Partick .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Partick .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby porcupine » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:27 pm

To confirm what Mrs SLF has said, I spoke to a St Johnstone fan today, who confimed that St J had the bulk of the play and possession on Saturday, but somehow lost to a team that he described as the worst in the league (again). Sounds very like the one we lost 2-1 at home as well.

Most other teams are as poor as we are, but we DO need to start taking advantage of that, as draws, home or away, are most certainly not the way to stay in this division.
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Partick .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:42 am

porcupine wrote:To confirm what Mrs SLF has said, I spoke to a St Johnstone fan today, who confimed that St J had the bulk of the play and possession on Saturday, but somehow lost to a team that he described as the worst in the league (again). Sounds very like the one we lost 2-1 at home as well.

Most other teams are as poor as we are, but we DO need to start taking advantage of that, as draws, home or away, are most certainly not the way to stay in this division.

Killie certainly seem to be carrying a bit of luck. Can it last? I reckon they're one of the worst teams in the league: despite a couple of fluke wins they're still in the pack with the rest of us, no advantage, and if you take away those six points they'd be rock bottom.

As for us, I agree we need to start to convert more leads into wins. But I differ with you on one small issue - away draws are good results. I'd have taken a draw at Firhill, and I'd be content with a draw in most away games. 19 points away from home would be a good haul over the season, and would make a significant contribution to keeping us up. We do need to start to win more home games: two chances coming up over the next week.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives