Aberdeen .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Aberdeen .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby H9crx » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:15 pm

I will like to bet we don't see the new fat midfielder play again!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:17 pm

Any of us could put out 5 at the back and leave it for 40 mins.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:19 pm

H9crx wrote:I will like to bet we don't see the new fat midfielder play again!

Amazing a guy struggling for fitness and with no time with us starts. He is also off the back of a long journey back from international duty.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:24 pm

Suggested that we are now 442. Finally at 42 minutes" Duh!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:29 pm

An embarrassment, how long can this go on!!
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby H9crx » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:29 pm

Canning being slaughtered on BT sport half time analysis.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:37 pm

According to bbc report Kremy was having a nightmare and (likely) feigned injury to save his embarrassment.
Can't see the game as nowhere near a tv, gladly, but saw enough against Thistle to question why we signed this fat lump.
Euan
Premiership

Postby 90mins+ET » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:11 pm

That was grim viewing to say the least. :shock:
90mins+ET
Pub League

Postby DC United » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:17 pm

Our players giving their all and properly organised against the Aberdeen players doing the same will lose. What's hard to stomach is the lack of effort shown by so many. Only McGovern gets pass marks - how many times is that now this season?

Not good enough. A pub team would be embarassed to lose the first two goals the way we did. Aberdeen could have taken us to the cleaners had they not eased off.

I don't think anyone reasonably expects Hamilton to be challenging for Europe (although Motherwell seem to be when not so long ago we were beating them...) however a bit of desire and organisation,otherwise known as professionalism shouldn't have to be asked for.
DC United
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:20 pm

DC United wrote:Our players giving their all and properly organised against the Aberdeen players doing the same will lose. What's hard to stomach is the lack of effort shown by so many. Only McGovern gets pass marks - how many times is that now this season?

Not good enough. A pub team would be embarassed to lose the first two goals the way we did. Aberdeen could have taken us to the cleaners had they not eased off.

I don't think anyone reasonably expects Hamilton to be challenging for Europe (although Motherwell seem to be when not so long ago we were beating them...) however a bit of desire and organisation,otherwise known as professionalism shouldn't have to be asked for.

What he said
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Here are my thoughts......

Why on earth would you start with the same set up as the Parkhead mauling?? Talk about stupid.

Guys, make no mistake, Accies are going down this year......unless we start actually playing as a team, passing the ball properly and making better decisions all over the park.

The amount of passes that went astray, simple 5/10 yard affairs was awful......

Although the first two goals were individual errors, Kurakins and Docherty had no idea what they were supposed to be doing, Tena was getting pulled all over the pitch (slowly) and Augustin seemed incapable of moving very far...

I freely admit that Diaby hasn't started brilliantly but, man, we need to give him a chance......D'Acol has had more chances and we can say he doesn't look up to the job.

The second half was better but McGovern bailed us out (and Aberdeen spurned a few chances)........I understand we all made the journey/gave up the time etc but, blimey, we are uber-quick to jump on the players' backs.

Frustrating, yes! A repeated pattern over the last few months, yes! Helpful, no!!

There were very few that I would say didn't put a shift in today.......bad mistakes, poorly set up etc were the main components of our downfall.

One final thing....what in good God's name was Kurtaj smiling at after final whistle?? The guy in front of me, rightly, had a go at him and he seemed to suggest a square go, out the front....wtf??
That type of player....to me his nose was out of joint because he was sub.....has no place in our football club.
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Accies Finest Spark » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:20 pm

Mrsweetleftfoot wrote:Here are my thoughts......

Why on earth would you start with the same set up as the Parkhead mauling?? Talk about stupid.

Guys, make no mistake, Accies are going down this year......unless we start actually playing as a team, passing the ball properly and making better decisions all over the park.

Although the first two goals were individual errors, Kurakins and Docherty had no idea what they were supposed to be doing, Tena was getting pulled all over the pitch (slowly) and Augustin seemed incapable of moving very far...

I freely admit that Diaby hasn't started brilliantly but, man, we need to give him a chance......D'Acol has had more chances and we can say he doesn't look up to the job.

The second half was better but McGovern bailed us out (and Aberdeen spurned a few chances)........I understand we all made the journey/gave up the time etc but, blimey, we are uber-quick to jump on the players' backs.

Frustrating, yes! A repeated pattern over the last few months, yes! Helpful, no!!

There were very few that I would say didn't put a shift in today.......bad mistakes, poorly set up etc were the main components of our downfall.

One final thing....what in good God's name was Kurtaj smiling at after final whistle?? The guy in front of me, rightly, had a go at him and he seemed to suggest a square go, out the front....wtf??
That type of player....to me his nose was out of joint because he was sub.....has no place in our football club.

That would be me

Unbelievable actions from a player at our club smiling and waving then gesturing to see me outside.

This woll not be the end of this saga
Accies Finest Spark
Pub League

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:49 pm

Accies Finest Spark wrote:

That would be me

Unbelievable actions from a player at our club smiling and waving then gesturing to see me outside.

For what it's worth, I reckon you could've taken him ;)

Do you plan to contact the club?? Sorry, if I'm being nosey...... :)
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:44 am

As usual Canning takes no blame , no blame for setting up with three at back against against a team who play with one striker but two of the best wide players in the league leaving us exposed down the wings , no blame for starting a guy who is clearly way short of fitness , no blame for not making a change to the tactics until the game was gone . Like him or not Chris Sutton could not believe Canning did not change tactics straight away , all's you heard was "surely he sees this , he has to change this formation , why has he not changed it" but we all know why . its Canning and he is so scared to do anything positive in a game(why he is negative in games i don't know as he could lose every game and he would not be sacked)

Watching the game on tele was embarrassing , well done to the folk who went , we were not even competitive first half , yes we expected to lose but that was laughable regards to tactics , tv and radio pundits were almost taking the piss out of him yesterday .

Oh well brush it under the carpet Martin and enjoy another mid-week of the club paying your expenses to go and watch other teams games , wonder how much you will wet your knickers over Dundee .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:53 am

"We have two of the best wingers and two of the best full backs in the league so he plays three at the back and we run riot from the off. Crazy tactics."

That is a quote from an Aberdeen fan , not that the board would read this or pay attention to it BUT our manager is payed to know how the opposition set up , yet clearly Canning did not , guess the board are happy with his job performance .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:22 am

The BOD protection of canning is turning into a false acconamy as every one else involved in Scottish football is now seeing him a a donkey. When he is finally sacked he will never get s managers gig again.

Due to the amount of players we have out of contract I would not put it past the club that they want relegation to save on wages next year and just play the u20's. Why have the fat midfielder and Diaby not been playing in the U20's as they are clearly unfit.

Canning out les and Ronnie out
H9crx
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:08 am

Accies Finest Spark wrote:

That would be me

I know who my money would be on !!
Should have taken him up on his offer.......

Hopefully the club will have a reaction to this .
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:20 am

Why play 5 at the back at home against MFC and DUFC , who at home are teams we should be beating , then go with 3 at the back against the second best team in the league away from home ??
In the home draw with Aberdeen we were continually exposed in the wide areas , yet our manager somehow thought that by going 3 at the back we would be able to combat that while playing at Pittodrie , where it was obvious that Aberdeen would be going at us from the first minute .......
Hold your hands up and say you got the formation wrong.......I'm sure most of us would appreciate that .....
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:48 pm

The set up was bound to fail; but 2 school boy errors from defenders; from Kurakins who is a continual bomb scare who proactively avoids responsibility and Ziggy who is perhaps resting on previous laurels (and has been for months). Absolutely crazy selections in Diaby and Kemy, added to by chucking in the anonymous Redmond. Not sure any of the players could think they did ok, and that level of failure must sit with the manager.

I said before we need to settle on our best set up (451) and the best players we have. The time for lucky punts or a victory of hope over reality should have gone; but Canning is a desperate man, making desperate choices.

We didn't expect anything from the game; but Canning managed to fail to meet even the low expectations he has given to us.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:01 am

Same old shit. Individual errors aside, this team reeks of the last days of Billy Reid. Same clueless tactics and once in form players becoming so inept they can't play a ball 10 yards in a straight line. We might be that "wee" team but I don't think a single accies fan would think we would be playing so poorly if Alex was still in charge, he wouldnt stand for it/actually had a clue.
The only way the board is going to listen is when they see the Season tickets not being renewed, giving away 1000 free tickets per game is a nice gesture, but also shows that whilst they are great for investing in the community, they're forgetting the basics of a professional football team - Play attractive football, ensure the right men are in the right managerial positions(filtering down to players fit for purpose) TRY and get results, build your fanbase, just now they're doing everything possible to reverse any of this.
judgeflash
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives