Accies .V. ICT - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. ICT - MATCH THREAD

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:55 pm

Sadly I think this is going to be our lot in the Premier whoever is the manager. Not many wins. Would we rather be a good second tier side winning more than we lose? I know I wouldn't. There is always the hope that we might get some cup joy the longer we hang around the top tier (I know, I know!) but most weeks it's going to be a tale of disappointment. How we attract more young fans to buy into this future is a big problem especially with guaranteed success just eight or so miles down the road.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:13 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Sadly I think this is going to be our lot in the Premier whoever is the manager. Not many wins. Would we rather be a good second tier side winning more than we lose? I know I wouldn't. There is always the hope that we might get some cup joy the longer we hang around the top tier (I know, I know!) but most weeks it's going to be a tale of disappointment. How we attract more young fans to buy into this future is a big problem especially with guaranteed success just eight or so miles down the road.

The change in most of the games has come when we have made tactical changes, this being switching formation or making subs that make little to no sense. Whilst the players are responsible for their inability to defend *FUCKING CROSSES AND SET PIECES* The manager has to take it in on the chin for 9 times out fo 10 making negative changes to the winning formula.
The stands are looking very bare, it's quite embarassing. I wish they'd take some of that community fund and hire a competent PR Team to drum up some good press.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:04 pm

Interesting that we now have a talented group of players as the dominant theme on here has been a horrendous signing policy and various jibes at the 'ethos'. I take it MC is due no credit for this group of talented players ? either in terms of their current form or recent development?

The concept that the players are responsible for the good play, chance making and goals and that MC is to blame for missing the chances (not the players apparently?) and conceding the goals is fanciful.

We are 9th in Scotland at the moment - yet the talk is about taking it on the chin because we are not 8th? 7th? 6th ? or whatever the expectation is this week. What about any credit (or just even basic support) for us being competitive in the upper league for what? maybe the 15th time in our entire history?

If folk aren't interested in supporting us now then I really don't care about them and I don't think their actions or inactions should have any bearing on the club's approach - which is quite clearly as successful as its been since the 1930s.

It looks like being 9th isn't the current KPI for those that will not stand MC under any circumstances. It looks like this week its crowds and losing leads that suits the agenda. Rest assured the league placing would be the only show in town if we were 12th ;)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:45 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Interesting that we now have a talented group of players as the dominant theme on here has been a horrendous signing policy and various jibes at the 'ethos'. I take it MC is due no credit for this group of talented players ? either in terms of their current form or recent development?

The concept that the players are responsible for the good play, chance making and goals and that MC is to blame for missing the chances (not the players apparently?) and conceding the goals is fanciful.

We are 9th in Scotland at the moment - yet the talk is about taking it on the chin because we are not 8th? 7th? 6th ? or whatever the expectation is this week. What about any credit (or just even basic support) for us being competitive in the upper league for what? maybe the 15th time in our entire history?

If folk aren't interested in supporting us now then I really don't care about them and I don't think their actions or inactions should have any bearing on the club's approach - which is quite clearly as successful as its been since the 1930s.

It looks like being 9th isn't the current KPI for those that will not stand MC under any circumstances. It looks like this week its crowds and losing leads that suits the agenda. Rest assured the league placing would be the only show in town if we were 12th ;)

Our best players IMO - Crawford, Jesus, Gillespie, Docherty, Dougie, Donati , something Canning has nothing to do with, outwith Donati, even then, I'm not sure how much stroke Canning has with regards to who is and isn't signed.
I think it's a simple case of - When canning took over, has he improved our style of football? Has he made more good than bad signings? Is he making us a competitive team? Does he pick the best team week in week out? Does he have the tactics to get us where we need to be?
The answer to many of these are no.
He's had to follow an excellent leader in Alex Neil, so he was always against it, he is however since day one, not shown any real aptitude to improve our standing within scottish football.

During this game, the players did their job to get us ahead, we then made tactical changes INSTRUCTED by Canning, then we start to feel the pressure, instead of going to finish the game. The players lack confidence because the manager IMO shows them no confidence.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:06 pm

'No real aptitude'. A manager keeps us the top flight with no real aptitude? We are currently 9th with no real aptitude? We are competitive in the top flight for the 3rd season in a row with no real aptitude? So if we can find a manager with some real aptitude we could achieve what? Any ideas/suggestions of someone we could get with real aptitude ?

Clearly, I am not going to convince you to change your mind, which is fair enough. But perhaps you can outline who gets any credit for our current position and the recent success on the park in recent times. Somebody must be due some credit ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:27 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:'No real aptitude'. A manager keeps us the top flight with no real aptitude? We are currently 9th with no real aptitude? We are competitive in the top flight for the 3rd season in a row with no real aptitude? So if we can find a manager with some real aptitude we could achieve what? Any ideas/suggestions of someone we could get with real aptitude ?

Clearly, I am not going to convince you to change your mind, which is fair enough. But perhaps you can outline who gets any credit for our current position and the recent success on the park in recent times. Somebody must be due some credit ?

Red and white if you keep up these tet un tets with other poster I will get Gellous!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:22 pm

H9crx wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:'No real aptitude'. A manager keeps us the top flight with no real aptitude? We are currently 9th with no real aptitude? We are competitive in the top flight for the 3rd season in a row with no real aptitude? So if we can find a manager with some real aptitude we could achieve what? Any ideas/suggestions of someone we could get with real aptitude ?

Red and white if you keep up these tet un tets with other poster I will get Gellous!

