Old match day threads will be moved here

Betfred Cup @ Edinburgh City - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:24 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Betfred Cup @ Edinburgh City - MATCH THREAD

Postby burnsy5shoes » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:47 am

Absolutely buzzing!!! Wee away day at a new ground and a day off work to get a few pints

Really hope we take the game to them early doors and kill the game early. Really hope D'Acol gets a goal to get his confidence going.
Also hope we take a decent away support through.
burnsy5shoes
Pub League

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:52 am

4-0 accies, D'Acol 3, Crawford 1.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:29 pm

Can we put a reasonable defence together tonight? Tena long term injury , McMann injured , Devlin suspended , enter big Georgios?
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:11 pm

With the other results and likely results in our group only 2 wins will do. Defence looking stretched but kurakins will come back in ? And maybe Breslin? We will need to dominate midfield to protect the defence as much as possible.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:12 pm

Hopefully as strong as side as we can put out. Any notion of resting Donati could backfire.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Burst Baws » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:17 pm

Think this could be a nervy night although we should win comfortably in the end. 0-0/0-2 hope that's no tempting fate.
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:20 pm

Redmond, just back in, out injured already. Frustrating for all parties.

Ronan Hughes starts, not sure what the back four combo is.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Chase Outlaw » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:07 pm

1_0 to the mighty city make that 2-0 shambles
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Chase Outlaw » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:11 pm

2-1
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Chase Outlaw » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:15 pm

2-2,Another before half time please.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby Chase Outlaw » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:39 pm

Tomorrow I will visit a shrink.I backed Cannlng's team ht-ft against the minnow of all minnows.Will I ever Learn,a fool and his money and all that.
Chase Outlaw
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:50 pm

On other posts

The usual crowd shout about what do we need him and ha ha we got Donati and you said about that dud! You don't get it one good player is not enough players get injured lose form (Crawford last year) we need a squad not just one or two good players.

I think tonight's defence is just that,make shift due to lack of players. Ow and a shit Manager.

Thank Christ we have Big Alex!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:10 pm

Why is D'Acol, with his confidence surely up, going off at half time? Injured or unfit? We need a win or we're out.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Euan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:59 am

2-0 early on and I feared another Annan.
Thankfully they've learned from that and came back to win 4-2. Pleased for D'Acol to finally score. Now we just need a win at home to Livi to qualify for the knockout stage.
Euan
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:13 am

Deplorable defending.
Very few signings for the most shallow of squads in the league.
I questioned why Redmond was resigned since he's not been fit in years, goes to prove he's just gonna be another 'Could have been'. Showed great promise when we first got him on loan.
Why is Longridge still playing up front?
Stunning strike from Ali too.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby f-in-fitba » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:31 am

Cant argue the defending was deplorable in the first 30 mins or so - but it was makeshift at best. But given the line up and options, possibly the best available?

I think they needed their @sses kicked to galvanise and pull through. I thought that McGregor, after a shaky start looked promising - he played alongside Devlin Saturday and looked comfortable, give him time and a decent partner and he could be very good IMO.

Donati - was it even him? Contrast from Saturday was incredible!!! The whole team looked a bit gubbed TBH. Great strike from Crawford, pleasing to see 2 scoring their first goals for the club (D'Acol and McGregor).

So Ayr was dud, St Mirren was fine. Edin was dud...lets hope Livi will be fine. Erring on the side of being positive here - the season hasn't even started yet, and these games have come just a bit too early.
f-in-fitba
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:52 am

Nine players out if we include Sarris and Canning so we got through it, dealt with adversity and now just need any sort of win on Saturday. I think most squads would struggle at this early stage with all those players unavailable.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:52 am

It's all about the result and we got there. Now a decent chance to progress and 2 top flight teams would love to swop places with us. Lots of players missing as well and still a striker and RB needed but we knew that anyway.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:13 am

For a while I thought I was making up a trilogy of WYAA?, WYAB?, and now WYAM? Cup games against much lower opposition seem to knock us for six! Hopefully, there's not to be another 'Were You at .....?"

However, from Ali's sublime free kick, Accies finally got going, against a team which was organised, strong, if lacking in skill. LL did very little, other than deliver an excellent cross for McGegor's goal, but with a host of injuries, he probably had to start. The introduction of our Development Squad boys near the end upped the pace, and both showed that they had much to offer against a tiring City defence. Pity they were not played from the start, though.

I do fear for the team against a packed partisan crowd at Ibrox a week on Saturday. We are clearly well short of a strong settled defence, and MC should surely have this area sorted out from his time as a central defender. He may have no idea of how to coach a midfield or a forward line, but he needs to ensure that we do not continue to leak goals in the manner we did for the first 20 minutes last night. Our goalkeeper was very sound, commanding in his area, and took every catch cleanly . We just need a back three or four who are equally commanding, when we can then build out from there. Devlin, being free of suspension, will help, but we still need a replacement for Kurakins, on last night's showing. Daz had a quiet game, never got booked, but made a positive difference after replacing LL.

Saturday should b a most interesting game. Do we want to venture further in the BetFred Cup, or not? Jury's out for me.
porcupine
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives