Accies V Dundee

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies V Dundee

Postby Euan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:30 am

It's this type of game that seems to have been a problem for us...failing to turn up following on from a good performance.
I remember in particular, being really up for the Motherwell game at home after drawing with Celtic last season only for us to limply roll over and lose.
This must be one of the reasons that Canning still has his doubters, despite keeping us up and having some excellent results.
The home crowd, myself included, will be up for, this following Tuesday, and expecting another upbeat performance.
Let's hope we get one and can go on a wee run with Killlie next up.
Euan
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:18 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:Don't know about bogey team, we've had plenty of good results against them over the last decade. Winning the league over them for a start and we took 7 points out of 12 from them last season. Even the season they came and won 6-1, we won the next home game against them 3-1.

Right, then, that's one less problem for our mindset in the dressing room :D :D

Press, forece the play, and they could fold early on, with confidence carpet high in Dee's team just now.

Home game. Home win.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:10 pm

Poorer all over the park today and we couldn't find similar energy levels either. Nothing from our creative players to make up for the general poor performance.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby yuggyboy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:44 pm

Very poor performance - and to allow that shot for a goal was shocking. Dazza tried his best but no creativity and the majority of players looked slow and lethargic. It was obvious that Dundee were set up for a draw but we could not break them down. Once D'Acol went of we lost any attack effort - what was Danny doing when he was in the box - just hit it!!!

OK, so Dundee are no great shakes and Ross County are struggling but we have to start winning some games so that we do not get detatched from the teams above us.
yuggyboy
Pub League

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:51 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Mrsweetleftfoot wrote:
A side-bar............

I don't understand why certain posters need to continue berate (abuse etc) other posters for their opinions.

We all have the opinion that we know best but, in the end, we all want Accies to be successful and continue to thrive on and off the pitch. Yes?

Whether someone doesn't fancy MC or not - he has made some curious decision along the way - that shouldn't then be a platform for ridicule.

I think its clear that not all of us want Accies to be successful or for some to even recognise that we are actually successful in any case.

People who present robust (often abusive) opinions, often across multiple threads that they start for no reason, can reasonably expect robust challenges and can also expect their multiple threads to be quoted. Most of the time they are not even expressing opinions; its 'certainties' they offer - 'We will be relegated', 'Canning is clueless', 'we wont win any more games', 'we wont score any goals' etc etc.

They rejoice in defeats as it helps them to reinforce their own ego that they were right 21 moths ago that the current manager is no good and are no where to be seen after good results/performances. Facts that back this myth up will be constantly repeated and facts that don't will be ignored (defeats see multiple posts/threads/abuse - victories are glossed over).

In bad times they will dish out pleasantries happily (and often), and in good times they disappear but pop up occasionally to play the victim card and think we should all just be one happy family and play nice.

Getting back to the game - does any one else think a team that has not won in ages and whose manager needs a win desperately, will invariably get something from us?

Just going out to celebrate our defeat. Cheers ta
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Was I at the same stadium as I was on Tuesday night? Was I watching the same starting line-up?

Even with a day's more rest than Dundee, we were as disjointed and disorganised as we have been at the start of the season.

A really poor performance, and continuing to hump high balls up to a tallish defence, where we were winning nothing after D'Accol went off, seemed strange.

From 3 points gained to 3 points wasted. That's supporting Accies for you :roll: :roll: :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:40 pm

I think we should give Dundee some credit for a very organised defence and midfield. I didn't think we were that bad though towards the end our play was getting more desperate. Our best chance was after 20 seconds, when we cut through them for the only time and Ali should have at least made the keeper work. Wighton then missed a great chance when they counter attacked but they didn't do much else. Our defence also did well and the goal seemed a bit lucky to me, did it take a deflection?

Seen criticism elsewhere for Gillespie and Imrie. I thought Gills had a very good game and Imrie put in a power of work defensively in the first half in particular. He didn't have a good second half though.*Have now seen the goal again, awful header by Imrie*. Daz was good once again, most of our play coming through him now and I think Crawford is diminished as a result. On the fringes of the game. He wasn't awful, just quiet. Docherty got a knock in midweek and was maybe never going to last the 90. Howls from some when both he and Brophy went off, but they were both fading. Unlucky with D'Acol, hope he's back next week. Redmond was awful when he came on and not just because of the great chance he messed up. Couldn't find a man.

No surprise. Didn't really think, with our home form, that we'd win two in a week.
Last edited by Stevie Clarke on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:51 pm

That was predictable

We can't play against lessor teams who sit in!

We run out of ideas on how to break down teams who camp in and resort to long balls!

This was a bigger game than mid week and we bottle it!

Dundee could not buy a win and boom 3 points at accies ( bogie team)

Alex D does a power of work and is always missed when not in the team!

Same old accies
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:36 am

[quote="Euan"]It's this type of game that seems to have been a problem for us...failing to turn up following on from a good performance./quote]

Yet again!
That's why the 'feel good factor' is not present, as every time we think we're getting somewhere we crash back down.

Draw at Ibrox, lose at home to Morton then Killie.
Beat Aberdeen, lose to bottom of the table Dundee

An opportunity missed.
Euan
Premiership

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:17 pm

It should be drummed in to the players the way Hartley and the Dundee players celebrated at full-time almost like they had stayed up , use that as a spur now , the good thing is they are rank and nearly every other manager in the league will not be schooled by that fat Rat like Cannnig was yesterday .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:38 am

Really REALLY Pathetic.
Mackinnon continues to prove me wrong by being our best player this season. Brophy just doesn't cut the mustard unless he's coming on for a spell as a super sub. Soon as D'Acol went off I couldn't see us scoring a goal. Gramoz has twice now came on and made defenders nervous with his dribbling ability. Devlin And Sarris were ropey all game, a lot of wrong choices which we could have been punished for, not to mention LONG BALLS TO CRAWFORD?! When has ali won a fucking header?
Crawford/Imrie/Gillespie offered nothing. Redmond had the best chance of the game and absolutely shat it.
The dundee goal trickled in, nobody pushed out and he had ample time to line it up. Every set piece/corner we still look massively vulnerable.
Abymsal and ruined my potential 500+ quid coupon, double dunt.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby rubenthedog » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:43 pm

Mackinnon was the best player on the park by a mile. (still think he should be captain)

Although the team was the same as Tuesday the attitude and aptitude was completely different.

We're at our best when were in the other teams faces, we dont have the players at our disposal to try and play pretty football.

From what Ive seen from the rest of the teams in the league, were no worse than any team from 5th place down. Its going to come down to fighting hard and a bit a luck.
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:10 pm

To be fair to Redmond, having seen it from the other angle, if he had shot right away it would almost certainly have been blocked by one of two Dundee players right in front of him. Trouble is having taken the touch, they stayed on him and the gap never really opened up. It's easy from the stands. He'd still have got pelters if he'd hit it first time and it was blocked.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby 90mins+ET » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:28 pm

A disappointing result which was further marred by the drunken idiots who tried to start a fight in the underground carpark after the game. Is anyone else sick and tired of the groups of stupid wee boys trying to emulate 'Football Factory' at every match.
90mins+ET
Pub League

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:17 pm

The underground Morrisons car park has been a problem for a while now. They need to close it or police it. I saw 2 stewards (zero police) on Saturday come out of it whilst there was 'issues' happening within it looking delighted shouting over to another 3 stewards shouting 'we've been stood down', 'that's it done''. And I get to the exit of the car park and the police are wrestling and dealing with 3/4 a/holes Accies fans I may add
Big Wurzil
Championship

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives