Accies .V. Partick Thistle - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Partick Thistle - MATCH THREAD

Postby judgeflash » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:26 am

RedAndWhite I know you keep defending Ali till the end, capable or not he's showed very inconsistent form for over a year now. He's one the most talented young footballers I've seen come from Scotland but he's been a passenger in the team for a long time now. If its fitness or confidence I dont know, I think teams have got wise to his style of play and just bully him off the ball, not giving him a chance at times. If he can't adapt , that's his fault not the fans that question him. He could again become our star player but I dunno what it's gonna take to change him into a consistantly good performer.
Ziggy and Imrie have been our best players so far this season, Mcgovern has had some amazing match saving moments, also some terrible positioning has led to soft goals.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:24 pm

Fair enough. Applying the consistent performer criteria who would comprise your starting 11?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:35 pm

I dunno if I could answer that to be honest, as I listed above barely ANYONE has been a consistent performer this season.
My problem with Ali is we all know the level he CAN perform at on a regular basis. We desperately need some quality players. The euro randoms we sign rarely seem to ever work.

Mcgovern
Gordon, Devlin, Tag, Kurakins
Gillespie
Imrie Mackinnin or Remond *when fit* Kurtaj
Morris *if persisting with long balls*
Brophy

Best of a bad bunch of form, b ut probably who i would go with.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:58 pm

judgeflash wrote:I dunno if I could answer that to be honest, as I listed above barely ANYONE has been a consistent performer this season.
My problem with Ali is we all know the level he CAN perform at on a regular basis. We desperately need some quality players. The euro randoms we sign rarely seem to ever work.

Mcgovern
Gillespie
Brophy

I would suggest that inconsistent would perhaps sum up Devlin, Tag, Kurakins, Kurtaj, McKinnon; but I don't disagree that they are the best we have.

For me Redmond is nowhere near good enough, fit enough or robust enough. That Redmond is potentially the replacement for Ali is a victory of hope over pragmatism, and one that would please our opposition managers and players.

So why we would drop a potentially better (best) player like Ali for people with perhaps the same (or worse) consistency levels ?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:43 pm

Crawford is our best player but he's been proving it less and less recently. I've given Kurtaj lots of stick on here and P & B before but he just isn't a winger. Him, Ali, Docherty and Redmond all want to play in the same position and it just doesn't work. Dougie and Longridge have been our only natural wingers for years and we keep trying (even under Neil) to play players that are best behind the striker there. I'd like to see Docherty have a consistent run of games behind Brophy as they have promise of a good partnership up there. Obviously it'd be Dougie on the right but the left hand side is a toss-up between Kurtaj and Redmond; both of whom have done next to nothing (or just nothing in Redmond's case) for months.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:34 am

redandwhite1874 wrote:
judgeflash wrote:I dunno if I could answer that to be honest, as I listed above barely ANYONE has been a consistent performer this season.

Mcgovern
Gillespie
Brophy

I would suggest that inconsistent would perhaps sum up Devlin, Tag, Kurakins, Kurtaj, McKinnon; but I don't disagree that they are the best we have.

For me Redmond is nowhere near good enough, fit enough or robust enough. That Redmond is potentially the replacement for Ali is a victory of hope over pragmatism, and one that would please our opposition managers and players.

So why we would drop a potentially better (best) player like Ali for people with perhaps the same (or worse) consistency levels ?

Redmond and Devlin have both been suffering from long term injuries, so I don't expect them to come out the blocks running. It'll take them a while to get into match shape again.
I'm not sayin Redmond should be a long term replacement for Ali, I'm suggesting Ali needs to fight for his position again, as he's been in a slump for so long that I don't see any other solution than him spending some time on the bench.
I'd even settle for Docherty in that centre midfield position.
I no longer think that Ali is our best player, form since Canning era our most valuable player on the pitch is Ziggy or Mcgovern.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:57 am

Kurtaj has been rotten lately consistently giving the ball away.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Gaspode » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:47 pm

I think Redmond is a really good player who, unfortunately has been dogged by injury after injury. I don't think we have seen the best of him because of this. A fit Redmond would be in my team every week.
Gaspode
Championship

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives