads that they start for no reason, can reasonably expect robust challenges and can also expect their multiple threads to be quoted. Most of the time they are not even expressing opinions; its 'certainties' they offer - 'We will be relegated', 'Canning is clueless', 'we wont win any more games', 'we wont score any goals' etc etc.

They rejoice in defeats as it helps them to reinforce their own ego that they were right 21 moths ago that the current manager is no good and are no where to be seen after good results/performances. Facts that back this myth up will be constantly repeated and facts that don't will be ignored (defeats see multiple posts/threads/abuse - victories are glossed over).

In bad times they will dish out pleasantries happily (and often), and in good times they disappear but pop up occasionally to play the victim card and think we should all just be one happy family and play nice.

Getting back to the game - does any one else think a team that has not won in ages and whose manager needs a win desperately, will invariably get something from us?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:21 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Getting back to the game - does any one else think a team that has not won in ages and whose manager needs a win desperately, will invariably get something from us?

Yes, this WAS the point of the original thread :o

Know what you mean.. Dee as historically our bogey team. poor results. manager's job on shakey peg.

If MC and GB convince the players to ignore all that, and for our team to go out and press the opposition from kick-off, like Tuesday, than we can take the full three points from this match. We have sufficient strength in depth to consolidate our recent performances, and, as the players know we beat the second top team, there's no reason why we cannot take advantage of the Dee's own problems at this stage in the league.

An Accies win!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:27 pm

Don't know about bogey team, we've had plenty of good results against them over the last decade. Winning the league over them for a start and we took 7 points out of 12 from them last season. Even the season they came and won 6-1, we won the next home game against them 3-1.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives