Accies .V. Killie - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Killie - MATCH THREAD

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:07 pm

Today was as bad, as last week was good. No players got pass marks this week and despite the officials not helping I doubt the game would have been any different. The first goal was out apparently, but I thought the second one was onside? The players all stopped which was a schoolboy error in that area of the park and was indicative of our nervy approach to the whole game.

MC was bold last week and it worked; he was equally bold this week and it failed spectacularly. He changed to 451 for the second half but to no effect as Killie still out worked us all over the park.

Still fighting, but suspensions are going to bite and none of the new players look likely to assist the cause.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:24 pm

Well where do we start.........
No fight , no desire to win , very little ( if any ) skill on show , second to EVERY ball , very few players could actually pass to a player in their own team , no urgency ...........the list goes on and on......... :oops:

Perhaps the last two games ( although one was against a very poor DUFC ) have been a blip and now normal service has resumed ....

Hope I'm proved wrong , but if we play out the next three games like today, then we WILL be in trouble .

Say what you like about Lee Clarke and Killie , bit there was only going to be one winner today :cry

Been a few times this season where I have felt really low after a game , but today , really feels like WE are the team who could go down .
If today wasn't must win , then the next game certainly is now !!!
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Euan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:34 pm

Next game isn't but final 2 could be.
ICT home and Thistle away(which could be a play off decider, and be reason to be more annoyed about them beating us at home, when we were all over them first half and changed it second, when Kremy(the fattest player ever) came on).
Couldn't make the game today, due to a prior commitment, which I'm now glad forced me to miss it.
Very disappointing result, which sums up our season.
Euan
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:16 pm

I,like many others have watched a lot of dross over the years,but today was the "Breakaway moment".No fight,no desire,the worst performance since 1-5 v Stranraer and even then,there were excuses.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun May 01, 2016 12:04 am

I left after 66 mins but what I saw wasn't lack of fight or desire, it was total ineptitude from just about every player. We couldn't do the basics so it was just hoof,punt and clatter. Utter utter dross.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sun May 01, 2016 10:07 am

You love to play the victim card one moment and then abuser in chief the next. Your previous nonsense posts are held up to highlight your total lack of credibility and ability to be rational now and in the past; and to cement your position as 'Daftie in chief'. The best way to prevent folk casting up your rubbish is to stop generating it in the first place.[/quote]

As trolling is actively encouraged

"However; at least the Killie board have ambition :lol: and have changed manager, and have went for an experienced replacement; all sure fire routes to success accordingly to some/many."
redandwhite1874

Yes that ambition pumped us yesterday!

Pot and kettle mate and I question your credibility! Also name calling is for the play ground.

Have a good day
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun May 01, 2016 10:33 am

I've only ever left an Accies game early once. Yesterday would have been the second if I didn't have guests with me. Spineless, gutless, unable to string two passes together, hoofball, taking forty minutes to get a shot on target. You really wouldn't have known it was as big a game as it was. Killie were so much more up for it right from the start and we crapped ourselves big style.

I do think the ball crossed the line in the lead up to their first but would it really have mattered, killie were far better than us all over the pitch for 90 minutes and could have scored more. For all it was a terrible decision it would only have delayed the inevitable.

We got a few silly bookings yesterday too. We are already without Dougie for the final two games, if we continue to lose the head and get silly bookings for dissent we could end up with a few regulates in the stand, although that may be a good thing to bring in some new faces.

As an aside, have we ever won a game when we've had our 'bring a friend' day for season book holders? One of my guests today has taken up my offer of a free ticket every time and commented today he doesn't think he's seen us win on one of these days?
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun May 01, 2016 11:12 am

H9crx wrote:
Yes that ambition pumped us yesterday!

Pot and kettle mate and I question your credibility! Also name calling is for the play ground.

Have a good day

Clarke's record is no better than Canning's even after yesterday. I consider your questioning of my credibility as a compliment.

Victim card again, oh dear.

Ps interesting that you joined a conversation on this very thread outlining that I was being too negative as I stated that Killie had more to play for and we could be nervy. Still facts are of no relevance to the likes of you.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun May 01, 2016 11:23 am

I'm as sure as I can be, with my view, that the ball was out and their first goal should not have stood. Goals change games, and I honestly thought we were the better team until they scored their second, which might have been offside. Certainly, if both those goals were chalked off, it's a different game.

But you could see our confidence draining away with each concession. Our defence was at fault with both first half goals in not playing to the whistle. We repeatedly failed to thread passes through the middle and didn't seem able to use the wings. We missed a couple of chances that could have changed things. But whatever the tactics, they didn't work, the substitutions didn't change anything, and what really stood out was how much more Killie wanted it than we did. The game was finished by a soft penalty concession, and wrapped up with an own goal. In the end we were well beaten and can have no complaints.

I still think we'll avoid the play-offs, but if we don't, this was the game that did it.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed May 04, 2016 10:25 am

What a fucking shambles.
I managed to get 2 free tickets to take my friends, they won't be back.
We all know Martin Canning has very little to offer from a managerial side, however even if those players don't want to play for him, the fact they are failing to do the basics week in and week out, make me think they're sheep in wolves clothing sometimes. Out played in every position, second to every ball. Really sick of the tactics of side to side then PUNT.
The sad sad fact is, even if we went down, the board will still stick with this manager. You could offer season tickets for £50, how exactly are you going to attract fans to endure this kind of drivel, when they can drive 20 minutes up the road and watch Griffiths ping in goals for fun.

Some of the main offenders for me
Devlin - Unable to read a run, unable to play a pass 10 yards. I found myself shockingly wishing Jesus was on.
Crawford - The man we all look to make something happen in midfield, overwhelmed at every turn. Looked like a boy amongst men.
Morris - His deplorable diving aside, the only time he looked decent was when he tried to outpace the LB down the wing, why isn't he trying to do this more often?!
Gillespie - Gifted the second goal, was dominated in every one on one, I think his goal last week was a little blip on the radar.

That's just off the top of my head as well. They easily could've scored in the first few minutes too, if not for Mcgovern.

Between all the deserved screams at canning coming from the crowd, worryingly a lot of people seemed very angry that Brophy wasn't being brought on ? Am I the only one that thinks he would have been like a fish out of water trying to win the non stop aerial balls against that number 4? I don't think he was the answer, or the 3 foot 9 Redmond. Least it wasn't Longridge coming on.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed May 04, 2016 9:20 pm

judgeflash wrote:Least it wasn't Longridge coming on.

He was in the stand a couple of rows in front of me. :shock:
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu May 05, 2016 10:02 am

Willie Wastle wrote:
judgeflash wrote:Least it wasn't Longridge coming on.

He was in the stand a couple of rows in front of me. :shock:

He probably was thinking about jumping the barrier, or if he could sneak away home without getting noticed.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat May 07, 2016 9:43 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:I,like many others have watched a lot of dross over the years,but today was the "Breakaway moment".No fight,no desire,the worst performance since 1-5 v Stranraer and even then,there were excuses.

Seems like bad timing to me, not to mention a complete lack of perspective as to where defeat left us last week
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives