Old match day threads will be moved here

Accies .V. Partick Thistle - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:50 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Partick Thistle - MATCH THREAD

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:01 am

Massive opportunity but will we try to win or revert to park the bus, as a draw could see us go 6 clear of Killie. For me we are struggling for 4 defenders never mind 5. 451 but please keep Gills in the middle and not at full back and hopefully Ali can return as well. Left back an issue so perhaps Ziggy there with Lyon at RB?
Brophy up front could be interesting as well.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:34 pm

Think we now need around 6 points to stay in the league and killie have Celtic so its a game we could afford to lose compared to last week so why not go for it with Brophy and diaby up front.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:06 pm

Alexander the Great wrote:Think we now need around 6 points to stay in the league and killie have Celtic so its a game we could afford to lose compared to last week so why not go for it with Brophy and diaby up front.

Diaby hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha sake
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:12 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:
Alexander the Great wrote:Think we now need around 6 points to stay in the league and killie have Celtic so its a game we could afford to lose compared to last week so why not go for it with Brophy and diaby up front.

Diaby hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha sake

so please explain why this is hilarious ?
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:21 pm

Coz he's guff ATG same with Congo Chris. Rumor is they 2 are fake players
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:20 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:Coz he's guff ATG same with Congo Chris. Rumor is they 2 are fake players

Oh dear, who started the rumour.....you, the fat controller and strathaven's fattest man ?
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Steven MacReedy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:49 pm

Hopefully Clueless Canning and Les send the team out to win the win the game not for a 0-0.
Gutted I won't make it but promised my mate Alan I would help him tidy his garden.
Steven MacReedy
Pub League

Postby Bomber Harris » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:39 pm

I think marvellous Martin will go for this as he has a great bunch of boys. 3-0 Accies Diaby all 3. Btw admin ATG at it again with his crap. No idea what he's on about now but off topic again.
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:21 am

Looking forward to this game...as long as we put out the same team as last week and go for the win we are capable of, which would almost confirm our SPFL status for next season.
Euan
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:20 am

Euan wrote:Looking forward to this game...as long as we put out the same team as last week and go for the win we are capable of, which would almost confirm our SPFL status for next season.

This will be a big ask as some are suspended on of which is out red hot striker with the impressive total of five goals.

Would like to see Broohy and Diaby up top, Broohy in the same role as Kenny Miller played last night.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:31 am

The suspension may mean a tinkering with personnel. Gordon to LB, Lyon to RB, possibly Gillespie to RB....hope not though.

Up front is an interesting one....Brophy would appear favourite to start but I wouldn't rule out D'Acol or Diaby starting....but, Brophy will hopefully get the nod.....

Hopefully we try to be positive as this is a very winnable match....

I'm going 2-1 for Accies.....have Accies scored than one goal since Inverness loss in December?? Don't think so....

Anyone else heard about the rumour surrounding Kemy Augustine....ex-Swansea midfielder???
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:10 am

Last 3 games v them at NDP have been draws and we haven't won at home since September. They have been up and down almost as much as us but are a bit tighter at the back. They are coming off 3 defeats to the top team so will be up for this; but like us they have folk missing.
We surely must keep 451 and hopefully we don't mess about too much in replacing the missing players; and hopefully Ali is back. A win would be massive, a loss would keep us right in the mix for relegation and a draw would still probably see us edge a wee bit for Killie.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:12 am

Mrsweetleftfoot wrote:The suspension may mean a tinkering with personnel. Gordon to LB, Lyon to RB, possibly Gillespie to RB....hope not though.

Up front is an interesting one....Brophy would appear favourite to start but I wouldn't rule out D'Acol or Diaby starting....but, Brophy will hopefully get the nod.....

Hopefully we try to be positive as this is a very winnable match....

I'm going 2-1 for Accies.....have Accies scored than one goal since Inverness loss in December?? Don't think so....

Anyone else heard about the rumour surrounding Kemy Augustine....ex-Swansea midfielder???

Wee bit on twitter yesterday, played at a more than decent level but appears injury prone and probably way short of match fitness......................... sounds like a defo we will sign him then :oops: :roll:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:15 pm

Kenmy I think has signed and goes straight into the squad. From reliable source. So looks like Gills right back and new guy centre mid
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:00 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:I think marvellous Martin will go for this as he has a great bunch of boys. 3-0 Accies Diaby all 3. Btw admin ATG at it again with his crap. No idea what he's on about now but off topic again.

Admin bomber Harris must be removed, he has brought nothing to this forum, but slag off the manager from day one of him getting the job, was told he sat in the snug of local last Saturday roaring leave me alone I am in a mood all because we won !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Euan » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:34 pm

H9crx wrote:
Euan wrote:Looking forward to this game...as long as we put out the same team as last week and go for the win we are capable of, which would almost confirm our SPFL status for next season.

This will be a big ask as some are suspended on of which is out red hot striker with the impressive total of five goals.

Would like to see Broohy and Diaby up top, Broohy in the same role as Kenny Miller played last night.

Realised that after posting, what I mean is Gils and Docherty in the team and a bit of dig and attack.

Great last minute loss for Killie should inspire us to move further away from them.
Euan
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:08 pm

I think we need to give Canning more time to turn it around!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:15 pm

Terrible, terrible stuff. We were great in the opening 20 minutes and looked like causing them all sorts of problems but got rid of our nice passing football for long ball rubbish that caused them absolutely no harm. We didn't look like doing anything once they scored. The back four were horrific and Kurtaj was, unsurprisingly, completely anonymous.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:21 pm

Although that was better then Motherwell we, again, seem to lose a match against a team, in my opinion, no better than us.

Gillespie, MacKinnon were poor today and lost the midfield battle after 15 minutes.

We get the ball on the ground, move Thistle around, score a nice goal and then..........stop doing that....return to hoofball where Brophy has next to no chance in the land of the Giants.
Can someone please tell me what is wrong with trying to play football on the bloody deck???

Pass marks for Ziggy, Devlin and Imrie.....shocker!......the rest, I'm not sure. What the hell were Lyon, MacKinnon and one other (I couldn't see) doing in the lead up to PT equaliser....3 ball watching!

Better buckle up folks this is going the distance! I thought, when 1-0 up, that's us (just about) safe....stoopid me!!

Aberdeen and Dundee = 0 points for me....will we still be 5 ahead going into split...I think not!!
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Next

Return to Match Day Archives