Hearts .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:51 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hearts .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Superhammy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:13 am

Think we may get a draw ....

How is our long injury list looking for this one?
Superhammy
Pub League

Postby rubenthedog » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:43 am

struggling to get to stadium today to get a ticket, will any be on sale on saturday morning.
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gaspode » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:55 am

Now a cash turnstile for us. No need for a ticket.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:13 pm

A really hard place to go but it seems Remi may make it and Redmond and Kurtaj played in the U20s game so they should be getting fitness back. A point would be decent enough.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Superhammy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:23 am

Good that remi might be available....
Superhammy
Pub League

Postby WAC » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:50 am

Think we can get a point today, hope to see a good accies crowd there.
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:00 am

I'd be delighted with a draw, although an unlikely win could see us sitting second...if Dundee-Killie draw and Ross county-Motherwell draw.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:35 pm

Euan wrote:I'd be delighted with a draw, although an unlikely win could see us sitting second...if Dundee-Killie draw and Ross county-Motherwell draw.

For a wee while it looked like that was working out...

Ah well, I expected nothing and we came away with nothing. On to the next challenge.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:08 pm

Suppose the positives are that everyone else, who are likely to be near us, drew (apart from Thistle loosing) so no big gap opened up today.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:39 pm

A hard game to sum up, there was so many positives and negatives all mixed into one. We set up in a weird formation with no obvious left midfielder, with Imrie clearly playing right midfield. Seaborne going off, meant MC had a decision to make and I think he got it wrong. Sean is not ready and I think he knew that, hence why he decided to go to a back 5. Donati and Sarris played well and I think we should have just kept the back 4 with Daz in the holding position. We rode our luck sometimes in the first half but had some decent counter attacks, worked really hard, but we did seem to give them too much respect and sat off them more than they deserved.

Second half and we scored a great goal and it was always going to be a job seeing it out. We lost the first with Daz hobbling about after a challenge and he had been covering with Gills out on the left; the second looked like a penalty from the opposite end of the ground, but TV proves no contact and the player saying he slipped - well he went down like a player tackeld to the ground. Its a dive and perhaps clubs are coaching players to play that defence early if caught out by the cameras. The third came at the death as we pushed up a wee bit.

Donati, Sarris, Gregg, Daz and Ali were best; and whilst no real failures Lyon is far from comfortable ( even when he has the ball in his more natural area) and Want has a bit of filling out and experience to gain before he can be expected to match up to Hearts away.

The 5 keeprs, 4 strikers but no full backs strategy looks increasing a victory of hope over substance; we have the money so lets get a full back. Whilst we chased the rainbow that was 22 we failed to cover the core gaps.

We were not out of place today, we could do with being a wee bit more sure of ourselves and we can defo give them problems at home.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:15 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
Euan wrote:I'd be delighted with a draw, although an unlikely win could see us sitting second...if Dundee-Killie draw and Ross county-Motherwell draw.

For a wee while it looked like that was working out...

Ah well, I expected nothing and we came away with nothing. On to the next challenge.

For about 5 minutes...good while it lasted.
Considering I too expected nothing, I was really disappointed with the result. Yet again we scored first, but couldn't capitalise in the Capital.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:26 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:We were not out of place today, we could do with being a wee bit more sure of ourselves and we can defo give them problems at home.

This ^^^ a bit more confidence and maybe we could of seen that out today. Some good performances with Sarris, Donati & Crawford having solid games and both full backs can be particularly pleased with their 90 minutes - every week both Gillespie and Lyon get better and look less like midfielders filling in at full back.

I didn't think that either Docherty or MacKinnon where quite on it today and Dougie remains a bit of an enigma with great energy and work rate but his final ball is too often rotten and he simply doesn't look capable of taking on a full back. D'Acol didn't have the greatest of games but we were poorer when he went off - after Brophy's impact off the bench last week he must be wondering why Bingham got the nod in front of him.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Neilhoodwasmyhero » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:39 am

I was thinking the same about D'Acol, after he departed the scene we didn't seem to be up the park as often, could be coincidence of course! I would have preferred Brophy on too, but I'm sure the manager had his reasons. Fantastic to see another lad who has been with us from the age of 10 coming through to the first team, I thought he acquitted himself well (or equipped himself well, as our National Team Manager might say)
Neilhoodwasmyhero
Seaside Leagues

Postby really? » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:42 am

really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:57 am

I suppose having signed Bingham, the manager wants to see what he can do. Harsh on Brophy though, after the impact he made against RC.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:30 pm

Why has Sam Nicholson not been cited for diving?

Jimmy Walker got a 2 game ban for diving v Celtic earlier in the season.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby really? » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:40 pm

Because we're not Celtic.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Return to Match Day Archives