Inverness v Accies

Old match day threads will be moved here

Inverness v Accies

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:45 am

Its always a long haul back down the road after a defeat (Average speed cameras don’t help). Alex reverted to Gordon, devlin, tena and henry yesterday in defence with Canning on the bench but too often as Inverness regained the ball in midfield and went forward from where i was sitting they were gifted a huge empty space on the RHS of the park where Gordon and devlin should have been. Alex says teams are wising up how to play us but defensive errors don’t help. I accept yesterday we stared pushing up in the latter part of the game to try and get something back exposing the back but to quote McKinnon ‘we lost 4 soft goals’. And why did it take so long to bring on Scotland. he can still play and made a big difference when he did come on but not with 10 minutes left. We are still scoring goals but the defence is the problem. Lovely sunny day though :)
Alfie Olek

Re: Inverness v Accies

Postby H9crx » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:29 am

Think scotland needs a start.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby NewDouglasPark » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:10 pm

Couldn't agree more!! We all realised that Scotland was never going to be more than an impact player this year, but he isn't even being used as that. I don't understand why?? Fair enough, he can't play 90 mins every game but all of last season and beginning of this one he would come on last 25 mins when the game had opened up and, more often than not, make a telling contribution. But he rarely gets on at all now. What was the point in giving him another year if he isn't going to get played??

As I stated on the P&B site (to a lot of criticism), I simply don't rate Curier. The big guy is full of effort but nothing more. He has scored goals but they never seem to be vital ones, eg. winners or equalisers, whereas with Scotland and Andreu you always feel you have a chance of sneaking one, regardless of how the team are playing. Giving Andy Ryan the last 25 mins yesterday while only giving Scotland the last 8 mins was a joke.

I know that, after shipping another 4 goals, we should probably be concentrating on the more pressing problem of defence. But the Scotland thing is a bug bear of mine. I still think he can offer a lot at this level. he has the nous and class that Curier can only dream about even if he doesn't have the fitness. Give him some game time please Alex!!
NewDouglasPark
Pub League

Postby The Cisco Kid » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:12 pm

For those who didn't endure yesterday's torture.
McGovern poor
Gordon awful
Hendrie spent most of game on his backside
Tena fewest mistakes
Devlin all over the place
Redmond rubbish
Routledge rubbish
Mckinnon liability almost sent off AGAIN
Andreu only class act we have
Crawford abysmal worst by a mile
Courier very poor totally ineffective.

I'm all for youth but you also need 6 experienced
Players as well and we were totally overrun by a
team who had just that.
The bubble burst yesterday big time.
The Cisco Kid
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:19 pm

Just watched the gaols from the last few games! Most of them big punts up the park or crosses! Easy to defend but we are making a cunt of it! Devlin looked like a bomb scare! Think canning and Jesus is the best partnes ship!

Not brining in a left back and Center half may haunt us!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby fair city » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:54 pm

What a poor show at Inverness yesterday. We were well beaten by a team who were superior in all departments but stood out in one of the most important aspects being effort. In recent weeks we have been a "team" in every sense of the word but not in this game where we were only units and poor ones at that. I've never heard so many fans leaving a ground with so much disapointment. It would be hard to allocate pass marks to anyone but I have to pick out 22 and Tena as being up to the mark.
Another aspect puzzled me. The pitch seemed to be very slippy judging by the number of Accies players who lost their footing and fell yet not one Inverness player went down. Was this all due to a bad choice on footwear.
We have fallen a bit in the league placings so perhaps there are lessons to be learned somewhere along the line. Lets hope this awful display was just a "one of" and there will be a return to better form soon.
fair city
Pub League

Postby simonswimmer » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:34 am

At the Partick game, I noticed the accies back line, specifically Ziggy twice appealed for offside, raised their arms and stopped tracking back with the partick forwards. The first time they got away with it as the attack came to nothing, the second time, partick scored.

Once again, regarding the 3rd Inverness goal, Ziggy raises an arm and comes to a complete standstill appealing for offside while play goes on (and Inverness score). Whether or not any of these were actually offside is not relevant, PLEASE ZIGGY, PLAY TO THE WHISTLE.
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby Colombian Boffin » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:50 am

Looking at the "highlights" of both games again PT & ICT, our defence does seem to be struggling at the moment, compared to the early season solidity. By continuing to work hard, I'm sure we'll recover. It was always going to get tougher rather than easier as the season progressed. No reason not to "keep the heid".
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby PaulWinters » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:20 pm

It's usually easier to coach not losing goals that scoring goals. Also, when Grant Gillespie returns, hopefully the defence will be better protected.

PS. Note for mods - apparently "Kate Bush" has tried to register to join the Forum, but awaits any response. Can this be expedited ?
PaulWinters
Pub League

Postby Admin » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:32 pm

PaulWinters wrote:PS. Note for mods - apparently "Kate Bush" has tried to register to join the Forum, but awaits any response. Can this be expedited ?

I activated that account awhile back, has KateBush tried to log in recently?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby porcupine » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Is Kate Bush not now a Brazilian??
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Working for Cunard » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:17 am

porcupine wrote:Is Kate Bush not now a Brazilian??

More like Lemmy these day, TBH.
Working for Cunard
Seaside Leagues

Postby KateBush » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:48 am

Out on the wiley windy moors,
I'll kick your head in if you say that again:

( Kate Bush is the first poster to get a ban under the new regime )
KateBush
Pub League

Return to Match Day Archives