Dundee V Hamilton Friday 19/08

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Dundee V Hamilton Friday 19/08

Postby Don van Vliet » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:34 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:I'm still in the "dark" as to what a "night" ball is.

Incidentally, there hasn't been a lot said about our goal last night. I can't recall a better long range strike in all my Accies years. Ahead of even Colin Miller's strike in the B & Q semi against Raith in 1991 and a couple of Alex Forsyth screamers against Ayr at DP and Clyde at Shawfield. Recent strikes by Ali v Hearts, Andreu v Partick and Joel Le Goal against Hibs were crackers but for a sweetly struck exocet missile into the top corner, Darren Lyon takes some beating. Sentences you thought you'd never write!

Yep, on the highlights from the Beeb, it looks as though it is still rising as it hits the net.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:23 pm

As a happy clapper, that is an absolutely superb strike.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby JUJUJ » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:49 pm

Dundee's technical area seemed wider than Accies'. It compromised big Martin's prowlability. Accies should claim the points.
JUJUJ
Pub League

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:28 am

JUJUJ wrote:Dundee's technical area seemed wider than Accies'. It compromised big Martin's prowlability. Accies should claim the points.

There aren't enough posts about prowlability.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:51 pm

Watched the extended highlights on Alba. I know he had an awful, awful miss but Mackinnon seemed to play very well. Gillespie looked solid at left back and Donati always seemed in control. Nobody on the posts for the corner though, whereas Devlin had a header cleared off the line from our corner. Basic stuff. Canning is right, we should be on seven points but he along with the players who missed chances has to take some responsibility for us sitting second bottom.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:59 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Watched the extended highlights on Alba. I know he had an awful, awful miss but Mackinnon seemed to play very well. Gillespie looked solid at left back and Donati always seemed in control. Nobody on the posts for the corner though, whereas Devlin had a header cleared off the line from our corner. Basic stuff. Canning is right, we should be on seven points but he along with the players who missed chances has to take some responsibility for us sitting second bottom.

Yip we only stayed up last year due to the good start before the rot set in. These could be very costly points dropped in January when we are on a canning losing streak.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:37 pm

H9crx wrote:
Stevie Clarke wrote:Watched the extended highlights on Alba. I know he had an awful, awful miss but Mackinnon seemed to play very well. Gillespie looked solid at left back and Donati always seemed in control. Nobody on the posts for the corner though, whereas Devlin had a header cleared off the line from our corner. Basic stuff. Canning is right, we should be on seven points but he along with the players who missed chances has to take some responsibility for us sitting second bottom.

Yip we only stayed up last year due to the good start before the rot set in. These could be very costly points dropped in January when we are on a canning losing streak.

Oh yes that was the winning Streak that made you change your mind and conclude that Martin was the man :D. Then there was the winning streak at the end of the season, the one that broke your heart :lol:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Don van Vliet » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:18 pm

H9crx wrote:

Ah yes, every silver lining has a cloud.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives