Partick .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:28 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Patrick .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Bluesy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:52 pm

Big game for us.

Think we can do well - hope Ziggy gets an injury in training this week so I don't have to boo him.

Please play Brophy from the start
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:25 pm

Prediction : there will be far more posts on here if we lose than if we win.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:35 am

Must win game.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:12 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:Must win game.

Absolutely.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:18 pm

Martin Canning says in a long interview in the Advertiser that 1-0 is his perfect score. What is he thinking? Just giving more ammo to his detractors. Idiot.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:24 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:Must win game.

Absolutely.

Top banter
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:17 pm

The keeper, left back and striking positions will be interesting. If Brophy has been injured then Bingham might start ? Will Lennie be fit enough to start and hopefully Woods can start as he looked good in U20s recently and has the experience.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:24 pm

Patrick must be some player to take on 11 of us.

4 points seperate the bottom 7 si if we're wanting to stay up then it's these games that'll define our season.

Forget the 5 above that as 9/10 we'll lose away to them.

Patrick is at home so he has to come at us, we'll punish them and show ZG he shouldn't have left.

2/1 is generous from the bookies
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Admin » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:51 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:Patrick must be some player to take on 11 of us.

Haha, good old auto-correct - fixed! :lol:
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Partick .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:57 pm

Big match.

Coming into a fairly tough run of fixtures into late November/December and we need to continue to pick up pts.

A couple of wins would help that and manoeuvre us up the table.

Definitely a winnable match although our record v Thistle isn't the best, lately.

Sowwah to start at LB? Hope so!

Fingers crossed for a 2-1 win.....if we press them, we can do it.
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby beckfordlodge » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:28 pm

Mrsweetleftfoot wrote:Big match.

Coming into a fairly tough run of fixtures into late November/December and we need to continue to pick up pts.

A couple of wins would help that and manoeuvre us up the table.

Definitely a winnable match although our record v Thistle isn't the best, lately.

Sowwah to start at LB? Hope so!

Fingers crossed for a 2-1 win.....if we press them, we can do it.

Interesting you say Sowwah to start at LB? Hope so!. He wasn't that impressive at LB last week in DEV game, however at left CB on Monday night he looked a completely different player.
beckfordlodge
Pub League

Postby judgeflash » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:54 pm

Sadly due to commitments I think i'm gonna miss this one :(
Hopefully this turns around and I can make it.
I wish Ziggy was still one of ours, I'll see if he's respectful to us...or give us the Jai Quitongo pish before I boo.
I was thinking a bottom 3 of Partick/ICT/Killie. So I really hope we can start to pick up a couple of victories, have a team used to winning, whilst playing well.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Todd_is_God » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:49 pm

Same shit, different day
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:04 pm

A good game to watch with much to impress and much to frustrate. Again lots of chances not taken but probably balanced out for both teams, 2 very good debuts for us and a great finish from Brophy - we probably just edged it overall and hopefully the clearing up of defensive injuries can settle things down.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:19 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:we probably just edged it overall and hopefully the clearing up of defensive injuries can settle things down.

Story of our season so far, going to be a hard couple of months although i think we can get a couple results in there. Just need to go for it.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:49 am

as much as brophy deserves to start, he seems to really be more effective as an impact sub 2/3 into a game.

another lead thrown away, Canning might be on the way to smash another managerial record for most games with a lead taken thrown away.
D'Acol was terribly unlucky not to get the goal with that header. Bingham brings some much appreciated pace to our forward line, just hope he can get some goals to settle.
Another 2 goals condeeded from crosses. Pretty shambolic defending for the first one and 2nd. 2 men on 1 for the header too at a really hard angle to score from.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:27 am

Just going on the highlights, D'Acol looked very impressive. Great header, great pick out for Gillespie. Imrie similarly great spot to find Docherty at back post. Superb pass by Donati for goal. Bingham looked lively but I'd start Brophy for next couple of games. Did Sowah go back to centre half when Donati moved into midfield? Badly need a right back as Gillespie is wasted there and Lyon is not the answer.

Doubt we'll get anything from Aberdeen but Dundee is a must win.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:13 pm

With 2 games of this first tranche of fixtures to go we have the top 2 to play so we could have done with more points on board as there is an element of 'falseness' about the table just now.

Our stats about losing leads is interesting; so is that Dundee and Thistle are without wins in 8 and 7 games respectively. Not much between a few teams and its tighter than we may have thought.

Bad goals to lose and we need to sharpen that area clearly.

Also interesting that whilst we can all be critical of our signing policy and estimates of '90% rubbish' do the rounds; but on Saturday we had 2 decent debuts and another 4 players signed for this season and all looked like they could do a job - with Matthews and Seaborne also looking like reasonable additions; it looks like Shaka is the only joker in the pack.

Also amusing that twitter had a few comments absolutely slating Canning for the subs on Saturday. Again this is just letting agenda's see what they want to see. We swapped 2 strikers, 2 midfielders (in effect) and took off a tiring striker for an attacking midfielder; so it was hardly anything of the shock variety. That the tactical and personnel changes led to 2 of the people involved giving us a an equaliser was no doubt seen as the players getting a point despite Canning :roll:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:47 am

In the end a good point but we really should've been out of sight in the first half.

Some poor finishing and good goalkeeping thwarted our attempts.

Accies were in control for most of the match, including when MC made his substitutes. Would the equaliser have come, possibly, however, moving Donati into midfield made a difference. I'm still not convinced by removing a forward and replacing by LM/CAM but, I'm delighted it worked to the extent we got a point out of the match.

I am no doom and gloom merchant but we should be 6/7 pts better off than we are. Lots of these points have been shed due to MC's substitutions (and negativity), individual errors and panic-ridden defending.

On the plus side, we are the equal of all teams in this league, minus Hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic....probably Rangers too.

On our day, we shouldnt fear any of the others........I look forward to the next chapter unfolding.
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Next

Return to Match Day Archives