The Rangers V Accies Sat 6th August

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: The Rangers V Accies Sat 6th August

Postby Chase Outlaw » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:55 pm

Nothing to fear The Rangers were all style over substance and not that stylish.Mike Devlin (I think) very nearly cut out the ball for the goal.WD Martin and players enjoyed that day out.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:19 pm

What a smashing start to the League campaign.

Thought Docherty, Crawford, Gillespie, Sarris and Matthews were great.

Kurakins fell asleep for the goal and shouldve tucked in to cover, Matthews will be disappointed as the ball went under him...but three or four competent saves and a calm assured demenour make up for this - I like him :D

Donati gave the ball away too often but, again, his assured, calm play helped the younger guys settle and play.

Big kudos to MC for being brave in 2nd half and pushing up to try and stop Rangers playing out so easily.

Longridge still frustrates the life out of me. Great energy but there was a few times when he just needs to get a throw in/corner out of Tavernier instead of giving ball away and putting us under pressure again.

We still need a RB and a ST, fairly happy, otherwise. Gillespie did very well yesterday, however......

Hopefully, a quarter final and another 3 pts by 4.50 next Saturday :lol:
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:27 pm

A point that no one was expecting .
MC ' s tactics were spot on .... Was as close to an Sir Alex type team performance as we have had for a long time ...
And we could have won it bar a very good save from their keeper
Just think how that would have felt today ...... :D
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby H9crx » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:51 pm

Matthews will be disappointed as the ball went under him...but three or four competent saves and a calm assured demenour make up for this - I like him :D

Mathews was fantastic don't think many would have saved the goal he took it so quickly. Very good young keeper.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:50 pm

H9crx wrote:Matthews will be disappointed as the ball went under him...but three or four competent saves and a calm assured demenour make up for this - I like him :D

Mathews was fantastic don't think many would have saved the goal he took it so quickly. Very good young keeper.

He was disappointed with himself.

Saw hi annoyed with himself in the immediate aftermath. As I said, very competent performance.....
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby judgeflash » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:36 am

I did say I'd gladly take a draw and still love the result.
Some great performances and really battled to the end.
Devlin/Kurakins let the man slip inside for the equaliser which was a bit of a shame. I'd gladly take a draw at Ibrox on the opening day anytime.
Ali, Sarris and Docherty were really outstanding. I'm hoping a lot of fans who were on the fence seen that performance and want to buy a ST for NDP now. Sorry..Superseal :lol:
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:31 pm

Job well done.

And further proof of the adage that when Crawford plays, Accies play. A wonder goal by Ally, already a contender for goal of the season. I didn't see his nutmegging of Barton, but I wish I had.

A bonus point. Plenty of our rivals will go to Ibrox over the season, perhaps even play better, and come away with nothing. If we can be as resilient as that on the road, and win at least half our home games, we'll be fine.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:16 pm

To pinch a famous quote from 70s tennis player Vitas Gerulaitis, "Nobody beats Hamilton Accies 20 times in a row!"
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:55 pm

We were comfortable all game until Imrie stepped away from a 60-40 challenge in his favour v Barton who then went through him followed by Docherty to allow Forrester to pick a sublime pass for Waghorn to equalise. And that pass from Forrester with the outside of the foot could be the pass of the season.

I would lay no blame at Kurakins door for the equaliser cause as a player looking at that you're already on the front foot thinking 'if Dougie wins this, we're away on a break' and he's not thinking of Waghorn cheating on him behind him.

Missed opportunity when they went down to 10 with 12mins to go as we had no senior players with the savvy to push us on for the win.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby southoftheborder » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:00 am

agree 100% about Imrie and the goal, but don't let it detract from the overall performance.

I though that everyone gave a good account of themselves, but my man of the match was Docherty.
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:25 pm

Clip of Crawford nutmegging Barton is on Twitter: https://twitter.com/spfl/status/762991224793903104

:D
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives