Re: Motherwell .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby glasgow accie » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:34 pm

FTW
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:58 pm

Looking for a result here. No reason to fear them.

Normally, I'm happy with a point from away games, and accept that were likely to lose away to the bigger teams. But I see this one as a chance for at least a draw.

Hammy Ad has Devlin fit and Seaborne doubtful, but as we've really yet to see what Seaborne can add to the team, that sounds like we'll be close to full strength. As ever, scoring will be our biggest problem, so we have to keep a clean sheet and aim for a narrow win. I'm looking for 1-0 Accies, but I worry there may be more goals in it.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Euan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:26 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:As ever, scoring will be our biggest problem

we have to keep a clean sheet and aim for a narrow win. I'm looking for 1-0 Accies

Scoring the first goal hasn't been a problem, we've done so in every game since the season started properly. It's scoring a second that's been the problem or stopping the other team scoring. 0-1 win Accies would do nicely.
Euan
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:29 pm

MC in the press stating he is happy with the squad - which is a bit of a concern with no full backs - Darren Lyon needs replaced asap. Hopefully we set up more balanced than last week and get stuck right in. FTW
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Jacobsladder » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:29 pm

Looking at the score so far I wonder if a manager has ever been sacked during a game ....I'm lost for words
Jacobsladder
Pub League

Postby Jacobsladder » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:54 pm

I'm fuming - we bloody threw that away after 30 mins
Jacobsladder
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:31 pm

Over the game we matched them in terms of chances but for 30 mins we were horrendous. It's not today that we know we need full backs but Lyon was truly dreadful and if we don't rectify it then we are not really giving ourselves a chance. Longridge was equally poor and how many more chances will he get to reach even mediocre performances at this level.

Crawford was again superb.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:16 pm

Dodged a bullet was a wee bit late Motherwell scored just as i was walking to the ground then just as i past the line (4) of stewards they scored again,I could see the Motherwell players running to the fans through the gate.One thing for sure we are not coming back from 2 down against ANYONE under the current regime so the entrance money was saved.#weneedrealfans
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:13 pm

Defence was truly horrendous in that first 30mins, FFs we need two full backs! As for Devlin, making him captain seems to have stripped him of any ability he had. He needs dropped ASAP. Only pluses were Brophy and Bingham, who put in a good shift when he came on. They might just make a partnership if we play two upfront. There is a decent team in there but can the manager find it?
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:16 pm

Chase Outlaw wrote:Dodged a bullet was a wee bit late Motherwell scored just as i was walking to the ground then just as i past the line (4) of stewards they scored again,I could see the Motherwell players running to the fans through the gate.One thing for sure we are not coming back from 2 down against ANYONE under the current regime so the entrance money was saved.#weneedrealfans

Don't blame you one bit. First 25 minutes were an embarrassment but I feared the worst when I saw the line up. Only wee Brophy up front, and he did well, but he needs support and Imrie and Longridge do not count. I thought 6-0 or worse looked likely and Well taking away our bragging rights from a couple of seasons ago, so a two goal defeat was almost a result although it could have been 4-4 with a bit more luck and better finishing. Just surprised we had no one sent off, once again our discipline was atrocious.

Full backs desperately need Canning and if you can't see this you should have the balls to step aside.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Admin » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:45 am

Ugh... Cracking goals from Crawford though, and he was unlucky on that free kick.

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:26 pm

From the highlights:

Shocking defending for first goal. Goalkeeper error for second, and possibly the third. Stupid penalty to concede for fourth. Crawford's two goals were sublime, good lay-offs for both, and very unlucky not to score the free kick.

By all accounts we were the better team for the last hour, but giving them a 3-goal start in the first half hour rendered that meaningless - the game was over at that point.

We need to get smarter. We need to defend better. My focus before this game was that we needed to create and score more chances, but we have problems all over the park. Take away Crawford and we'd be in big trouble - and if he maintains that form for much longer he'll be away in January.

I still think we have enough about us to stay up this season. Three of four other teams are no better than us. But the margin between staying up and going down is very fine.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:56 pm

It's so hard to think of where to start. I'd like my money back after that performance though.
Lyon has never been good enough for FB and after 18 games now in the past season and a bit he's still not capable of simple defending. How can he not stay goal side of a man? Honestly. Never mind the howler of a penalty.
Mikey Devlin is also not fit for purpose, he's apparently early 20's yet runs like he's on quick sand. He also is failing to spot these runs or organise his defence. The 1st goal was a knocked down header, where Lyon has given up ground, but Devlin isn't making the diagonal run to intercept. He's not our best CB, never mind our most capable captain. Complete school boy stuff with not playing to the whistle and allowing a free shot from 15 yards for the 3rd. absolutely shocking, too busy putting their hands in the air *LYON*
I will forgive Remi, as he's made some great saves so far this season, I suspect with the sub keeper warming up, Remi is still not right from his groin injury.
Brophy was starved of service, but he missed a header from about 7 yards at the end. He has to be clinical with the little service he gets.
Rakish looked quite good, he certainly wasn't scared to run at the Motherwell defenders. Teams must love playing us, we have the exact same formation week in week out along with the same dire tactics and zero creativity. Our inability to defend crosses is beyond a joke, it's been a constant in the Canning reign.
Crawfords goals saved us from too much embarassment. It looked like the header from Moult should have counted as well, looked onside from behind the goals.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:49 pm

It's possible that we could go into Sundays game bottom of the league.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Return to Match Day Archives