Old match day threads will be moved here

POST MATCH THREAD .V. St. Mirren

Postby Admin » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:02 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: POST MATCH THREAD .V. St. Mirren

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:18 pm

A very nice win with some decent football played - although the third game in a week probably caught up with St Mirren we were right up for it, unlike last week.

Donati looked like everything we hoped; and him and Ali in midfield could be a real basis for us this season. McMann also played well, still a bit raw but I would have him every time over the lacklustre Kurakins.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:07 pm

Interesting that Accies twitter listed the players injured and Kurakins wasn't one of them and he's not even on the bench. Time for McMann to show what he can do, he's 20 and if he can't play a part now then for his own sake he should look elsewhere.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:10 pm

So much better than last week.Some good passing football and Donati a class act.

Only problem was our weaknesses still looked apparent.A physical presence needed at centre back and a decent forward.D'Acol again failing to impress.

Add in a settled right back and another class midfielder and we would be holding our own easily in the League.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:13 pm

Think we are all agreed. Donati stood out a mile today and was always the MOTM. We need to keep him injury free, as he controlled the game with his incisive passing. In saying that, all of the team's passing was very good, and I await seeing that excellent series of moves for the first goal. Our new keeper also had a good game, confident and commanding in the box. St Mirren's keeper saved at least two more goals and kept the score down.

Defence overall looked strong and organised, with three new faces in there. Both the full backs did very well.

I approached this gane with trepidation, after losing at Ayr last week, but saw nothing that caused any real concern, other than lacking a real good centre forward.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Todd_is_God » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:22 pm

Great result today.

Should hopefully give the team some confidence. Good to see Crawford, Imrie and Donati score. We won't get many goals from our forwards I don't feel - not unless Brophy can get himself fit again - so those three are going to be where the majority of our goals come from.
Todd_is_God
Seaside Leagues

Postby Burst Baws » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:06 pm

Great to hear the famous section A getting behind the ex Celt straight from the off with the Mo Mo Massimo song....big pat on the back lads whereas the unsung heroes of our team go without a song despite many excellent performances over the seasons.
Burst Baws
Seaside Leagues

Postby acciescwilson » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:54 am

Gutted I couldn't make it to the game yesterday but I'm hearing all great things about Massimo thankfully, I'm also interested in Jordan McGregor and Jack Breslin. I know Jordan started and Jack came on but what's our first impressions folks?
acciescwilson
Pub League

Postby accies1874 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:03 am

acciescwilson wrote:Gutted I couldn't make it to the game yesterday but I'm hearing all great things about Massimo thankfully, I'm also interested in Jordan McGregor and Jack Breslin. I know Jordan started and Jack came on but what's our first impressions folks?

McGregor looked very comfortable. Breslin was left for dead for a St Mirren chance that Matthews did well to save.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:55 am

Burst Baws wrote:Great to hear the famous section A getting behind the ex Celt straight from the off with the Mo Mo Massimo song....big pat on the back lads whereas the unsung heroes of our team go without a song despite many excellent performances over the seasons.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
accies1874
Premiership

Return to Match Day Archives