Accies .V. Killie - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:14 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Killie - MATCH THREAD

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:06 pm

Our cup final.

Win and we're confirmed in the SPL for another season.

Draw and we keep a healthy lead of 7 points over Killie with 9 points to play for. Likely to be enough.

Lose and we're pulled back to just a 4 point lead. Still probably enough, but squeaky bum time. Especially when Imrie will be missing the last two games.

I'd like to see us go for it - fast out of the traps and look to get the first goal that leaves them chasing and desperate. Which could lead to a repeat of our last result. Confidence is high through the spine of the team - McGovern, Gillespie, Crawford and Morris. But we (the fans) need to be patient: a sneaky 1-0 would be a fantastic result, one that I'd take right now. Let's not forget the pressure's all on them.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Accies Finest Spark » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:15 pm

Let's turn up in numbers get behind the players and roar them on to a 3rd win in a row

The players attitudes v Dundee and Dundee United has been first class and shows that the internal meeting the players had together has worked.

3points on Saturday a must

Cmon the red and white men
Accies Finest Spark
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:53 pm

Accies Finest Spark wrote:Let's turn up in numbers get behind the players and roar them on to a 3rd win in a row

The players attitudes v Dundee and Dundee United has been first class and shows that the internal meeting the players had together has worked.

I agree with the sentiment re the fans - no matter the ups and downs IF we survive in this league it is a major achievement for this club which lives within its means and has the smallest budget and fan base in the division.

The only niggle for me is that Killie have almost nothing to lose and could just go for it, whilst nerves could kick in as we have the 'benefit' of the draw (almost). With huge suspensions pending this is the chance to clinch it without any panic. But you know what see if it doesn't go our way, we are still 4 points ahead and there will be no need for the inevitable panic, doom and gloom.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:16 am

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot ... yyL1jqr.97

Disrespectful is how Mark Warburton might react to that; but I prefer to words of Kevin Keagan 'A would luv it if we beat them'
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:02 am

For those of us who don't want to give the Rancid a penny, can someone summarise what that was about?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:33 am

Basically, Clark at Killy suggesting he has the experience of BIG games (with MC having none) and this is a must win one. On the other hand, Canning playing down the importance of the game to keep our players relaxed.

To stuff Killy after that outburst, would be excellent.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:57 am

Sounds like Clark clutching at straws, trying to find a positive.

It is a must-win for them, and even that might not be enough. As I said, the pressure's all on them.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby silverfox » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:15 pm

The last few games have seen Accies play with self belief, shape and purpose. Killie may wish to take the game to Accies, but since the Dundee game, Accies appear to be much better ( having now adopted a more attack minded formation) taking the game to the opposition. Pressure all on Kille
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:54 am

look at the difference in the last 2 games when we have taken the game to the opposition.

To be honest if that was the shape of things to come I would be happy with Canning!

His utterly bizarre team selection and tactics at Aberdeen had me thinking (again) he has to go now!

Now I'm not so sure, stick with this attacking formula and see how Canning goes.

Let's take the game to Killie right from the start, stop looking over our shoulder and aim to overtake Inverness and Partick
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:02 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:
Accies Finest Spark wrote:Let's turn up in numbers get behind the players and roar them on to a 3rd win in a row

I agree with the sentiment re the fans - no matter the ups and downs IF we survive in this league it is a major achievement for this club which lives within its means and has the smallest budget and fan base in the division.

The only niggle for me is that Killie have almost nothing to lose and could just go for it, whilst nerves could kick in as we have the 'benefit' of the draw (almost). With huge suspensions pending this is the chance to clinch it without any panic. But you know what see if it doesn't go our way, we are still 4 points ahead and there will be no need for the inevitable panic, doom and gloom.

Shut up and just enjoy yourself for once. We are staying up. Only you could put a negative on positivity on the fact that all accies fans think we can beat killie and stay up. On the other hand if all accies fans on here where doom and gloom for this game and where negative you would be against them. You've just proved yourself as nothing but a troll on here. We are staying up
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Admin » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:57 am

Hey now, steady on...
Admin
Site Admin

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:24 am

Bomber Harris wrote:
redandwhite1874 wrote:

Shut up and just enjoy yourself for once. We are staying up. Only you could put a negative on positivity on the fact that all accies fans think we can beat killie and stay up. On the other hand if all accies fans on here where doom and gloom for this game and where negative you would be against them. You've just proved yourself as nothing but a troll on here. We are staying up

Ironic, from the guy who even after the united game didn't accept we were even fighting to stay in this league :roll: And not to forget the man who said changing managers worked for United and Killie :lol: :oops: :roll:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:28 am

Red in white being called a troll shock horror! This can't be ture can it :twisted:
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:48 am

It's not ture I can assure you :lol:

If you can't defend what you say then don't say it or perhaps don't say it repeatedly or so vociferously. You could perhaps spend your time trying to understand what the words you use actually mean.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:10 pm

Seems bizarre to me that he's getting called a troll for even suggesting that we could lose today. Maybe rewind a few weeks. He'd have likely been called a troll for suggesting we might win.:-D
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:53 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Seems bizarre to me that he's getting called a troll for even suggesting that we could lose today. Maybe rewind a few weeks. He'd have likely been called a troll for suggesting we might win.:-D
:)

He is called a troll as he looks for old posts and then try's to gloats abut them in the attempt be little other users.

TROLL
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:00 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Seems bizarre to me that he's getting called a troll for even suggesting that we could lose today. Maybe rewind a few weeks. He'd have likely been called a troll for suggesting we might win.:-D

Just let the dafties veer from one indefensible straight to another; and watch as they hide from their persistent nonsense like a couple a weans.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:03 pm

H9crx wrote:
:)

He is called a troll as he looks for old posts and then try's to gloats abut them in the attempt be little other users.

TROLL

You love to play the victim card one moment and then abuser in chief the next. Your previous nonsense posts are held up to highlight your total lack of credibility and ability to be rational now and in the past; and to cement your position as 'Daftie in chief'. The best way to prevent folk casting up your rubbish is to stop generating it in the first place.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:04 pm

Disgraceful.
That is all.
Tumbleweed
Pub League

Next

Return to Match Day Archives