;) Classic.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:19 pm

I like how you completely ignore my other points ;)
Lets analyze, The neil era, he nearly relegated us despite the points Neil had earned us. His 2nd season in charge, he broke the record for the most amount of games without a league win. A record that was nearly 70 years old. We were lucky Dundee UTD were into complete meltdown and Killie are consistantly shite.
I've seen enough live games under Canning now, where we have momentum, he will then change either the men on the pitch or formation, which completely changes the game around. This smacks of lack of conviction, something he shows with his weekly excuse as to why we don't win.
3 home wins in the entire year of 2016? Fair play if you think he should be commended, I don't.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:31 pm

1600 fans at this game tells it's owns story. Canning is finished as he's clearly lost the faith of the fans well 36.8% of them on last season.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby gummybum » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:49 pm

Baffling substitutions, confusing changes of formations, knack of losing goals from set pieces, and basic defensive ineptitude(from a manager who played as a central defender), apparent lack of ability to identify and attract needed players. What more does anyone have to say about the current management of the team
gummybum
Pub League

Postby Yummy Fur » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:06 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:1600 fans at this game tells it's owns story. Canning is finished as he's clearly lost the faith of the fans well 36.8% of them on last season.

I've seen similar figures quoted elsewhere - how is the 36.8% worked out?
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:43 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:1600 fans at this game tells it's owns story. Canning is finished as he's clearly lost the faith of the fans well 36.8% of them on last season.

what you asking me for? same as you I've seen figures quoted elsewhere. I know we had around 2500 against so called lower teams last season and numbers are defenetly falling. 1700 st Johnstone 1600 ICT. Those attendances for a top flight game are pathetic.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:41 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
Yummy Fur wrote:

what you asking me for? same as you I've seen figures quoted elsewhere. I know we had around 2500 against so called lower teams last season and numbers are defenetly falling. 1700 st Johnstone 1600 ICT. Those attendances for a top flight game are pathetic.

2014/15 Home vs St Johnstone - attendance 1577
2016/17 Home vs St Johnstone - attendance 1705

2014/15 Home vs Inverness - attendance 1622 (first league game of the season after promotion)
2016/17 Home vs Inverness - attendance 1611

I've tried to pick Saturday (or Sunday) afternoon kick offs and a similar stage of the season for comparison. There is an anomaly with the Ross County figure where in 2014/15 there was over 2600 there but I'm reasonably sure there must of been a cut price or bring a friend deal that day (maybe someone will remember).

What do facts and figures matter anyway - Canning is only responsible for attendances when they go down just as he is only responsible for poor signings and the tactics when we lose goals. Decent results are because other teams are poor (see Rangers at Ibrox) and comfortably staying up with the least resource in the league is only because other teams were poorer (if Killie and Dundee Utd were any good we'd of been relegated). Well done Martin Canning, the first big time Accies manager where home draws should get you sacked and being 2 points off the top 6 makes you a clown or an "absolute coward".
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:54 pm

I would suggest that every single league in history has been decided by teams 'being poorer' than others that finish above them :D :roll: ; still haters gonna hate I suppose.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:00 pm

I'm fairly sure that Ross County game (4-0) saw far more free tickets issued to youth groups than normal. If we ever had 2500 last season against lesser teams, it would have been because of the same arrangement.

Never cease to be amazed at how poor people's memories are regarding our crowds. That Inverness game on the first day of the season was us back in the top league, first game after Easter Road, under Alex Neil and the turnout was shocking.

Just checked my notebook, we got a crowd of 3,055 against Partick last season when we issued 1000 comps. I remember a fair few Thistle fans managed to grab some.

Games v Dundee were 2,016 and 2,764.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:15 pm

you know what is fact statto? we've lost 14 points this season from taking the lead.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:29 pm

judgeflash wrote:

I like how you completely ignore my other points ;)
Lets analyze, The neil era, he nearly relegated us despite the points Neil had earned us. His 2nd season in charge, he broke the record for the most amount of games without a league win. A record that was nearly 70 years old. We were lucky Dundee UTD were into complete meltdown and Killie are consistantly shite.
I've seen enough live games under Canning now, where we have momentum, he will then change either the men on the pitch or formation, which completely changes the game around. This smacks of lack of conviction, something he shows with his weekly excuse as to why we don't win.
3 home wins in the entire year of 2016? Fair play if you think he should be commended, I don't.

What level were we playing at for the majority of that 70 years? that context might help us figure out if that stat has any real value. Away wins that make up for the home losses not good enough now? Last season we finished 3 off Thistle and a huge 5 away from big spending Dundee who had a strike force to die for; so not as if we were adrift from everyone else.

Since the time period of 70 years means so much to you why not look at that 70 years and see where our place has been in Scottish football? In fact go back across our entire history to get some kind of perspective that we are currently trying to stay in the top flight for more than 3 seasons for only the second time in our history. Currently we are looking competitive towards achieving that.

Success is 10th in the table; outside the current regime we have only managed such a position in the halcyon days of the 1930s (other than one season in the 80s that still saw us relegated.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:07 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:you know what is fact statto? we've lost 14 points this season from taking the lead.

Maybe good that some of us are "stattos", to counter the nonsense about our support being down 36%.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:31 am

I see the management rot has now reached the u20s now. Throwing away leads also
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:28 am

down 36% or not , it is evident by going to games and by seeing highlights or games live on TV that the support HAS fallen .
Both ends of the stand (Sainsbury and section A/B ) look emptier than usual......possibly cause the free tickets have stopped ??
Who is to blame ?
Feck knows , but it seems to me as if we are down to the "hardcore "once more , with many of the " occasional fans " choosing other things to fill there Saturday afternoons....
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Archives