Accies .V. Aberdeen - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Aberdeen - MATCH THREAD

Postby H9crx » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:16 pm

porcupine wrote:So where is HrCrX, or whatever he is called?

First class show from management &team. Superb 3 points here. Well done to all.

Here

The two up top made a big difference did not allow them to pump long balls on us and took pressure off defence. Taking off a striker allowed for punts up and purk and put us under the cosh. Changing to one up weekend the team and made a huge gulf between the midfeild and striker.

We were very as good as they were rotten.

Was Alex D playing in the #22 position?

What's your thought porcupine and its H9CRX.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:05 pm

Can you re-write your post in understandable English, please :?:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:46 pm

H9crx wrote:
porcupine wrote:So where is HrCrX, or whatever he is called?

First class show from management &team. Superb 3 points here. Well done to all.

Here

The two up top made a big difference did not allow them to pump long balls on us and took pressure off defence. Taking off a striker allowed for punts up and purk and put us under the cosh. Changing to one up weekend the team and made a huge gulf between the midfeild and striker.

We were very as good as they were rotten.

Was Alex D playing in the #22 position?

What's your thought porcupine and its H9CRX.

Taking off Brophy didn't change the way we played, in fact we looked more dangerous when Kurtaj came on.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:33 pm

Were you even there H9, Kurtaj went up front to replace Brophy. He was probably in the Aberdeen box more than Brophy had been.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:40 pm

If reg plate was at the game then he is very much mistaken. If his lack of loyalty continues then his view is worth absolutely nothing, as always.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:10 am

What a performance, absolutely amazing. We could have had more and I was scared they would claw it back.
D'Acol worked tirelessly in the air and with hold up play. Mackinnon continues to prove me wrong and actually be a true asset to our team. Sowah, Gillespie, Sarris, Devlin, Woods, Docherty all played their part. Brophy looked very off, neither the strength or the pace to do anything. I thought maybe Rakish would've been better to play off of D'Acol, Kurtaj looked dangerous when he came on.
This is the best and gutsiest performance I've seen from that team under Martin Canning, tactics were spot on as were the players.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:14 pm

Good, solid performance on Tuesday night.

D'Acol benefits massively with some company up top. Brophy or Bingham have helped him out in last two matches.

When Kurtaj came on, D'Acol dropped back in just behind him, which did allow Aberdeen a bit more time to launch the ball forward.......to be fair, that's only natural when we have defended leads this season, so poorly.

Sarris, Devlin and Sowah defended very well and Daz and Greg played well in the middle of the park. Mention about Ali Crawford....saw a side of him on Tuesday that I didn't know existed. Thought tooth and nail against Kenny McLean and never gave Aberdeen a minute's peace.
The upturn in fortunes, for me, is down to a return to the pressing style of football, getting the ball from our opponents in their half and giving ourselves chances to break and score.
One caveat, we must take our chances when they present themselves and kill teams off.
MC has adopted a two up policy in last couple of matches which has made for two pretty open games. That said, Woods only had one serious save to make all night and a header from Rooney that he could've dropped his hat on..........

I still maintain that we should be 6/7 pts better off, given our performances and the fact we have had the lead so many times in matches.

Hopefully, we can win against Dundee which would set up a tasty clash with a resurgent Kilmarnock team prior to the International break.

Good wee chance to push on up the table as I see no reason, viewing the evidence of other teams that we have played, why we should not be attempting to look upwards instead of towards the relegation scrap.
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives