Accies .V. ICT - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. ICT - MATCH THREAD

Postby judgeflash » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:17 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:
judgeflash wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:'No real aptitude'. A manager keeps us the top flight with no real aptitude? We are currently 9th with no real aptitude? We are competitive in the top flight for the 3rd season in a row with no real aptitude? So if we can find a manager with some real aptitude we could achieve what? Any ideas/suggestions of someone we could get with real aptitude ?

Clearly, I am not going to convince you to change your mind, which is fair enough. But perhaps you can outline who gets any credit for our current position and the recent success on the park in recent times. Somebody must be due some credit ?

I like how you completely ignore my other points ;)
Lets analyze, The neil era, he nearly relegated us despite the points Neil had earned us. His 2nd season in charge, he broke the record for the most amount of games without a league win. A record that was nearly 70 years old. We were lucky Dundee UTD were into complete meltdown and Killie are consistantly shite.
I've seen enough live games under Canning now, where we have momentum, he will then change either the men on the pitch or formation, which completely changes the game around. This smacks of lack of conviction, something he shows with his weekly excuse as to why we don't win.
3 home wins in the entire year of 2016? Fair play if you think he should be commended, I don't.

What level were we playing at for the majority of that 70 years? that context might help us figure out if that stat has any real value. Away wins that make up for the home losses not good enough now? Last season we finished 3 off Thistle and a huge 5 away from big spending Dundee who had a strike force to die for; so not as if we were adrift from everyone else.

Since the time period of 70 years means so much to you why not look at that 70 years and see where our place has been in Scottish football? In fact go back across our entire history to get some kind of perspective that we are currently trying to stay in the top flight for more than 3 seasons for only the second time in our history. Currently we are looking competitive towards achieving that.

Success is 10th in the table; outside the current regime we have only managed such a position in the halcyon days of the 1930s (other than one season in the 80s that still saw us relegated.

What level? How about we think about how bad our teams/managers have been in the last 70 years compared to the talent we currently have yet he still managed to break such a record? We have some of the BEST youth in the country for the past 4 years due to our great youth setup and they have made their way into the first team. Our signing policy under Canning has been 90% shambles, money pissed up the wall on unfit players with zero to offer, when we could have compiled money and invested in experienced proven.
I don't understand how anyone can really defend Canning' management ability, despite his best efforts of poor tactics/maniacal substitutions, OUR PLAYERS have managed to keep us up each season.
judgeflash
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives